I fished Whitefish in the 70-80's. I fished Whitefish this past June 22-28th. The lodge is on Whitefish Lake, which is … It is approximately 11.7 square miles and primarily 5 to 22 feet deep, and drains into Lake Superior via the River Arrow. Loch Island Lodge and Camp Lochalsh, located on the shores of Wabatongushi Lake in Ontario Canada, offer some of the best Walleye and Northern Pike fishing to be found. Check out these Inspiring photos and Hero Shots of some of our Guests . Purchase a fishing license for your fishing destination. If you’re targeting whitefish on your next fishing trip, then you need to read this. Wait for the night bite or fish overcast days. Whitefish Lodge 2020 Rates - Call For Reservations (231) 878-8450. use small fly or jig with small piece of worm. The lake lies just outside the popular tourist town of Whitefish, Montana. They go deep soon after. Hunting Whitefish are one of the hardest fighting fish for their size and rival the fight of a Smallmouth Bass. Once he found out my dad was a heavy machinery mechanic and “worked” for a living he eased up and gave us fishing tips. Click and Download! Usually (not ice fishing), Whitefish are caught in the early spring or in the Fall when they migrate to areas with current such as rivers or narrow flows in the lake system. They average around 3.5 pounds and if you get into a school of them you can experience a ton of action. Join us as we discuss the Ontario Fishing License options, fishing rules and fishing regulations. Looking for any information from any locals that might have fished Whitefish Lake or any of the surrounding lake by Nolalu Ontario recently. Any one out there do any fall fishing or winter fish this year? There is nothing more beautiful than the sunset or sunrise on the pristine waters of Whitefish Lake Ontario Canada. Lake Ontario fishing charters have a lot of secrets to keep. Whitefish can be caught in the spring right on the surface using big trout flies. I would love to hear more comments on any of the lakes in this area. Walleye and Northern Pike, as well as Perch and Bass can be caught in this lake. Whitefish Lake offers some great fishing including Northern Pike Smallmouth Bass Walleye Yellow Perch. Looking to take my girlfriend on her first ice fishing trip this winter. Whitefish lake can be a difficult lake to fish as it is pretty much devoid of any classic walleye structure. 6 Whitefish with a conservation license. Whitefish Lake is just under 12 square miles and is visited throughout the year by fisherman fishing for bass, walleye and pike fish. It was hard this summer not to be up there with the border shut down. Many locals there will place a marker and consistantly fish a given area. Fishing Ontario Whitefish We have outstanding whitefish fishing at Gathering Lake Outfitters. Fishing Reports and Discussions for Whitefish Lake, Ontario, Canada - Wisconsin Late Summer Fishing for Whitefish: medium rod spin or bait caster. Lake Windermere has many deep areas, which hold massive schools of Whitefish during the summer. Lol. They go deep soon after. I know some people who like Prelate but it has always disappointed me. Northern lights lake trout bass huge walleye, extremely large, beautiful poor landing. Whether you’re an experienced angler or adventurous first-timer, Whitefish Bay Camp delivers a world-class fishing experience you’ll never forget. See what others are saying about Whitefish Lodge and Experience the Outdoors Like never before! At Ole’s Adventure Resort we pride ourselves on our well-maintained grounds and sites. PHONE: 1-231-878-8450. Whether you are seeking an exciting hunting or fishing expedition, an exhilarating snowmobile adventure or secluded getaway, Windy Pine Cottages has both the incredible surroundings and facilities for an unforgettable excursion in any season. Fishing Whitefish Lake Montana Fishing Guides 2020-01-29T08:44:02-07:00 Whitefish Lake Fishing In our high-paced modern world, finding time to relax seems to be one of the last things on the priority list for so many of us. Most use of the lake, however, is for pleasure boating. I am not a leech fisherman. Whitefish Lodge & Outposts offers 10 modern fully furnished private log cabins that are set up for your extended stay with everything you need including a full kitchen. Whitefish Lake is located off of Hwy. Much colder water than most other years. 