Here is a little something to rattle your brain while you're cleaning tanks...
I have five fish tanks sitting on a shelf. Each tank is a different size, has a different color gravel, contains a different species of cichlid, and a different kind of aquatic plant. Each of the cichlids eats a different type of food.
From the following clues, can you tell me which fish lives in the 75 gallon tank?
- The convict has speckled gravel in his tank.
- The angelfish is in a 40 gallon tank.
- The ram eats flakes.
- The tank with the sand is to the left of the tank with white gravel.
- The resident of the sandy tank eats pellets.
- The 30 gallon tank has only plastic Vallisneria plants
- The tank with brown gravel has pennywort (a plant).
- The fish with the speckled gravel eats brine shrimp.
- The oscar lives in the leftmost (first) tank.
- The lace plant is the tank next to the 50 gallon tank.
- The fish in the 20 gallon tank lives next to the pennywort tank.
- The fish with the swordplant eats microworms.
- The only plant in the tropheus tank is algae.
- The oscar lives next to the tank with the black gravel.
- The fish with the lace plant has a neighbor that eats only goldfish.