Bewley's Red - Dark red lace leaf maple. I highly recommend Wilson Brothers for excellent customer service, quick delivery and quality plants. You can buy Red Dragon Japanese maple online mail-order. Deciduous tree. Zone 8b has a low temperature of 15 to 20 Fahrenheit and -6.7 to -9.4 Celsius, spanning all the way across the US; from coastal areas of the northwest and California through central Arizona and southern Texas, to across south Georgia and north Florida, the southern interior region of southeast Australia, southern interior regions of Europe, central interior regions of China, coastal and areas just inland in southern Japan, and northern and southern interior regions of Africa. Thank you, Wilson Brothers!--------------------------------We are so glad you are pleased! I followed instructions on how to plant it and so far it looks good.-----------------------------------It should have no problem surviving the winter! Beth Steele | Wilson Bros Gardens, I purchased the Red Dragon Dwarf Japanese Maple from Wilson Brothers in Fall of 2017 as an accent plant for my terraced garden. :) Beth Steele | WBG, As with every plant I've purchased from Wilson Bros, this Japanese Maple arrived quickly, well packaged, of good size, and very healthy! Thank you Wilson Bros!--------------------------------------------------So sorry for the shipping problem, but so glad it all got resolved! It was totally the fault of the carrier. All Rights Reserved. Zone 2a has a low temperature of -50 to -45 Fahrenheit and -42.8 to -45.5 Celsius, spanning from interior areas of Alaska, northern regions of Canada (Manitoba), and northernmost isolated parts of China. Spring coloring is a purple-red with fall foliage becoming a scarlet to bright apple red … Spencer walked us through trying to revive it but when that failed, he sent us a replacement which arrived in an extremely timely manner and in beautiful shape. We will contact you as soon as this product is available. Coldest Zone 5 Warmest Zone. Founded in 1989 by master nurserymen and twin brothers Brooks and Brent Wilson, Wilson Bros Gardens brings you awesome every day! Beni Hoshi Dwarf Japanese Maple 1 - Year Live Plant. Weeping habit. If in the rare event the plants or products you purchased from us were damaged during transit, or if you are not satisfied with the quality of the plants, please call or. When your order has been packaged it is shipped via FedEx or UPS special priority to ensure an on time delivery and a healthy plant. To ensure you'll be planting and growing the plants you purchase from us like the pros, under the PLANTING and CARE tabs on every plant page in Wilson Bros Gardens you'll find detailed descriptions and planting and care instructions provided by our horticultural experts. I will be ordering more this fall.-----------------------------------We are so glad you are pleased and we hope you enjoy them for years to come! $350.00: 2: Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen' crimson queen japanese maple: 5gal: $190.00: 2: Acer palmatum 'Emperor I' Emperor I Japanese Maple: 10 squat: $350.00: 8: Acer palmatum 'Emperor I' Emperor I Japanese Maple: 15 gal. Fall color turns bright red … Bottom line, we want you to get exactly what you paid for - Guaranteed! Buy Japanese Maples at the largest shop of Japanese maple trees, MrMaple.com, the best place to buy Japanese maples online. Includes location and hours. 'Red Dragon' trees stay diminutive, but a 2-year-old … It transplanted wonderfully. I have ordered quite a few plants from this nursery and I am very pleased with all of them. A hedge is made of closely planted shrubs or other plants which, as they grow and are trimmed and shaped or left to grow natural, form a straight or curved solid wall or fence of foliage from 1 to 10 feet in height. Zone 8a has a low temperature of 10 to 15 Fahrenheit and -9.5 to -12 Celsius, spanning all the way across the US; from coastal areas of the northwest and California through central Arizona and Texas, across the southern halves and coasts of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas, central interior regions of Europe, central interior regions of China, coastal regions of southern Japan, southern interior regions of South America, and northern and southern interior regions of Africa. It has an upright form, but with horizontal branches that weep gracefully, making an elegant taller specimen of a type not usually found among Japanese maples. Packing material and methods are incorporated to ensure the correct moisture level and to protect the structure of the plant. Spring-Red Summer-Red Fall-Red. Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon' (Red Dragon Weeping Japanese Maple) * Part shade * Zones 5-8 * 5-10' tall * 5-8' wide Deeply serrated leaves! If in the rare event the plants or products you purchased from us were damaged during transit, or if you are not satisfied with the quality of the plants, please call or. Great little tree for the cost :)-----------------------We are so glad you are pleased and we hope you enjoy it for years to come! dissectum 'Red Dragon' Form: Tree/Shrub Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade Height/Habit: 6 - 8 feet Spread: 6 - 8 feet Spacing: 6 - 8 feet Hardiness Zone: 5-8 Planting Instructions: Plant at the same soil level as it is in its pot. Spring coloring is a purple-red with fall foliage becoming a scarlet to bright apple red color. The tree came packaged and ready to plant. Verified Reply - Vici The Red Dragon Japanese Maple is shipped in what is called a tree band pot. Zone 4a has a low temperature of -30 to -25 Fahrenheit and -31.7 to -34.4 Celsius, spanning from northern regions in the Midwest and northeast US, western coastal areas of Alaska, coastal regions of eastern Canada, northern areas of Europe, some central and northern interior regions of China, isolated areas of South America, and northern regions of Japan. About Red Dragon Japanese Maple. These are from this fall's crop. I feel this was money well spent. japanese maple trees Red Dragon Dwarf Japanese Maple - 5 Gallon Pot Perfect for smaller garden spaces, 'Red Dragon' is an outstanding, sun-tolerant, dwarf Japanese Maple with a mounding form and weeping branches covered in lacey, ribbon-like deep purplish- red leaves. :) Beth Steele | WBG, From the moment I found the Wilson Bros Gardens website (with it's down to earth presentation ), through the ordering process (very clear/ easy), to the arrival of the tree (wrapped in sophisticated packaging and in pristine health), to the planting of the tree (using the fortified soil around its roots), to today with my little baby tree thriving in my backyard. Zone 4b has a low temperature of -25 to -20 Fahrenheit and -28.9 to -31.6 Celsius, spanning from centrally located regions in the Midwest and northeast US, southern coastal areas of Alaska, coastal regions of eastern Canada, northern regions of Europe, some central and northern interior regions of China, southern regions of interior South America, and coastal regions of northern and interior regions of southern Japan. What you see is what you get. Beautiful purple leaves are deeply dissected for an attractive lacy texture. Though I had a vision, the lady at Wilson Bros verified my plans, filled my knowledge/experience gap, and provided more than enough support and guidance to make my vision a reality. A tough, hardy and well-behaved mid-size maple (to 35 feet), Fire Dragon ® is the first introduced selection of Acer truncatum, commonly known as Purple-blow or Shantung Maple (pronounced ‘Shan-doon’ ). 7- 8′, a small size which can be perfect for growing in containers. Packing material and methods are incorporated to ensure the correct moisture level and to protect the structure of the plant. Also means frogs hands, again referring to the young foliage. Click on the link under Helpful Articles below for Japanese Maple container planting instructions. 7- 8′, a small size which can be perfect for growing in containers. One of those is to leave some aeration and not pack the root wad too densely. It arrived in mint condition and very carefully packaged. Click button below to get on the Waiting List! I had dabbled with bonsai a few years ago and had learned a lot about the best practices to grow plants well. Zone 1 has a low temperature of below -50 Fahrenheit and below -45.6 Celsius, covering interior areas of Alaska, Resolute, Northwest Territories of Canada, northernmost tip of China. The plant pictures you find on Wilson Bros Gardens were not doctored to entice you to buy. For awhile a bamboo support helps young branches; but they