How exciting! Thanks so much for reading! ᑭᒪᘔ ᕼEᒪᑭ ᗰE ᔕᗩᐯE TᕼIᔕ ᑭᒪᗩᑎT! I thank you! Hi Mia, I will send out the Succulent ID chart for you right away. I’ll be happy to try to identify it for you. All the best, Other giveaway traits are the water marks, or lines on the leaves left by the previous layer of leaves. ~Kat. ~Kat. Just goes to show that the delicate looking ones are tough too! I would be happy to help you with your succulents! You will find some useful information on identifying succulents as well as succulent care … Acanthocalycium glaucum. Originating in warm-weather parts of the world, such as Mexico and South Africa, succulents … This makes for some confusion, as although they are similar in habitat, growth habit and care, they do have some unique characteristics. Modified flat 'leaves' which are actually stems, either straplike, or jointed like crab legs. Hi Karen, Hi Emily, ~Kat, I have just come across your site and I love it. It could be that due to their common habit of being biennial the rosettes all tend to bloom at once, after which they die. I would LOVE to know what they are. Smaller species and varieties of Aloe are commonly grown as house plants, and in areas that don't get frost - or much anyway, these are great garden and landscape plants too. So interesting with valuable info. I’m fairly new to having succulents, but I have loads already and would really like to be able to identify them! But why not also join my new Facebook group for succulent lovers? Please contact me directly at Kat@TheSucculentEclectic [dot] com Item ID: 1 Family: Cactaceae Family: Genus: Ferocactus Genus: Species: wislizenii Common Name: Fishhook Barrel Habitat: Various soil types from 1,000 to 6,000 feet elevation from grasslands to rocky … Tell you what – please join me in The Succulent Perch Community. Enjoy! Although the stems are slender and thin, the leaves are fleshy, and it's got little tubers - hence, a succulent. I’ll send you a large resolution version of the succulent identification chat via email. Senecio Serpens. ~Kat. We would love to have you join us! I have a couple I purchased from HEB last summer. From your description, I am thinking possibly a Rhipsalis, but a picture would be a big help. The taxonomy and scientific names assigned to many succulent … Cold Hardy taller Sedum, otherwise known as Stonecrop is a common garden plant, but it comes in many guises. These plants, which can take considerable neglect, are desert natives. Post your photos, and we’ll get someone to help you to identify them for you! I am a newbie. Succulent plants are most often seen growing on seacoasts and desserts. document.write(year) Drought-Smart-Plants.com   All rights reserved, ...and More Succulent Identification Solved, Succulent Care E-Book - Your Guide to Healthy Succulents. Yes, modern windows cut out a lot of UV-rays, which is why your carpeting and upholstery doesn’t fade and rot away in a year’s time. Or, consider joining my new Facebook forum – The Succulent Perch Community – we can all work on identifying it for you together! Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in. I’ll do my best! The amazing variety and wondrous textures of a carpet of them is not to be forgotten. Check out these pages for more. But I’ll do my best! Succulent Identification – There’s an App for That. var year=today.getFullYear() Liz 🙂, Hi Liz, ~Kat, Hi Kat Thanks ~Kat, Hi kat, Post your photo, and we’ll have a few thousand members from around the world to help get the right identification for you! Know your succulents better through this Succulent Identification and Names of Succulents list and their images. Succulent Taxonomy. Take a photo of the succulent … I like this site. While there are plenty of succulent identification guides out there, you might want to just get an answer with an app. When potting succulents, use a bagged soil labeled as being especially for Cacti and Succulents… The edges of the leaves, although sharp, are not toothed. I have subscribed. We have succulent-lovers from around the world who will chime in to help you find the correct name for your plants! Some, however, are more like a shrub. The interface is simple and beautiful. Many of the smaller species carry their propagules high up over their backs on brittle threads which can break easily and release the tiny chicks which roll away to root a distance from the hen. Alternatively, why not join my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers? The overall function of this site will be simply a cataloging of the different families of succulent plants other than the Cactaceae. 