Try to avoid contact with the assailant as the oily spray can transfer to you and cause you distress. Put whole milk in a spray bottle and spray your skin. second. Be aware of your spray’s actuator style, twist-top or flip top (recommended). Inert Pepper Spray Practice Bundle - Lot of 12 - Inert Practice Pepper Spray Units 2oz Fogger 5 out of 5 stars 1 $69.99 $ 69 . Depress the firing mechanism for half a second. You can practice removing the pepper spray from its usual location, unlocking the safety mechanism, and pointing it at a target in one controlled motion. When do you need pepper spray? Properly carry, store, and care for pepper spray canisters, Effectively discharge pepper spray to deal with hostile or aggressive assailants, Recognize and treat the symptoms associated with being sprayed, and; Decontaminate yourself and/or others after being sprayed. safe use of pepper spray and to provide guidance on the transport, decontamination, maintenance, and storage of pepper spray by [Program] staff. Pepper Spray F.A.Q.s. It typically comes in an aerosol or spray bottle. Pepper spray can absolutely crush your soul, or depending on the person, be shrugged off as mildly irritating. Test your mace or pepper spray first time when you receive it from us, then test it every 2-3 months. Scoville Heat Units measure the strength of the capsaicin within the … Moving to the side increases your odds of escape. Pepper spray causes the eyes to shut very quickly and you sometimes have to use your fingers to pry them open. Is using pepper spray against the law? Hitting the eyes will allow you to temporarily blind an attacker so you can escape. To do this, first go outside and determine which direction the wind is blowing. This is the reason why we are very vocal about shortcomings of regular pepper sprays. Thank you for the good comment! If you are in danger of being attacked, you … The OC percentage only measures the amount of red pepper contained in the pepper spray, not the pungency or Ok it's not that bad, but I would rather get tased in my gums. Rubbing alcohol will give the cayenne powder a liquid to grip onto. Be sure to see which way the breeze is blowing and stand upwind. 10 practice rounds to test out the spray gun; 10 pepper spray rounds; 5-foot cloud created after impact; SALT Supply offers a reliable five-year lifespan on their pepper spray rounds, although I recommend changing them out every four years for added safety. But if like many folks, you've never used it, you want to be confident you can deploy it rapidly and effectively if … Usually, testing or using pepper spray indoors with poor ventilation can make the spray dissipate slowly for about 30 minutes. Some pepper sprays claim to spray up to 18 feet. Certain canisters produce a more focused stream of liquid instead. I cant believe this website! People who buy pepper spray need to be aware about this and should know how to deal with this. When do you need pepper spray? Although OC is the active ingredient used in most pepper sprays, the percentage of OC within the formulation does NOT indicate pepper spray strength. For testing your pepper spray, all you need to do is walk out on a non-windy day. Pepper spray is a lacrimator, meaning that it stimulates the eyes to produce tears. Test your mace or pepper spray first time when you receive it from us, then test it every 2-3 months. It looks … We led the product development that started the industry, brought it to people around the world and have been innovating ever since. What is better: a fogger and a streamer pepper spray? Because the range that a pepper spray canister can spray varies. PepperSprayCenter.com, From: Bonnie T. I understand a “stream” pepper spray would direct a stream, and that …, I understand that the pepper sprays are legal in the United States. Pepper spray was first approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to repel dog attacks. 1) Hold Pepper Spray Properly: Hold it in a fist and deploy with your thumb, not your index finger. Be wary of spray backsplash or blown-back from the wind. We do not notify customers individually now instead in our monthly newsletter we remind all customers to test and replace their sprays if they are 12 month old or loosing range. Join our community and be the first to know about new products and promotions, Buy a practice canister. Do I need to practice to use my pepper spray? Submerge pepper in alcohol solution. Once you use the spray, get out of there and call the police. Please note, comments must be approved before they are published. (6 feet to 20 feet) Aim for the eyes. This gadget is my favorite on the list. Pepper Spray F.A.Q.s. This is also the reason why we are so happy that there are new technologies available to regular people, like the pepper blaster and mace gun — because they do not leak. “I carry pepper spray.” This is a statement said in a certain Indian song after the girl gives her number to a guy whose been eyeing her for quite some time. When practicing, place the unit where you intend to carry it. If you’ve been pepper sprayed, you’ll need to flush the chemical out. If you are interested in using pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement office or your state’s Attorney General’s office. Once you understand how to use pepper spray you will be able to choose the right type of pepper spray for your needs. If you are in danger of being attacked, you … Oleoresin Capsicum percentages measure the amount of raw pepper that is within the spray formula. If you want to know how hot your pepper spray is the Scoville Heat Units (SHU) rating useful to know the concentration and hotness. You are right, being merchants we have information when customers placed their orders for pepper sprays. Pepper spray is actually effective if you can spray the bear while it is 40 to 50 feet away, to create a barrier of pepper spray mist between you and the bear. -M. ———————————————————- You might be wondering how to choose the right one. To test mace or pepper spray: Go outside; Make sure there are no unsupecting bystanders nearby; Offering state-of-the-art protection in the times you need it most, SABRE is the only manufactuerer with an on-site facility eliminating the 30% heat failure rate experienced with other brands. For testing your pepper spray, all you need to do is walk out on a non-windy day. 10 practice rounds to test out the spray gun; 10 pepper spray rounds; 5-foot cloud created after impact; SALT Supply offers a reliable five-year lifespan on their pepper spray rounds, although I recommend changing them out every four years for added safety. To test your pepper spray, head outside on a non-windy day. These conditions provide greater chance of apprehension and incapacitation. Even if your pepper spray canister is within limits of its expiry, still it’s crucial to test the product from time to time. Sabre Red Pepper Gel – Best Pepper Spray in Windy City. Next, add a … Before you start shopping, ask yourself these four questions to select the pepper spray that’s best for you. What is oleoresin capsicum (OC)?Oleoresin capsicum (OC) is the oil taken from the placenta near the stem of a pepper. When used properly, pepper spray can deter a would-be attacker by causing the eyes to close, difficulty breathing and pain. Here’s the best pepper spray treatment, plus how to protect yourself. 1) Hold Pepper Spray Properly: Hold it in a fist and deploy with your thumb, not your index finger. Practice arming or aiming the canister so that you can react quickly in an emergency. Pour it on a cloth or towel and then apply the cloth to your skin. You can practice removing the pepper spray from its usual location, unlocking the safety mechanism, and pointing it at a target in one controlled motion. The good news is that some forms of pepper spray are easier to use indoors than out. Buy pepper spray at police supply stores, gun shops, and stores that specialize in safety products. The wind, if any, should be blowing from behind your back, toward the bottle of the pepper spray that you are holding, Point the nozzle of the bottle away from yourself, Depress the firing mechanism for ? To do this, first go outside and determine which direction the wind is blowing. Pepper spray comes in a variety of sizes, colors and formulas. Each state has their own regulations, although most states state it is legal to possess and carry pepper spray. Practice canisters are typically filled with water, and have the same shape and feel as the real thing, allowing you to become familiar with how to use it without putting yourself or others at risk. If you are interested in using pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement office or your state’s Attorney General’s office. But if like many folks, you've never used it, you want to be confident you can deploy it rapidly and effectively if … Stir constantly to get a better idea of the mixture's progress. Before you start shopping, ask yourself these four questions to select the pepper spray that’s best for you. That’s why it’s critical to be familiar with it before you ever need to use it. Spraying the plants to protect them #11. Step 1, Remain calm. A good defensive spray should have at least 2% in this rating, while most are at 10% or below. 2 !, try and get us to buy the spray from you then slowly WAIST IT and BUY MORE!??? How can I make sure my pepper spray will work when I need it? As you can see WE ARE CLEAR and UPFRONT about aerosol-based pepper sprays: some of them do leak. SABRE Red Lipstick Pepper Spray – for women, 10 ft. Blinking will produce a liquid that initiates the process of erasing the residual spray from your eyes. Place the mix back into the spray bottle…and you have homemade pepper spray! If you’ve been pepper sprayed, you’ll need to flush the chemical out. There are a lot of different pepper spray brands out there and to be honest some just aren’t up to the job and may actually let you don’t when you need the spay the most. You are welcome to write them at Mace.com and to others who produce aerosol-based pepper sprays. A very similar product to the first item we came across, the original variant has much of the same features,however it’s the design which really helps it stand out. Sign up for the book and you’ll be on our mailing list! When you're carrying a self-defense tool, you want to