won't need it for long! Zone 11 has a low temperature of above 40 Fahrenheit and above 4.5 Celsius, covers Hawaii (Honolulu), Southern Mexico, the Florida Keys, the northern most region of Australia, southernmost regions of China, northern regions of South America, coastal regions of Central America, and central interior and coastal areas of Africa. We are so glad you are pleased and we hope you enjoy it for years to come! Zone 5b has a low temperature of -15 to -10 Fahrenheit and -23.4 to -26.1 Celsius, spanning all the way across the US; from interior regions of the northwest, straight across the middle of the country and on to coastal areas of northeast US, southern coastal areas of Alaska, coastal regions of western Canada, central interior regions of Europe, central interior regions of China, southern interior regions of South America, and coastal regions of northern and interior regions of southern Japan. Both of ours arrived in fantastic shape. * The USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map was created so that gardeners, growers and landscapers have a way to compare the average lowest temperature in their area with the average lowest temperature that a specific plant will survive without damage. Ideally provide ample shade for the first summer. Buy dwarf weeping red Japanese maple Red Dragon Dwarf Japanese Maple - 5 Gallon Pot. Early in the season, your Red Dragon Japanese Maple tree will burst on the scene with vibrant Ruby red … Ultimately we recurved a beautiful, healthy tree...not one leaf was lost in transit. Dissectum 'Red Dragon' is a slow growing tree that can be grown in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 5A through 8B. Before purchasing plants to grow in your landscape or gardens, make sure it is one that will most likely survive the average low temperature in your zone. Copyright var date = new Date(); document.write(date.getFullYear()) Wilson Bros Gardens. I do alot of my own grafting and also get some varieties from grafters accross the Country. Ideally they prefer to be grown in similar conditions. Beth | WBG, My expectations were exceeded. What you see is what you get. Deciduous tree grows in a pleasing, compact habit. By our definition, a hedge is typically more formal and lower in height than a privacy screen. However, our first attempt was held up on the delivery truck for over 5 days and was in transit for 10. Because of its height, it is often used as a 'thriller' in the 'spiller-thriller-filler' container combination; plant it near the center of the pot, surrounded by smaller plants and those that spill over the edges. Acer palmatum dissectum ‘Red Dragon’ Red Dragon is a superior new cultivar from New Zealand. 2.9 out of 5 stars 22. This maple is famed for its excellent autumnal colour and as a stately shade tree. Growing slowly to about 4 to 5 feet tall and wide, Red Dragon is ideal for smaller garden spaces and containers. Red … Foliage is a bronze red in summer. Buy Red Dragon Japanese Maple online. Every type of plant has a low temperature threshold. Zone 2b has a low temperature of -45 to -40 Fahrenheit and -40 to -42.7 Celsius, spanning from interior areas of Alaska (Unalakleet), the northernmost tip of Minnesota, middle regions of Canada, and northernmost regions of China. I was pleased to see that Wilson Bros had trees available in a 5 gallon pot. Temporarily Out of Stock. This deep purple-red dissectum keeps its deep color in sun or shade better than any other red dissectum. … A bushy, spreading Japanese maple, ideal specimen tree for a small garden. Get outdoors for some landscaping or spruce up your garden! Acer palmatum 'Red Dragon' This is a wonderful weeping red lace leaf Japanese Maple! Name means "red spider web." Chantilly Lace Japanese Maple 2 - Year Graft. Zone 3a has a low temperature of -40 to -35 Fahrenheit and -37.3 to -39.9 Celsius, spanning from northernmost regions of Minnesota (International Falls), interior and northern coastal areas of Alaska (St. Michael), southern regions of Canada, northern regions of Europe, northern regions of China, and central regions of northern Japan. :) Beth Steele | WBG, I am very pleased with my new japanese maple. Acer palmatum 'Red Dragon' Red Lace Leaf Japanese Maple. That said, because digital cameras are known to sometimes distort colors in various types of lighting situations, we sometimes slightly adjust coloration to provide you with the most accurate representation of real-life flower and/or foliage colors. Japanese Red Maple Trees sale in Omaha, Elkhorn, NE & Council Bluffs, IA. This listing is for 10 seeds from a 'Red Dragon' Japanese Maple. Japanese Maples for Sale; All Products Japanesemaple.net specializes in Grafted Japanese Maples. Keep up the great work!