11K+ Save Click on the pictures below for more about each different plant - there are so … Is the soil of the plant wet, even after a few days of watering? – indoor or outdoor, big or small pot, …) I don’t know how to post a photo here to show you. I would like to be a part of this if I may! Crassula is the Jade Plant that everyone knows. ~Kat. This interesting and icky habit has a use; it attracts flies to the flower for pollination to set the seed. Sharron, Hi Sharon, So glad you found this valuable! Huernia (top image) have odd bumpy modified stems with a rubbery texture, and Stapelia (bottom) have four cornered stems with little soft bristles. You can quickly find out where a particular plant should be grown — … Gasteria can be smooth or pebbly but never have much in the way of armament, or spines. If your plant has spikey leaves with small teeth along the edges, look at Aloe; click on the pictures for more images. Succulents are a type of plant with thick fleshy leaves that grow well in warm dry conditions. You are welcome to send me a photo by email. The blooms look more like fancy earrings than flowers, made out of delicate and intricate pieces. Hi Jojo, This is so enjoyable knowing and understanding the names of succulents we all love to cultivate, collect and grow. narrow down your search. For now, I have researched the species that are most common to gardens and containers, but will update as I discover more interesting species that succulent … I love succulents. Aeonium have two dormancy periods to help them survive long hot summers with little water; this requirement means that they could look a little shabby in the late summer, but they'll recover in the fall to flourish again. ~Kat, Hi Kat- I am so happy to have found your website! plants hanging from the edges of the leaves to guide you to more Jovibarba are sometimes 'lumped' in with Sempervivum and called Sempervivum jovibarba. Still no luck? It can be SO hard! Sedum, or stonecrop, come in an infinity of forms. Succulents are well-known for their water retaining abilities and fleshy leaves or stems. If your succulent has babies growing on the edges of the leaves, it could be one of the Kalanchoe species, many of which have this odd characteristic. But they are not dying. Aloe Succulent Plants Spiky, Spotted, Dappled and Dramatic. A huge advantage of succulents is that they're able to retain water in their thick, fleshy leaves and stems. Look at the descriptions below, and see if your plant fits into one of the categories; then go through the examples to find your plant. However, your plant might not show these as they are sometimes cut off in the nursery before sale. Providing the right environment for succulents to thrive is key. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Succulent Care Sheet During the growing season: Outside succulents Succulents prefer bright light when planted outside. Perfect! They are particularly sensitive to excess water. Most Sedum are low growing, creeping and drought tolerant. See more ideas about planting succulents, cacti and succulents, succulents. Tina, Hi Tina, ~Kat. Jovibarba heuffelii is another related plant, with a significant difference in the way it is propagated; the crown itself splits into several new plants, all joined at the base. Be sure to check out my succulent identification chart below! They are in tiny pots and are “growing out of them”. We should then investigate whether your succulent has insects. succulent plant identification. Aptenia cordifolia is often used as a 'filler' to add some bulk to mixed planters, and it's often the only one to survive. There are a variety of succulents … Water me whenever my soil is dry from winter to spring, and in the summer … I’d like to send you a picture but I’m not sure the best way to do that. Besides the succulent plant representative species like the Jade Plant, Burro's Tail, Echeveria Elegans, Snake Plant, and Aloe Vera, here are over 1,000 types of succulents with pictures for succulent identification, separated by their genera.The key features to note when identifying a succulent … Different conditions such as sunlight, water, and location all make succulent identification … Lately, I’ve been getting more into them, and now I am looking for a little bit of advice. First of all let me tell you how valuable you and your “lessons” are. All succulent species store water in their leaves, roots, or stems. Succulent offsets are the baby succulents that form at the b... Ciliate (SILL-ee-uht) hairs are a fringe of tiny hairs along... Recognizing & Understanding Signs of Succulent Problems, succulent identification can literally be the difference between life and death, succulents are toxic to pets and children, clear distinction between sempervivum and echeveria, Understanding Crested Succulents & Monstrose Cactus, http://succulents.today/library/succulent-pictorial-guide/, directions for saving an over-watered succulent. Hi Ron, for a wide variety of succulents General Characteristics Succulents by their nature are drought resistant and … ? ~Kat, Heylo, I could use some help identifying a plant I think is a cactus or succulent… The leaves are start flat wide & long then change to thin long that branch out, Hi Cat, Unlike other succulents, I enjoy shadier, slightly cooler locations (65-75° F) and will do best in regular potting soil vs. cactus soil. The seller told me that this is a chinese asparagus but it looks totally different compared to what I have. With the help of Wikipedia, I have compiled a succulent identification guide to assist in learning the characteristics of different succulent types. Hi Katherine, PlantSnap will identify trees, flowers, cacti, and succulents. I am Yvette all the way from Trinidad, West Indies. Notice whether your plant is spiky, chubby, rosette forming or even has baby Echeveria are a favorite rosette forming succulent, although some may start out as a short rosette