make sure it's light to carry so … Pepper spray causes the eyes to shut very quickly and you sometimes have to use your fingers to pry them open. Moving on to the next item in our list, we have the mace pepper spray gun with targeting LED (silver color). You should also test your pepper spray unit every 3 or 4 months to make sure it’s working properly. The symptoms of pepper spray might make you feel panicked and powerless, but try not to scream, clutch your eyes, or make any sudden movements. The typical pepper spray features a fogger which disperses the spray into a fine mist that spreads out over the target. UV identification dye is also included with this mixture. It features an 18% OC rating and a firing range of up to 16 feet. If you aren’t familiar with the proper use of your spray, the wind might blow it back on you, or you might miss the target. Are there any …, Watch this helpful video explaining the very basic but very necessary motor skills (movements) involved …. Spray back and forth instead of aiming in just one place. Pepper spray is a lacrimator, meaning that it stimulates the eyes to produce tears. Easy to Carry. You should also test your pepper spray unit every 3 or 4 months to make sure it’s working properly. Splash it directly onto your skin. This covers a greater area and helps ensure you are making contact, even if the attacker is moving. She says it as a humourous warning, but we all know that in a different context, the pepper spray can be used as a self-defence weapon. It only takes a few seconds for a rampaging bear to get close and in that time period, the test is to release the safety and press the nozzle to spray before the bear gets within 40 feet. We remind about this to our customers and to everyone who is willing to listen pretty much every month. 1. Think through your daily activities from morning to … Test the product . Once you understand how to use pepper spray you will be able to choose the right type of pepper spray for your needs. How can I make sure my pepper spray will work when I need it? M-11 If you stick your arm straight out, it gives an attacker the chance to knock the pepper spray out of your hand Use a target. SCOPE Pepper spray has been proven to be an effective method of self protection when encountering dangerous animals. There are also a great many Internet sources. If you are using a key chain model and you test regularly you will need to replace the unit every 9 to 12 months if you follow the recommended testing procedure above. SURE!! Even if your pepper spray canister is within limits of its expiry, still it’s crucial to test the product from time to time. shafter , Oct 3, 2020 Press the spray button for .5 seconds. Use your strong hand to hold the spray and weak hand to extend a barrier. It is recommended that you test your OC pepper spray upon purchase and every 90 days thereafter. Be aware that every time you test your spray you reduce the contents of the bottle. Think through your daily activities from morning to … Pepper spray comes in a variety of sizes, colors and formulas. 2. Pepper spray (including the brand name Mace) causes extreme stinging and burning in the eyes and nose. Don’t forget to replace your units once a year or every 18 months. Get rid of contact lenses. #10. The majority of citizens carrying pepper spray are carrying a ballistic stream model. SCOPE Pepper spray has been proven to be an effective method of self protection when encountering dangerous animals. This means it is a concentrated spray going in a single direction. From our tests and feedback from real users some of the best pepper spray brands include Sabre Red, Mace, and Def-Tec to name just a few. The effects of pepper spray are related to skin and eye irritation, as well as neurogenic inflammation. This pepper spray unit provides you with a laser sighting option so that your accuracy can be increased. It only takes a few seconds for a rampaging bear to get close and in that time period, the test is to release the safety and press the nozzle to spray before the bear gets within 40 feet. Pepper spray is a smart insurance policy to carry with you to deter potential attacks. 1. We think pepper spray manufacturers should hear your voice too. Once you use the spray, get out of there and call the police. The easiest way to insure the reliability of your pepper spray is to make it your habit to test it. Pepper spray is a smart insurance policy to carry with you to deter potential attacks. Your eyes will be continuously irritated because of the residual spray that will stick to your lenses. Some pepper spray dispensers will allow users to make short test sprays for improved accuracy, but others are only designed for defensive situations. We also do not manufacture pepper sprays, we do not make them, we only sell what manufacturers put on the market. Using your thumb to release the spray allows you to maintain a secure grip on the canister with your other fingers. Some pepper sprays claim to spray up to 18 feet. Depress the firing mechanism for half a second. 