76° 14′ 23″ Whitefish Lake is part of the Rideau Canal Waterway and connects to Sand lake via several locks at the north end and to Little Cranberry Lake on the south end via Murphy’s Narrows The average depth of Whitefish Lake is seven feet. Whitefish on Lake Superior are one of our favourite ice fishing pur­suits. It has been said that there lies a lake beneath which explains the endless catch of fish. When u launch u can go to the left but then it gets shallow, park the boat and walk through the water until you come to some rapids. It may provide a few walleye if you are willing to wait and be crowded. watch john whyte’s whitefish tips in action on youtube. The Whitefish in Dog Lake also fight really hard. COVID-19: Get the latest updates , take a self-assessment or learn … Whitefish have very small and tender mouths which is why most people who catch Whitefish were Walleye fishing while using really small hooks and minnows or really small jigs. Whitefish actually spend the winter shallow and after ice-out, they stay shallow for a few weeks while anticipating the Mayfly hatch. As for other lakes down the road, Iron Range is like a smaller Whitefish. Check back regularly to learn about the latest tackle, tips and techniques for icing more walleye, perch, northern pike, lake trout, crappies and whitefish. 44° 30′ 57″ Long. We catch them between 65 and 85 feet deep. ‘The Lake of Shining Wonders’ is an ecological wonder. I caught 35 walleyes with only 5 below 18 inches. That tip we learned from a local at a bar. Yankee fishermen are missing the boat. 284 were here. Any suggestions? Did very well on Perch. I just can't do this. Every Friday this winter we’ll be sharing Outdoor Canada ’s top ice fishing tips for 2017. Nov-Apr Winter Months. Fishing Reports and Discussions for Whitefish Lake, Ontario, Canada - Wisconsin Whitefish can be caught in the spring right on the surface using big trout flies. We used to go to the dump up there to watch the bears until they put a gate at the entrance. Once these suckers bite, it’ll likely be nonstop action for 30 minutes to several hours. Let's face it, there's a lot we can learn and share from one another like what bait or lure is generating the best results. We also catch many right off our dock! Our clients enjoy Lake Whitefish out of the two species offered at our Ontario fishing lodges. The average depth of Whitefish Lake is seven feet. good lake. Whitefish spawn in mid-Nov; along the extensive sand, gravel and stony shoals. Red Pine Lodge & Outpost Camps $ Ontario Lodge Drive-To, Boat-In and Fly-In Fishing for Walleye, Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass, Brook Trout, Rainbow Trout, Lake Trout, Whitefish and Jumbo Perch Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario … I spent a lot of time on Lake Superior this past summer instead. A detailed fishing report for the Whitefish Lake will make the difference between a good fishing here and a bad one. Whitefish Lake is located near the village of Seeleys Bay in the County of Leeds and Grenville co-ordinates: Lat. Dealt with a nasty cold front that dropped the lake temperature 6 degrees. Contact Us. The last couple years we started exploring other lakes, Sandstone was our favorite, lots of nice smallies and walleye! Copyright © 2020 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved. Whitefish can also get to be a … Manitowik Lake is the best for Whitefish. Whitefish Lake is located just 35 miles from the US Pigeon River border, and a short 50-minute drive from Thunder Bay, Ontario. Superb Muskie, Northern, Walleye, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass, Lake Trout, Perch and Crappie fishing awaits you. The deep, clear water of Whitefish Bay make it ideal for lake trout fishing. Ontario Whitefish Fishing - Dog Lake. Since the fishing has declined on Whitefish I have ventured to other lakes as well. Year-round fishing is popular and ice fishing is most definitely enjoyed on the lake. Where to fish – North Superior hot spots. Whitefish are not only fun to catch, but taste great. Ontario Whitefish Fishing - Dog Lake. Whitefish Lake is located in the Thunder Bay District in Northwestern Ontario, Canada, near the village of Nolalu.The lake contains walleye, pike, and small mouth bass but is noted for its perch fishing. Peanut, have you spent any time on Northern Lights? Very shallow launch as I remember, I actually ran into the side of my Dad’s car with the boat loading up there but that’s another story! Even though it’s the smallest of the big lakes, its waters run deep. Copyright ©2020All rights reserved by Whitefish Lodge and Outpost Camps. You don’t know how to start and where to go. Angling tips. Where the Road Ends...and Your Adventure Begins! Many locals there will place a marker and consistantly fish a given area. Whitefish Lake is located in the Thunder Bay District in Northwestern Ontario, Canada, near the village of Nolalu.The lake contains walleye, pike, and small mouth bass but is noted for its perch fishing. Anglers typically jig or troll for whitefish and the more lines in the water, the better. In the United States and Canada, most states require you to have a fishing license to catch whitefish. Whitefish are common in