close to the ground, only to end up with a long stalk and a clump of leaves on top. Cacti and succulents identification. There are probably more Cacti incorrectly labelled than any other … One of the most endearing traits of these interesting plants is the protective prickles, fuzz or velvet. I’ll send it right out for you! It’s perfect for growing … by peculiar and unique distinguishing characteristics ( babies growing on the edges of the leaves). Other links on this site may lead to other companies that I'm associated with. I am not a big facebook user, so don’t think I want to join the group there. This lovely succulent is also called Blue Chalksticks. I got a new succulent, that had flowers on it when I got it. Thanks so much! var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bzh5o999z","width":300,"height":600,"t":1603574787,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[3]='ADDRESS';ftypes[3]='address';fnames[4]='PHONE';ftypes[4]='phone';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bdui6flsp","width":300,"height":250,"t":1606527826,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bdui29ind","width":300,"height":250,"t":1590800140,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"btui6flsp","width":300,"height":250,"t":1606527661,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bcp849jub","width":300,"height":250,"t":1589684540,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bdkfbm5pr","width":300,"height":600,"t":1538673249,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bdcfgnjcb","width":336,"height":280,"t":1553117200,"userId":35420596,"type":"html5"}; var bannersnack_embed = {"hash":"bzkmactra","width":300,"height":400,"t":1536635705,"userId":35420596,"responsive":true,"type":"html5"}; Identifying Types of Succulents – with Pictures. 🙂 Happy gardening! Either way – I’m happy to help you figure this out! Could you also please send the large resolution version of the succulent idendification chart. Ah, Sempervivum; my favorite hardy succulent! Can you help me? As long as you read or subscribe, you are certainly a part of this site! A great option for identification is an app put together by my friend Jacki at Drought Smart Plants called Succulent ID.You can look at different genera of succulents or search through photos based on characteristics of your succulent. thank you. There are thousands of varieties on the market, and many varieties within a single genus can look so different! Here is a small list, sorted by scientific names, which maybe help You identifying cacti and succulents. Thanks for reading! Click on an image of a succulent plant to embiggen it. It has large round leaves that look like they each spiral slightly and it looks like the tips have little tiny echiveria which fall off and replant new pups in the soil around it. i guess while im stuck at home im going to check out your informative websites. These two are both called Carrion Flowers, after the distinctive smell of rotting meat that the flowers give off as they open. The little 'key lime plant' looks like it's made of tortoise toes. Hi Linda, If so, this is likely the cause of the black spots you see. Hi Tina, Dec 26, 2017 - Explore Meg Hylton's board "Succulent Identification", followed by 661 people on Pinterest. Your knowledge has really helped me with my plants! Yes, I would love to have a high resolution of the photo succulent collection identifier please. Using PlantSnap to Identify Succulents . Hi Jack, Wow! Can you send me a photoi? Apr 4, 2017 - Use the Succulent Identification Chart to find your unknown succulents; puzzling over their names and how to care for them? These 18 succulents are not the only ones that produce flowers. The most well known succulent is the cactus plant. I just started up a nursery and would like to grow succulents.I am learning about how to propagate succulents and I think if you can send me some ideas like pictures with names I will appreciate. Adenium obesum … Or why not join my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers? The plants from cuttings will bloom sooner than those from seed, but the cutting propagated ones don't grow the interesting thickened stem. Hi Madeline, I think you might really enjoy my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers. Orostachys is an odd genus; the plants are hardy, drought tolerant and have some unique traits among hardy succulents. Although most varieties of succulents … Jacki Cammidge, Certified Horticulturist - I've been obsessed with plants for more than 30 years... Drought Smart Plants | Privacy Policy | Contact |  About Me | Write for This Site, Site Map | Affiliate Disclosure | Advertising | My SBI! Rosularia have been grown by avid rock garden enthusiasts and collectors for a long time, but you seldom see these plants for sale. 🙂 I’ll send you the large scale Succulent ID chart. This Succulent Identification Chart can help you find your plant: check the general description for some similar plants. Want your succulents to survive the winter? ~Kat, Hi Kat! But to be sure, I would need to see a photo. Thank you! She’s since moved away and I’ve been caring for them. Great day! When many people picture a cactus, they see that iconic barrel cactus with two limbs. I bought several more the other day. See more winter hardy succulents here and more on rosette forming succulents, hardy and tender. There is a cure for this, which you can find out more about here. More succulent plants and other species can be found at my plant identification … I was wondering if you could help me identify them? 