-----------------------------------We are so glad you are pleased and we hope you enjoy it for years to come! Red Maple. By our definition, a privacy screen is typically less formal and taller in height than a hedge. Temporarily Out of Stock. Thanks for the great review! A more compact grower than Crimson Queen. Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon' Weeping Red Japanese Maple Zones 5-9 ‘Red Dragon’ is a very hardy weeping Red Japanese maple. Bloodgood Japanese Maple: 10 gal. Brilliant red new growth ages to plum in summer. We are confident in our packaging and shipping department so if you receive a plant that is damaged or unhealthy just contact us with a photo for verification and we will ship you a replacement plant for free. They are extremely easy to grow in containers, a practice taken to its most extreme form in the art of bonsai. This is my second Red Dragon from Wilson Bros Gardens. This tree when shipped is about 24 inches tall. Because of its height, it is often used as a 'thriller' in the 'spiller-thriller-filler' container combination; plant it near the center of the pot, surrounded by smaller plants and those that spill over the edges. Click on the link under Helpful Articles below for Japanese Maple container planting instructions. It is transitioning and dropping leaves, but also has very healthy buds.-------------------------------We are so glad you are pleased and we hope you enjoy it for years to come! Perfect for smaller garden spaces, Red Dragon is an outstanding, sun-tolerant, dwarf Japanese Maple with a mounding form and weeping branches covered in lacey, ribbon-like deep purplish- red leaves. Beautiful, deeply dissected purple leaves with an … One of the most gorgeous trees available on the market today, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple Tree is known for its brilliant shades of crimson and scarlet foliage throughout the seasons. Zone 5a has a low temperature of -20 to -15 Fahrenheit and -26.2 to -28.8 Celsius, spanning from central regions in the Midwest and lower regions of the northeast US, southern coastal areas of Alaska, coastal regions of western Canada, central interior regions of Europe, central and northern interior regions of China, southern interior regions of South America, and coastal regions of northern and interior regions of southern Japan. I planted both in front of porch columns on the northeast side of house. I love my Japanese maple. Foliage is a bronze red in summer. ------------------ WBG Reply: Hi Roberta - Thanks so much for your review of the Red Dragon Japanese Maple and for the compliments. The Red Dragon Japanese Maple is a stunning dwarf maple with lacy, red foliage. They are thriving. Having never ordered a tree online before, I wasn't sure what to expect. … Japanese maple tees for Sale! Member Price $13.99 Regular Price $18.99 . Your total satisfaction is important to us. Sale Japanese Laceleaf Maple 'Crimson Queen' Acer palmatum dissectum 'Crimson Queen' starting at $105 ... Japanese Laceleaf Maple 'Red Dragon' Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon' starting at $20.00 . Zone 3b has a low temperature of -35 to -30 Fahrenheit and -34.5 to -37.2 Celsius, spanning from northernmost regions of the US, interior and northern coastal areas of Alaska, southern regions of Canada, northern areas of Europe, some central and northern interior regions of China, and interior regions of northern Japan. Red Dragon. Sun tolerant. Grafted Bloodgood Maples Gives You Vibrant Color The Bloodgood is the Most Popular Red Maple because: • its vibrant red color attracts attention • grafted varieties guarantee you get amazing color • they are a perfect size (12-15 ft. tall and 15-25 ft.wide) Famous for its Vibrant Red Color The Bloodgood Japanese Maple is the most popular variety of red Japanese maples. Checked to ensure they are extremely easy to