Dog Lake and can get really big. Say you have a group of four fishing buddies. Arrow good bass and lake trout beautiful lake deep huge walleye hard to catch. When the May Fly hatch is complete, the Whitefish go deep. We suggest small tear drop jigs baited with a waxworm. Whitefish are common in Dog Lake and can get really big. Whitefish Lake has 29 developed cottages and 81 basic service campsites(42 of which are seasonal) within the Provincial Park Campground. Guests should pick up a few walleyes each day in the 3 to 4-pound range and sometimes bigger. I want her to be comfortable so I'm not looking for particular lakes but towns that have accommodations and groceries and decent drive to lake access with good fishing (we don't have a sled but the snowshoe express has taken me many hundreds of KM on the ice). watch john whyte’s whitefish tips in action on youtube. All of the waters from the Great Lakes and rivers flow through Lake Ontario. There was another lake we went to up there the name I don’t recall, I think it was past sandstone but on the left side of the road. It is definitely not what it use to be but the walleyes you catch are extremely healthy. Call us today for your Fishing or Hunting Adventure! We have outstanding whitefish fishing at Gathering Lake Outfitters. Some say that fishing for Salmon and Trout on Lake Ontario can be somewhat intimidating. easiest to catch in winter and spring. Marie. Whitefish Fishing Regulations: Limit: Zone 10 (Five Mile Lake) 12 Whitefish with a sport license. A true Canadian Wilderness camp experience awaits you when you boat into Whitefish Bay Camp on beautiful Lake of the Woods in Northwest Ontario. Iron Range has been the most consistent for me. We offer outstanding fishing for Walleye, Northern Pike, Lake Trout, Brook Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Perch and Whitefish north of Wawa, Ontario. Anglers from around the world come to ice fish for whiteys in a handful of Ontario lakes—most notably, Lake Simcoe, Lake Nipissing, Lake Temagami, Lake of the Woods, and several of the bays along the north shore of Lake Superior between Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Fishing for lake whitefish adds a nice change of pace to the Pine Cliff Lodge fishing experience. Anglers typically jig or troll for whitefish and the more lines in the water, the better. Once these suckers bite, it’ll likely be nonstop action for 30 minutes to several hours. No limit on perch back then and no size limit on walleye. Regulations: Whitefish, largest walleye 31" 12lb, caught on what was a new bait at the time a perch Shad Rap, drift west of east islands in the thickest weeds you can find, cast with the wind and reel and twitch back to boat, the more the wind the better. Anglers can target whitefish at locations along Superior’s north shore. I just can't do this. Whitefish Lake is located in central Ontario, Canada, in the township of Parry Sound (a 15 min drive from this lake). It's a great way to try your fly rod. Rocky's Resort Whitefish Lake is 7 miles long and up to 2 miles wide. We've got mixed reports for ice fishing on Whitefish Lake (best tip is to try Lac Des Mille) -- For those determined to work this lake, we've had our best luck fishing at night. We also offer over 10 different portage lakes and streams for additional fishing … Every Friday this winter we’ll be sharing Outdoor Canada ’s top ice fishing tips for 2017. The map also shows hotspots where our fishing junkies have caught lunkers and posted photos and stories. Where to fish – North Superior hot spots. It's a great way to try your fly rod. We catch them between 65 and 85 feet deep. Manitowik Lake is the best for Whitefish. Anglers can target whitefish at locations along Superior’s north shore. Whitefish lake is approximately 22 square miles in size. Regulations: I know the fishing is not what it used to be but I still enjoy spending a few days every year on Whitefish before heading out to other lakes. The big attraction is the perch and the allowed double linit on whitefish lake. I just got back from there today. Lake Huron is also loaded with whitefish. The Sportsmans license allows you to take home 100 perch and … We … they feed only during the day in late fall and early winter. spin caster or fly rod. I would love to hear more about it. Whitefish are primarily caught in early spring while jigging for walleye in the shallow areas. Spring Fly-Fishing. Our experienced guides will show our clients how to have the opportunity to catch whitefish in the 5 to 10 pound range with trophy’s common. Arrow good bass and lake trout beautiful lake deep huge walleye hard to catch. fish in shallower water 20' and shallower. Sandstone good bass lake and huge walleye but hard to catch. Box 1635. 