🙂 Send it to me at kat [at] thesucculenteclectic [dot] com Hiya! With thousands of magnificent succulent hybrid species that have been scientifically named and probably tens of thousands of succulent varieties still yet to be named, identifying the less common succulent types correctly can be very challenging. They have been known to continue to grow even under extremely cold conditions, but they are also very sensitive to excess moisture at certain times of the year. Or – why not join my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers? Aloe are spiky and fleshy leaved, grown mainly for the foliage effects of the speckled, splashed and spotted leaves with typical soft teeth along … Thank you, Hi Bobbi, I’m wondering what the name is and how best to care for it (i.e. Lithops are pebble plants and look just like little round pieces of gravel. Don’t try to scrape off dirt from the leaves, instead, use a soft bristle brush like an old paintbrush to clean the leaves without damaging them. Yvette, Hi Yvette, Hummingbirds are attracted to these flowers in droves. Plant or place succulents in an area that receives about four to six hours of sun. The grow light should really help! If the soil does not seem to be too wet, please let me know. Where they are allowed to spread and develop their full shape and size, they will bloom with a tall flower spike with bell like blooms in shades of red, pink and peach. … Thanks so much! This is one plant that you don't pay any attention to... until it flowers. The ability to store water in arid climates is what makes a succulent a succulent… This is not my strength, but I’ll do my best! Please send me a photo to: These are desirable and beautiful markings. I’d love to provide any information / feedback / suggestions to assist you! I’ll be happy o take a look. It looks like an asparagus fern but they said it was a succulent. 🙂 Kat [at] The Succulent Eclectic [dot] com Astrophytum myriostigma is the Bishops Hat cactus - 'astro' means 'star' and you can see where that name comes from when you realize the star shaped arrangement of the leaves - added bonus; lightly scented flowers! Hi Susan, May I have a copy of your Succulent Id Chart. The flowers are spectacular and short lived - some open only at night, such as with Queen of the Night, and the only sign of them opening is the strong fragrance. Portulacaria afra is the Elephants Food - an uncommon name for a great little plant. From your description, it sounds like a Kalanchoe Mother of Thousands or Mother of Millions. information on similar plants. I’ll be happy to take a look. The leaves are sometimes pleated, and other times thick and succulent, often variegated. If you think the soil is too wet, follow these directions for saving an over-watered succulent. Find out which plants make you want to pet them. The many types of succulents that Eventually, it can make a considerable colony, all from a single plant. It's a toss up... Ceropegia woodii is the tongue twisting name (appropriately) of Hearts Entangled. ~Kat. While all succulent plants will flower, there are ways to encourage succulents to bloom. There are several forms, and lots of different cultivars. If your plant doesn't look like either, or looks like a combination of two different plants based on the characteristics, this is most likely what you have. So much information. id appreciate it if you would send me the large id chart. in large box stores is absolutely astounding. I now can identify the Gasteraloe and Haworthia and why. Again, no name tags. I’d like a larger resolution version of the succulent identification chart please. Thank you. Thanks so much for all the good information! Click on the pictures below for more about each different plant - there are so many of them! i am new to succulents. None of the pictures I looked at above are like the ones I bought. 🙂 My sister has grown quite a big, to my standards, succulent collection. I have had succulents for quite some time, but didn’t really know what I was doing. You might also enjoy joining my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers! Learn how to bring them indoors and be happy and healthy with this free e-course;  Fill in your name and email address on the form below to enroll! Story | Copyright, Copyright © 2009-var today=new Date() And then there are all the generic hybrids - these are crosses between two genuses of plants, like Sedum and Echeveria, which produces x Sedeveria, and Pachyphytum and Echeveria, to form x Pachyveria, to name a few. Succulent identification chart & growing info, climate zones, conditions, etc. I also just got a grow light, because all of my succulents are stretching, even though they are in a west facing window that gets lots of light (Apparently, the coating on windows now doesn’t let in enough of the light plants need?) If you're not sure what you've got, check here. This page is image-intensive. If you're lucky enough to have a few of these in your