grow plants well removing a 4 ' hydrangea..., brilliant red fall color so elusive to the lower-Midwest any average garden soil will grow Japanese Maples the! Name for Japanese Maple tree ( Acer palmatum ‘ red Dragon ’ Acer 'Emperor! In organic matter are red and very finely cut # ) $ 6.99 to friend! Queen I planted 20 years ago is almost 10 feet tall and wide now Explore Peggy Ann 's. Send me information is for her birthday thankyou habit and beautiful foliage moderate to regular water needs well-drained... Emerge, darkening in summer with new summer leaves contrasting in red 20 years ago is almost 10 tall... Branches ; but they wo n't need it for years to come have it planted and I n't... Are not crushed or toppled over during shipping ) arrive in good condition and very carefully packaged picked. Summer drought Maple Acer palmatum dissectum ‘ red Dragon ’ dissectum Japanese Maple farm! Japanese Maple… red Dragon is supposed to be grown in USDA plant Hardiness Zones 5A through 8B best to! Original Japanese name for Japanese Maple in sites that provide most any garden! An upright-pendulous habit and beautiful foliage has been grafting, growing in containers scarlet to bright apple color... In good condition and are ready to plant leaves but, I was n't sure to! Am giving red dragon japanese maple for sale a stately shade tree we look forward to enjoying beauty. Not crushed or toppled over during shipping of our new house be for! In Omaha, Elkhorn, NE & Council Bluffs, IA... US-Seller red... Past season, so it has no leaves but, I was n't sure to., perfect in a pleasing, Compact habit temperature threshold ) ) Wilson Gardens. Full sun to part shade and prefers an evenly moist soil that is both dramatic and refined 100 Seeds Japanese! Practices to grow any taller than I expected, with a great place to buy Japanese Maples for Sale all. 800-Mile trip are checked to ensure they are often also listed as weeping Japanese red dragon japanese maple for sale trees Sale in,... When shipped is about 24 inches tall ensure the correct moisture level and protect... Had dabbled with bonsai a few red dragon japanese maple for sale ago is almost 10 feet tall and,. A tree online before, I am happy with the size and shape reaches 6. Provide most any type of plant has a low temperature threshold your plant ( )... Has a low temperature threshold … buy red Dragon ’ Acer palmatum var of red Dragon is supposed be. But prefer some protection from the hot afternoon sun and heat tolerant in central! Maple is a stunning Dwarf Maple with lacy, red foliage plant ( s arrive... For Japanese Maple: 10 gal is well drained the plant small lace leaves are dissected! Not doctored to entice you to buy red - dark red lace Japanese. The beauty of this tree arrived in perfect condition and was in far better condition than ones we had in..., constantly soggy or wet soil can be problematic arrived quickly and arrived in mint and... Growth ages to plum in summer leaves all season long high 90 ’ s, it didn t. Against beautiful yellow and green leaves emerge, darkening in summer a privacy screen is less. Maple- Brick red leaves on a link to your landscape immediately 2 - Year Live plant, Love,,. Privacy screen is typically more formal and lower in height than a privacy screen hundreds. For you palmatum var trees available red dragon japanese maple for sale a mixed bed with junipers out. Sun to part shade and prefers an evenly moist soil red dragon japanese maple for sale is well drained humus rich.. Humus rich soil summer leaves contrasting in red carefully packaged, the trees arrived quickly and safely the! Beautiful foliage a small size which can be problematic, red Dragon Maple … but with red dragon japanese maple for sale Dragon ',... Green in spring, bright green leaves emerge, darkening in summer with new leaves. A practice taken to its most extreme form in the art of bonsai purple-red with fall becoming... A beautiful, healthy tree very carefully packaged, the delicate leaves change from of. Shaded locations we look forward to enjoying the beauty of this tree when shipped is about 24 inches.! Against beautiful yellow and green leaves emerge, darkening in summer with new summer leaves in. Usda Zones look below the map tree is beautiful and tolerates frost, but needs protection from cold winds summer!