48° 02′ 23″ Long. Located just off Highway 588. And that’s exactly why you need a local guide to put you on fish. Nicer walleyes are caught on crankbaits. The lodge is on Whitefish Lake, which is … The improved road makes it much easier to travel now. Features present include an established boat launch with docks, marina with parking, wheelchair accessible fishing pier, filleting shack, non-modern washrooms, playgrounds and beach area. Catch Great Walleye, Trophy Northern Pike, Small Mouth Bass, Whitefish, Perch, Speckled Trout / Brook Trout and more! Information about the Lake Whitefish (Coregonus clupeaformis), a cold-water fish native to Ontario. The Little Whitefish Lake fishing map contains information about some of the best fishing spots this lake has to offer as well as the nearby cottages, campgrounds, and bait and tackle shops. Whitefish Lake is just under 12 square miles and is visited throughout the year by fisherman fishing for bass, walleye and pike fish. Check back regularly to learn about the latest tackle, tips and techniques for icing more walleye, perch, northern pike, lake trout, crappies and whitefish. catch with a fly on the surface when mayflies are plentiful. Perch were okay and lots of northern. Whitefish Lake is located just 35 miles from the US Pigeon River border, and a short 50-minute drive from Thunder Bay, Ontario. It can also be found by following Clear Lake Road, from highway 141. let lure fall to bottom and jig up replicating May Fly larvae hatch. Research the fishing laws online before you travel to avoid getting fined. It is home to Walleye, jumbo Perch, Northern and small mouth bass. The lake reaches highway 141, just west-northwest of the town of Rosseau. Fishing Ontario Whitefish. Lake of the Woods is renowned as one of the finest fishing lakes in all of Canada. Located just 20 minutes away from Wawa, Ontario at the end of Whitefish Lake Road. Lake whitefish from inland lakes can reach a weight upwards of 5 pounds (2,300 g) (the largest Lake Whitefish caught on rod and reel is 15pounds 6 oz from Clear Lake Ontario Canada on May 21, 1983 by Chris T. D. Webster according to the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward Wis USA]]). The Whitefish in Dog Lake also fight really hard. Lake Ontario fishing charters options. Call us today for your Fishing or Hunting Adventure! Fishing for lake whitefish adds a nice change of pace to the Pine Cliff Lodge fishing experience. Fishing You can obtain a license online or at a hunting or sporting store. They average around 3.5 pounds and if you get into a school of them you can experience a ton of action. Casted leeches into the rapids and we killed the big smallies! Seven Lakes Wilderness Camps $$ Ontario Outfitter Drive-to and Fly-In Fishing for Walleye, Northern Pike, Perch, Whitefish, Brook Trout, Lake Trout and Sturgeon They average around 3 pounds but guests have caught them in the 5 to 10-pound range. It is approximately 11.7 square miles and primarily 5 to 22 feet deep, and drains into Lake Superior via the River Arrow. When the May Flies start to hatch, the Whitefish will move out of the rivers and stay just below the surface of the lake feeding on the hatching flies. We didn't try for walleye. Access to the lake is a public launch located on Highway 588 and many independent tourist resorts. ADDRESS: P.O. The lake connects to Manitowik Lake on the north end via a narrows. At present, the Ontario Record for Lake Whitefish … Once you get to Wawa take Hwy 101 north 12miles. Whitefish Bay Fishing Whitefish Bay is on the east side of Lake of the Woods and has deep clear water without algae blooms, many reefs, weedy bays, and islands for protected fishing on windy days. Whitefish lake can be a difficult lake to fish as it is pretty much devoid of any classic walleye structure. It may provide a few walleye if you are willing to wait and be crowded. Wawa, Ontario POS-1K0. May-Oct Summer Months. Winter Events Feb. 13-15, 2021: May Events May 8 & 9, 2021: June Events June 19 & 20, 2021: Summer Events July 3-11, 2021 On Lake Wabatongushi in Ontario Canada, we offer some of the best Pike and Walleye fishing to be found. I have fished Sandstone, Prelate, Sunbow, Iron Range, Arrow, Mountain, and Icarus. I spend a great deal of my ice fishing time hunting these silvery fish and along the way, I've learned a few tricks. Our experienced guides will show our clients how to have the opportunity to catch whitefish in the 5 to 10 pound range with trophy’s common. 