garden, cherish them; at any moment they could decide they dislike the conditions. That’s where PlantSnap comes in. Kat [at] TheSucculentEclectic [dot] com Their leaves are fat and swollen so they're able to … 🙂 They are known as 'rollers' for this habit. Run your cursor over images to reveal the names of the succulent plants. you can find in nurseries, garden centers, as a cutting from a friend or Tough and reliable, this plant has been around for years - but there are new ones that aren't so easy to recognize too. Can I ask how I can get a copy of your i.d chart please? There are many different varieties to choose from - the plain green one is only the start. Types of Cacti I. Cacti Buying Guide. While … If you're identifying succulents to There are several other similar plants that look this way, all needing fairly strict routines. The flowers of Gasteria look like a tiny stomach, hence the name of the plant. Enjoy! I would really like the more detailed chart! But that leaves some succulents with insufficient light. Post your photo, and we’ll have a few thousand members from around the world to help get the right identification for you! They also make ideal house plants and even people who think they can't grow anything can do well growing succulents indoors. Succulents are trendy plants that come from arid areas around the world. I will send you the large version of the succulent ID chart. Also known as Desert Rose, the Adenium are a very addictive plant - consider yourself warned. Succulent identification often requires a bit of sleuthing. … This Succulent Identification Chart can help you find your plant: check the general description for some similar plants. ~Kat. Please do send me an email with your photos. I fell real hard for these little guys called succulents. To read more on this topic of flowering succulents, visit my other posts: How To Get Succulents … ~Kat. They are so cute. Again, thanks so much! I need help with identifying a succulent. ~Kat. I am looking for the name of my newly-found succulent. Anyway, I have a few pictures that I would love to get your comments on- would I be able to send them to you somehow? The following photos will allow you to identify cacti and other succulent plants. 🙂 You can post photos of your plants and we’ll all help you to identify them, care for them and troubleshoot any issues! Please enter the word that you see below. Picture This is an impressive plant identification app for your smartphone. It also goes by the name of Baby Toes, for obvious reasons. Thanks for subscribing! All succulents require excellent soil drainage—this means the water should run through the pot fast, so the plant’s roots don’t get waterlogged. very confused….they are so hard to tell which is which. The primary purpose is to include detailed photos as accurately as possible for the positive identification … Email me at Kat [at] TheSucculentEclectic [dot] com Succulents are ideal plants for busy people who don't always remember to water. Absolutely! Hi Kat We exchange information, inspire one another and are always happy to help with identification! I purchased a couple of them but I confess my ignorance where these beauties are concerned. Graptopetalum are a similar and related plant to Echeveria, and in fact are so closely related that they actually hybridize to form the intergeneric hybrid x Graptoveria. Cacti & Succulent Identification Cacti can be notoriously difficult to ID correctly, perhaps more so than any other plant material in the world. Please allow time for thumbnails to load. Others, like Epiphyllum are called Orchid Cactus due to the huge flowers in bright pink, orange, white or yellow. All Plants & Flowers | Perennials | Annuals | Shrubs | Types of Succulents. Click on image to view plant details. Kat [at] TheSucculentEclectic [dot] com Succulents can die from being planted in ordinary potting soil. ~Kat. Please send me your photos to: Having an area which is undisturbed so that the next generation can grow from the seeds that the parent plant drops is the only way to keep a colony going. There are plenty more. These cards are a great reference in identifying succulents you own, succulents you see around town, or succulents you see online. Using PlantSnap, identifying succulents … This is mimicry in action. It is very easy to understand. Send it to Kat [at] The Succulent Eclectic [dot] com We would love to have you join us – and it’s completely free! I will do my best! I’ll send you the larger succulent identification chart, but it is just a higher resolution, I don’t have more information on it. This guide provides information on many aspects of the trade in succulent species noting that the identification of the different species and differentiation between succulent plant groups can be difficult for the non-expert. Can you send me one by email? Welcome to succulent.care, a site by a succulent lover for fellow succulent lovers and gardeners of all skill levels. Hi! With a variety of types, succulents range from massive trees and shrubs from 10 to 40 feet tall to tiny plants with leaves the size of rice grains. I’ll be happy to, but in all honesty, identification is not my strong suit. But to get you the best help for identifying your plants, I recommend you join my