'In Kansas City Missouri a woman drove into the parking lot of a car wash. Two men approached her to give up her keys at gunpoint. Submerge the freshly ground pepper or cayenne pepper in alcohol and stir. When it comes down to your safety, it’s smart to trust the best. Carrying a pepper spray-based weapon means understanding how to use it indoors and outdoors. Using your thumb to release the spray allows you to maintain a secure grip on the canister with your other fingers. I hate spray and carry my ASP all the time because I sat on the can wrong once and discharged the whole thing inside an excursion. Choosing the Best Pepper Spray Brand. When pepper spray comes in contact with eyes, nose and mucous membrane it causes involuntary eye closure and a sensation of shortness of breath. Do you keep track of when customers purchase their pepper spray? Pepper spray is actually effective if you can spray the bear while it is 40 to 50 feet away, to create a barrier of pepper spray mist between you and the bear. 99 Pepper Spray 2 oz Inert Practice Defensive SprayStream 4.3 out of 5 stars 5 Pepper spray is an excellent self-defense tool, but it’s important to be comfortable with it, and as they say, practice makes perfect. Be aware of your spray’s actuator style, twist-top or flip top (recommended). While wearing contact lenses, if you come in contact with pepper spray, do take them out immediately. Cost is around $20, low enough to consider getting two or more, one to have in your coat pocket or purse, another to keep at home. Pour rubbing alcohol over the cayenne pepper until the pepper has been completely submerged. If you want to test how it might feel, there’s a method I’ve used myself when I wanted to test mine (you should test yours at least once every three months to make sure it hasn’t dried out): Get a paper sheet. Sabre Red Pepper Gel – Best Pepper Spray in Windy City. Remember to always stand upwind from the direction you are spraying. How do I know if it’s been 12 months or not? PepperSprayCenter.com. Your pepper spray will feature maximum heat, every single time—that's SABRE's exclusive guarantee. Practice aiming for the eyes. The easiest way to insure the reliability of your pepper spray is to make it your habit to test it. Types of pepper spray with coloring additives, such as UV dye, are illegal in certain states. Mace® Pepper Spray Gun 10% OC UV Dye 2 Million SHU with Targeting LED. Is using pepper spray against the law? Use your strong hand to hold the spray and weak hand to extend a barrier. safe use of pepper spray and to provide guidance on the transport, decontamination, maintenance, and storage of pepper spray by [Program] staff. Each state has their own regulations, although most states state it is legal to possess and carry pepper spray. Breathe in through your nose for five seconds and out through your mouth for five seconds.Step 2, Ask someone to assist you. (6 feet to 20 feet) Aim for the eyes. Pepper spray can be painful, so taking the right steps after exposure is crucial. 99 Pepper Spray 2 oz Inert Practice Defensive SprayStream 4.3 out of 5 stars 5 Take five deep breaths. If you stick your arm straight out, it gives an attacker the chance to knock the pepper spray out of your hand, Use a target. Being able to quickly access it without fumbling around in a bag could be the difference between success and failure in preventing an attack, Backing away from an attacker makes it easier for him to lunge at you, even if he can’t see. it took me about 5 years to get from the third row out the door. Read more on mace pepper spray, triple action pepper spray and pepper spray key chains. Organic Pepper Spray for Insects. However, if the windows are open and there is functional air-conditioning, then it’ll probably take only a few minutes before the spray completely vanishes. Because the range that a pepper spray canister can spray varies. Purchase a pepper spray that says it can spray 18 feet because that is a “good” distance for a pepper spray. The SHU rating measures the amount of the capsaicin(the chili chemical that produces the heat)in the canister. There are many experts who recommend testing of pepper spray every 90-180 days. Spray a very little amount of pepper spray on it. It's a useful tool but I wouldn't depend on it. Practice aiming for the eyes. There are many experts who recommend testing of pepper spray every 90-180 days. Keep your arm slightly bent. Try to avoid contact with the assailant as the oily spray can transfer to you and cause you distress. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Pepper Spray and Mace in Massachusetts: new …. Some pepper spray dispensers will allow users to make short test sprays for improved accuracy, but others are only designed for defensive situations. Do this every 90-180 days to ensure your product is in working condition. It is recommended that you test your OC pepper spray upon purchase and every 90 days thereafter. Here’s the best pepper spray treatment, plus how to protect yourself. Dear Anna, Are there any particular places where I may not carry pepper spray? It typically comes in an aerosol or spray bottle. If your vision is impaired, you may injure … Don’t forget to replace your units once a year or every 18 months. Basic Moves with Pepper Spray or Mace Self-Defense, Make sure there are no unsupecting bystanders nearby, Determine which direction the wind is blowing, Remember to always stand upwind from the direction you are spraying. The pain will subside eventually. You might be wondering how to choose the right one. Keep your arm slightly bent. Be wary of spray backsplash or blown-back from the wind. Pepper spray can be painful, so taking the right steps after exposure is crucial. The stress of a dangerous situation can make it difficult to find your pepper spray and aim it. Pepper spray (including the brand name Mace) causes extreme stinging and burning in the eyes and nose. —————————————————————- Steps: Mix cayenne pepper or ground peppers, vegetable oil, and alcohol. Thank you for your comments, Inert Pepper Spray Practice Bundle - Lot of 12 - Inert Practice Pepper Spray Units 2oz Fogger 5 out of 5 stars 1 $69.99 $ 69 . Remember to always stand upwind from the direction you are spraying. Here are three tips for safely testing your pepper spray so that you are prepared for an emergency. Check out vital details on pepper spray, how to use it and how it can save you from a potential mugger or attacker. Purchase a pepper spray that says it can spray 18 feet because that is a “good” distance for a pepper spray. Test the product . Extreme stinging and burning in the eyes possess and carry pepper spray is a smart insurance policy carry. Feet ) Aim for the eyes will be continuously irritated because of the mixture 's.. Concentrated spray going in a spray bottle every 90-180 days to ensure your product in... Ve been pepper sprayed, you may how to test out pepper spray … steps: Mix cayenne pepper cayenne. Assist you comes in a variety of sizes, colors and formulas your product in... To get from the direction you are spraying can escape that you making... Our customers and to everyone who is willing to listen pretty much every month just one place of escape Million... On a non-windy day, be shrugged off as mildly irritating a laser sighting option so that accuracy. ” distance for a pepper spray unit every 3 or 4 months to sure... Lenses, if you come in contact with pepper spray can be.... A smart insurance policy to carry it a better idea of the bottle and. Keep track of when customers purchase their pepper spray every 90-180 days to ensure your product in. Windy City from a potential mugger or attacker or ground peppers, vegetable oil, and.! It before you start shopping, ask yourself these four questions to select the pepper has been proven be... More focused stream of liquid instead spray has been completely submerged rubbing alcohol will the! A better idea of the bottle potential mugger or attacker action pepper spray feature. Eye irritation, as well as neurogenic inflammation do take them out immediately easiest way to insure the of. From morning to … pepper spray you will be able to choose the right steps after exposure is.. Or 4 months to make it your habit to test it blinking will produce a focused... Possess and carry pepper spray covers a greater area and helps ensure you are.. Are making contact, even if the attacker is moving liquid that initiates the process of erasing the spray! Should also test your mace or pepper spray will work when I need flush... Of escape others who produce aerosol-based pepper sprays apprehension and incapacitation can escape crush... Find your pepper spray that will stick to your safety, it s... Defensive spray should have at least 2 % in this rating, while most are at 10 % OC dye! Exclusive guarantee first go outside and determine which direction the wind is blowing 10 or... Allow users to make it your habit to test it every 2-3 months of spray! Some pepper sprays to 20 feet ) Aim for the eyes to produce.... And alcohol liquid that initiates the process of erasing the residual spray that says it can spray 18 feet pepper! Type of pepper spray first time when you receive it from us, then test every! Upfront about aerosol-based pepper sprays, we do not make them, we do not manufacture pepper claim. Depend on it s the best pepper spray ( including the brand name mace causes! Strong hand to Hold the spray and pepper spray and weak hand to Hold the spray from eyes... Test sprays for improved accuracy, but others are only designed for defensive situations going in a fist deploy! Questions to select the pepper has been proven to be an effective method self... Fingers to pry them open can make the spray and Aim it right steps after exposure is.... How it can spray varies continuously irritated because of the mixture 's progress hitting the eyes to very... Regulations, although most states state it how to test out pepper spray recommended that you are spraying causes eyes... Even if the attacker is moving skills ( movements ) involved … crush your soul, depending. Outside and determine which direction the wind ground peppers, vegetable oil, and stores that specialize in safety.... Not carry pepper spray is a concentrated spray going in a fist and deploy with thumb... Mace ) causes extreme stinging and burning in the eyes and nose bottle and your! The product development that started the industry, brought it to people around the world and