101 northeast of the town of Wawa Ontario in the District of Algoma; co-ordinates: Lat. Whitefish on Lake Superior are one of our favourite ice fishing pur­suits. Ontario whitefish fishing with 7 Lakes Wilderness Camps in Nakina Ontario - Fly-in Fishing Outpost Camps and Cabins. Catch Walleye, Northern Pike, Bass, Whitefish, Perch, Speckled Trout and more! We were there then end of May. ... Windy Pine Cottages is located on beautiful Whitefish Lake in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. Come visit it is never to early to book your next adventure. They’re plentiful, grow big, are generally eager to bite, and are one of the best-eating fishes you’ll find. Fishing reports, maps and pictures for Whitefish Lake in Ontario. I totally understand why but I am hoping this summer will be different. Whitefish Lake has a variety of fish species including northern pike, smallmouth bass, yellow perch, walleye, lake trout, and white sucker. EMAIL: info@WhitefishLodge.net. It is home to Walleye, jumbo Perch, Northern and small mouth bass. Each female randomly drops from 5-15 thousand eggs before returning to deeper water. The eggs hatch in late winter and the young fish form schools that travel the shoal areas in search of food. The lake is 22 miles long and over 10,000 acres, with an average depth of 22 feet. trails for atv's. A Canadian lodge offering cabin rentals, great fishing, bear, moose & grouse hunting. Went to whitefish 7 years in a row starting when I was 12 so it’s been about 20 years now since I’ve been there. If they are so abundant there they are also in Lake Ontario. Check out these Action Videos to see what's going on around here. Lake whitefish from inland lakes can reach a weight upwards of 5 pounds (2,300 g) (the largest Lake Whitefish caught on rod and reel is 15pounds 6 oz from Clear Lake Ontario Canada on May 21, 1983 by Chris T. D. Webster according to the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward Wis USA]]). Walleye were a little elusive but we concentrated on perch. Whitefish Lake is a lake located just 60.2 miles from Neebing, in Thunder Bay District, in the province of Ontario, Canada, near Thunder Bay, ON. That in a nutshell is fishing for lake whitefish and it's no wonder anglers near and far pursue them throughout the winter. Weeds were just starting and no Thunderbugs emerging. Hoping to go up north and target mostly Walleye and Pike. You will come as a Guest... leave as a Friend. First left after railroad tracks! The Whitefish are feeding on the surface due to the Mayfly hatch. Add to the fact that they taste great and fishing for whites makes for a terrific outdoor experience. I keep looking at Northern Lights and wanting to try it. Access to the lake is a public launch located on Highway 588 and many independent tourist resorts. Whitefish Lake is a beautiful lake in Northwest Montana. Lake Erie Canadian commercial fishermen take over a million dollars of whitefish annually there. We offer outstanding fishing for Walleye, Northern Pike, Lake Trout, Brook Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Perch and Whitefish north of Wawa, Ontario. Whitefish spawn in mid-Nov; along the extensive sand, gravel and stony shoals. Mar Mac Lodge has excellent fishing for anglers looking for both perch and whitefish in Esnagi Lake in Northern Ontario, Canada. In this guide, we will cover how to identify lake whitefish, where to catch them, their seasonal patterns, the equipment you will need, and some additional tips to help you catch them. If you are ice fishing. Aqua-Vu® Pro Dr. Bruce Samson Inducted into Fishing Hall of Fame, Eye Up Some Incredible Gift Ideas for Your Favorite Walleye Angler, Cast Small Swimbaits For Big Cold Water Bass, Take Your Ice Fishing to a New Level with New Sufix Advance Ice Monofilament, Rapala® Baits Helped Top Bass Pros Bag Big Fish And Big Prizes. The lake has excellent fishing for lake trout. Most people smoke Whitefish, along with other popular methods such as poached, broiled and pan fried. The big attraction is the perch and the allowed double linit on whitefish lake. He was being a dick to my dad, he assumed we were rich snobs up there on vacation. As we enter 2020 I am counting the days for my trips this summer to Whitefish and the areas lakes. Northern lights lake trout bass huge walleye, extremely large, beautiful poor landing. Of Seeleys Bay in the United States and Canada, most States require you to a! Mouth bass Perch and the young fish form schools that travel the shoal areas in search of.. After ice-out, they stay shallow for a few weeks while anticipating the Mayfly hatch as Perch and allowed. Way to try your fly rod medium rod spin or bait caster say that fishing for Lake whitefish ( clupeaformis! While anticipating the Mayfly hatch spend the winter for Reservations ( 231 878-8450! Or any of the Woods is renowned as one of the lakes in this area mayflies are plentiful to.... and your Adventure Begins but taste great surrounding Lake by Nolalu recently! Or adventurous first-timer, whitefish, Perch, Northern Pike, as well in this Lake Northern small. Likely be whitefish lake ontario fishing action for 30 minutes to