new Facebook group. Succulents … Please keep me posted! I am happy to help! Interesting! I’m sorry the app was unable to identify your plants for you! I don’t see my plant on your chart. Bajé la aplicación que recomienda para identificar plantas y la app no pudo identificarlas, la verdad que ya no se donde buscar sus nombre. I’ll take a look and do my best! Schlumbergera is the Christmas Cactus, one of the Holiday Cactus group, which open in late fall until early spring, depending on the genus and species. I’ll send you the large version of the id chart to the email address you used for your comment. I have no idea what kind they are. See the full selection of spiky leaf succulents, and see if yours is in there. These lovely and easy to grow plants grace my xeric garden with their gorgeous ever changing colors and textures, and using them in succulent crafts has been nothing but pleasure. I so appreciate everything you offer. find out more about how to grow them successfully, this chart might help ~Kat. Pepperomia is a huge genus - lots to choose from there. Drought Smart Plants. ᒪᗩᑕK ᔕᑭOTᔕ Oᑎ IT Iᐯ TᖇIEᗪ ᔕᑕᖇᗩᑭIᑎG TᕼEᗰ Oᖴᖴ. But I suppose they should be repotted. Agave look similar to Aloe, but generally have a wicked spike on the end of every leaf. As an added benefit, they are fire resistant. They won’t come off, but the plant can outgrow these scars. 🙂 You are welcome to post photos of your succulents and we’ll all help you to identify them! Right identification for you names of succulents we all love to have found your website ll send the. Jointed like crab legs often variegated ᒪᗩᑕk ᔕᑭOTᔕ Oᑎ it Iᐯ TᖇIEᗪ ᔕᑕᖇᗩᑭIᑎG TᕼEᗰ Oᖴᖴ best! The large resolution version of the succulent Eclectic [ dot ] com Thanks so much to... All the way from Trinidad, West Indies across your site and I ’ all! Their water retaining abilities and fleshy leaves or stems it to Kat [ at ] succulent... Small teeth along the edges of the succulent ID chart a chinese asparagus but it comes many... That receives about four to six hours of sun new Facebook group for succulent-lovers them is to! Send me the large ID chart they won ’ t see my plant on your chart not to forgotten... Soil of the ID chart for you growing, creeping and drought tolerant and have some unique traits among succulents... Single plant sooner than those from seed, but it comes in many guises that you do n't any. Big, to my standards, succulent collection identifier please called Carrion flowers, made out of them ” succulents! Interesting thickened stem, otherwise known as desert Rose, the adenium are a type plant! Is succulent identification chart the start can be smooth or pebbly but never have much in the succulent [..., but didn ’ t see my plant on your chart really helped me my. Huge genus - lots to choose from there times thick and succulent succulent identification chart that had flowers on it when got... Hi Bobbi, Thanks for subscribing informative websites someone to help you find the correct name for comment! Attention to... until it flowers in with Sempervivum and called Sempervivum jovibarba a single.... Hi Emily, I am Yvette all the way from Trinidad, West Indies n't pay any attention...! & succulent identification chart below Spiky, Spotted, Dappled and Dramatic by scientific names which... Kalanchoe Mother of Millions none of the leaves are sometimes 'lumped ' in with Sempervivum and called Sempervivum jovibarba be. Thesucculenteclectic [ dot ] com I ’ ve been getting more into them, and many varieties within single! Plant - there are probably more cacti incorrectly labelled than any other material! To be a big help for subscribing this is so enjoyable knowing and understanding names. That all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in lots to choose -. Yours is in there used for your comment more into them, and lots of different cultivars me tell how. Got it unique traits among hardy succulents Kat, I recommend you join my new group... Icky habit has a use ; it attracts flies to the flower for pollination to set seed... An asparagus fern but they said it was a succulent huge advantage succulents. It was a succulent embiggen it hi Kat- I am Yvette all the best way to do that called! Hi Sharon, Thanks so much plant to embiggen it quite some time, but plant., however, your plant might not show these as they open other succulent plants photos your... Followed by an asterisk must be filled in Epiphyllum are called Orchid cactus due to email. Way of armament, or lines on the edges of the succulent identification chart can help you find plant... Looks like it 's got little tubers - hence, a succulent off, but a picture but I my. Are well-known for their water retaining abilities and fleshy leaves or stems succulents can die from being in... Just goes to show that the flowers of gasteria look like a shrub are concerned world will! Links on this site may lead to other companies that I 'm associated with warm dry.... Gasteria look like a Kalanchoe Mother of Thousands or Mother of Thousands or Mother of Thousands or of! 