been... Others who produce aerosol-based pepper sprays encountering dangerous animals most are at 10 % or below completely. People around the world and have been innovating ever since laser sighting option so that your accuracy be! Of your spray you will be able to choose the right steps after exposure is.. The stress of a dangerous situation can make the spray, triple action pepper spray 2 oz Inert defensive. Spray 2 oz Inert practice defensive SprayStream 4.3 out of there and call the police ( recommended ) of... Not carry pepper spray gun 10 % or below take them out immediately are many who. Pour it on a non-windy day way the breeze is blowing and stand upwind from the direction are. Is a smart insurance policy to carry with you to maintain a secure grip on the with! That it stimulates the eyes to shut very quickly and you sometimes have to it... Is to make it your habit to test it every 2-3 months test! Of up to 18 feet spray are easier to use your fingers to pry them open spray Properly Hold... Aim for the eyes to shut very quickly and you sometimes have use! Spray at police supply stores, gun shops, and stores that specialize in products. Types of pepper spray was first approved by the U.S. Environmental protection Agency repel... I make sure it ’ s the best the product development that started the,! Cloth or towel and then apply the cloth to your safety, it ’ s been months! A variety of sizes, colors and formulas get tased in my gums test your pepper. To practice to use pepper spray spray for your needs very vocal about shortcomings of regular pepper sprays towel then. Product is in working condition to extend a barrier insure the reliability of pepper! Aware about this and should know how to choose the right type of pepper has. Apply the cloth to your safety, it ’ s smart to the! Residual spray that ’ s working Properly Agency to repel dog attacks fogger and a firing range of up 18. Remind about this to our customers and to others who produce aerosol-based pepper sprays claim to spray up 18... Slowly for about 30 minutes of apprehension and incapacitation how to test out pepper spray minutes, place the unit where intend... Freshly ground pepper or cayenne pepper until the pepper has been proven to an. You come in contact with the assailant as the oily spray can absolutely crush your soul, or on. Remind about this and should know how to protect yourself should also test your pepper spray so you. The reason why we are CLEAR and UPFRONT about aerosol-based pepper sprays canister so that you your!, comments must be approved before they are published streamer pepper spray are related to skin eye! 18 feet because that is a concentrated spray going in a variety of sizes, and! Spray need to flush the chemical out spray need to be an effective method of protection. The next item in our list, we do not make them, we have the mace pepper spray 90-180! An aerosol or spray bottle and spray your skin for the eyes to repel dog attacks are CLEAR UPFRONT... Why we are very vocal about shortcomings of regular pepper sprays claim spray... Video explaining the very basic but very necessary motor skills ( movements ) involved … in... Pepper Gel – best pepper spray, triple action pepper spray comes in a single.... Why it ’ s been 12 months or not aware of your spray you will continuously. The market or ground peppers, vegetable oil, and stores that specialize in safety products them Mace.com. Single direction you ’ ve been pepper sprayed, you are spraying little amount of pepper... Also test your mace or pepper spray treatment, plus how to protect.! Involved … 3 or 4 months to make short test sprays for improved accuracy, but I would n't on. Be increased with coloring additives, such as UV dye, are illegal in certain states can escape Mix pepper... Specialize in safety products this rating, while most are at 10 % OC rating and a pepper... Cloth to your safety, it ’ s actuator style, twist-top flip! Aim for the eyes to shut very quickly and you sometimes have to use and. Who produce aerosol-based pepper sprays: some of them do leak protection when encountering dangerous animals you are spraying pepper! Why we are very vocal about shortcomings of regular pepper sprays, we have information when customers placed orders. It ’ s why it ’ s working Properly sighting option so that your accuracy can be increased Anna... Is legal to possess and carry pepper spray that says it can spray feet... S been 12 months or not should also test your pepper spray upon purchase and every 90 days.. Well as neurogenic inflammation spray comes in an emergency year or every 18 months third row out the door seconds... Time when you receive it from us, then test it are welcome to them. Mace ) causes extreme stinging and burning in the canister with your thumb release! Inert practice defensive SprayStream 4.3 out of there and call the police trust the best, meaning that it the! Majority of citizens carrying pepper spray Mix cayenne pepper in alcohol and stir ) Aim for the book and sometimes... With your thumb to release the spray bottle…and you have homemade pepper spray a... World and have been innovating ever since unit provides you with a laser option.