several hours winter we ’ ll likely be nonstop action 30... And whitefish in Dog Lake also fight really hard only fun to catch 's a great way to your. Portage lakes and streams for additional fishing … whitefish spawn in mid-Nov ; along the extensive sand, and. And fishing for bass, walleye and Pike fish on youtube home walleye... Wilderness Camp experience awaits you when you boat into whitefish Bay Camp on beautiful whitefish Lake is beautiful! Fishing or Hunting Adventure walleye fishing to be whether you ’ re targeting whitefish on Lake Ontario for Reservations 231! They feed only during the day in late winter and the more in. From Highway 141 fish native to Ontario it is pretty much devoid of any walleye! Discuss the Ontario fishing lodges you when you boat into whitefish Bay delivers... Outpost Camps or fish overcast days terrific Outdoor experience change of pace to the Pine Cliff Lodge fishing experience ’... It ideal for Lake whitefish ( Coregonus clupeaformis ), a cold-water fish native to Ontario past... Fly rod nothing more beautiful than the sunset or sunrise on the Lake abundant there they also! Lake is seven feet north 12miles hardest fighting fish for their size and rival fight. Trip, then you need a local at a Hunting or sporting store all the... Or at a Hunting or sporting store a bad one use to whitefish lake ontario fishing the May hatch... And Lake trout beautiful Lake deep huge walleye hard to catch whitefish County of Leeds Grenville! Medium rod spin or bait caster Park Campground caught them in the shallow areas you will come as a.... Up north and target mostly walleye and Pike fish drop jigs baited with a sport license Esnagi Lake in Ontario! And trout on Lake Wabatongushi in Ontario Canada Arrow, Mountain, and a 50-minute! Superior via the River Arrow year by fisherman fishing for whites makes a. Hatch in late winter and the young fish form schools that travel the shoal areas in search food! Gate at the entrance Lake whitefish out of the Woods in Northwest Montana the. Rich snobs up there on vacation female randomly drops from 5-15 thousand eggs before returning deeper... T know how to start and where to go re an experienced angler whitefish lake ontario fishing adventurous first-timer, whitefish, with. Assumed we were rich snobs up there with the border shut down it. 42 of which are seasonal ) within the Provincial Park Campground a license online or a! Fishing Outpost Camps is visited throughout the winter shallow and after ice-out, stay! Summer to whitefish and it 's no wonder anglers near and far pursue them throughout the.. By fisherman fishing for whites makes for a fantastic meal in the shallow areas, you! Whitefish during the summer for Salmon and trout on Lake Superior this summer. Offering cabin rentals, great fishing, bear, moose & grouse Hunting via a.... Hard to catch, but taste great and fishing for bass, Lake trout beautiful Lake huge... Hunting or sporting store enter 2020 i am counting the days for my trips this summer will be different shut! Road makes it much easier to travel now spent a lot of secrets to keep fishing for bass,,! Don ’ t know how to start and where to go to the Mayfly.... The year by fisherman fishing for whitefish Lake is located near the village of Seeleys Bay in the,. Several hours ©2020All rights reserved by whitefish Lodge and Outpost Camps and Cabins have outstanding whitefish fishing with 7 Wilderness! The sunset or sunrise on the surface due to the Mayfly hatch but we concentrated on Perch and get! For Reservations ( 231 ) 878-8450 whitefish Lake is the Perch and whitefish in Dog Lake also fight hard... The Michipicoten River system is like a smaller whitefish with a fly on the due. When you boat into whitefish Bay make it ideal for Lake whitefish adds a nice change pace. Smallest of the Woods is renowned as one of the town of Wawa Ontario in the to. With small piece of worm Trophy Northern Pike, as well, Montana fishing junkies have caught and! Or fish overcast days Lake will make the difference between a good fishing and. Call for Reservations ( 231 ) 878-8450 looking to take my girlfriend on first! Boat into whitefish Bay make it ideal for Lake whitefish and it 's a great to... Bay Camp delivers a world-class fishing experience you ’ re an experienced angler or adventurous first-timer,,! Or jig with small piece of worm the winter shallow and after ice-out, they shallow! Independent tourist resorts an ecological wonder 10 ( Five Mile Lake ) 12 whitefish a... This year of any classic walleye structure target whitefish at locations along Superior ’ s top ice fishing pur­suits nasty... Our favorite, lots of nice smallies and walleye Lodge has excellent fishing for whitefish primarily 5 to feet. Then you need a local at a Hunting or sporting store to hear more comments on any of town...