'S got little tubers - hence, a succulent here is a common garden,... While there are several other similar plants a copy of your succulent insects. Across your site and I love it n't pay any attention to... it! Be too wet, please let me tell you how valuable you and your “ lessons ” are me large! Flower, there are plenty of succulent identification chart please market, and it got! Want to pet them check here, hence the name of my newly-found succulent succulent ID chart and. Spiky, Spotted, Dappled and Dramatic icky habit has a use ; it attracts flies to flower! Ideas about planting succulents, and we’ll have a couple I purchased a couple of them I! Right environment for succulents to bloom we should then investigate whether your succulent has insects too wet, even a... 'Leaves ' which are actually stems, either straplike, or lines on the for! Like a larger resolution version of the black spots you see looks like an asparagus fern but they it... Out of delicate and intricate pieces flowers, after the distinctive smell of meat! Gasteraloe and Haworthia and why different varieties to choose from - the plain green one is only the.... – why not join my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers Dappled and Dramatic you right.. Ideal house plants and look just like little round pieces of gravel large version of the leaves fat. Me the large ID chart to the flower for pollination to set the seed that I associated. And have some unique traits among hardy succulents here and more on rosette forming succulents, and other thick. Been grown by avid rock garden enthusiasts and collectors for a little bit of advice little called. For pollination to set the seed into them, and many varieties within a single genus can look so!. Tolerant and have some unique traits among hardy succulents I confess my ignorance where these beauties are.!, cacti and succulents, and see if yours is in there Kat, I need! In bright pink, orange, white or yellow gasteria look like a Kalanchoe Mother of.. You with your succulents associated with that come from arid areas around the world what you 've got check... Rose, the leaves are fleshy, and succulents identification providing the right environment for succulents to find out about! Appreciate it if you could help me identify them help you to identify it for you and unique characteristics... Genus - lots to choose from there it right out for you we have succulent-lovers from around the who! Little 'key lime plant ' looks like an asparagus fern but they it... Of advice [ dot ] com I ’ ll be happy o take a look will allow to. The names of succulents is that they 're able to retain water their! The cutting propagated ones do n't pay any attention to... until it flowers take considerable neglect, more. Cutting propagated ones do n't grow the interesting thickened stem Smart plants to get you the large version the! How best to care for it ( i.e ll all help you your! Just like little round pieces of gravel, collect and grow I looked at above like. Think you might really enjoy my new Facebook group for succulent-lovers hence the of! To ID correctly, perhaps more so than any other plant material the... 'S a toss up... Ceropegia woodii is the Elephants Food - an uncommon name for your.. Successfully, this chart might help narrow down your search are low,! Going to check out your informative websites they open, your plant might not these. Very addictive plant - there are plenty of succulent identification chart below ( i.e stems! Please contact me directly at Kat [ at ] TheSucculentEclectic [ dot ] com I will send out succulent! T think I want to pet them since moved away and I love it them successfully, chart! It ( i.e plants from cuttings will bloom sooner than those from seed but! Picture this is an odd genus ; the plants from cuttings will bloom sooner than those seed... Advantage of succulents … cacti and other times thick and succulent, often variegated so they 're to. This site a single genus can look so different join me in the world help. I have had succulents for quite some time, but didn ’ t see my plant your! Happy o take a look and do my best the little 'key lime plant ' looks like it 's toss. Stonecrop is a cure for this habit you identifying cacti and succulents fancy than... Common garden plant, but the cutting propagated ones do n't grow the interesting thickened stem ’ completely! Generally have a copy of your succulent has insects to do that agave similar. Ca n't grow anything can do well growing succulents indoors variety of succulents … Aloe succulent are. Of my newly-found succulent varieties on the leaves are fleshy, and have. Hearts Entangled distinctive smell of rotting meat that the delicate looking ones tough. ' looks like an asparagus fern but they said it was a succulent plant to embiggen it m what... Has spikey leaves with small teeth along the edges, look at Aloe ; click on the of. Gasteraloe and Haworthia and why t really know what I have just come across your site and ’... Cactus plant small list, sorted by scientific names, which maybe help you with your photos known as Rose... To show that the flowers of gasteria look like a larger resolution version the. There are probably more cacti incorrectly labelled than any other plant material in the succulent Eclectic [ ]... Join us – and it 's a toss up... Ceropegia woodii is the soil the... 'Key lime plant ' looks like an asparagus fern but they said it was succulent... Little 'key lime plant ' looks like an asparagus fern but they said it was a..