No Reserve. This $470 stainless steel handgun features a fluted 6-shot cylinder, adjustable sights and a rubber grip. Its ejector rod isn’t shrouded. It is a stainless steel version of the Model 19 and was initially available with a 4" and 6" barrel. The Model 66 was one of those. The Model 65, is similar but chambered in .357 Magnum, being a stainless steel version of the carbon steel Model 13.The Model 65 cylinder is longer to accommodate the longer .357 Magnum cartridge. If the Model 63 is still in production is it decently accurate with only a 3" barrel? For this week’s Wheelgun Wednesday, I once again dove into my collection of double-action revolvers to … Our database includes more than 91 models you can choose from right here. Choose yours and find more information and accessories for your Smith Wesson. However, the Queen of the K-frames is, and will always be the Model … The Smith & Wesson Model 34 Kit Gun is a small, 6-shot, .22 Long Rifle, double-action revolver made by Smith & Wesson.It came with a 4-inch barrel and has adjustable-sights. The Model 63 is compact enough for comfortable carry and perfectly balanced for easy shot placement. It's a Model 63. Smith & Wesson Model 64-5 Tried and True. 2 is 88699, official production is listed at just 77,155 before Smith & Wesson stopped making the gun in 1871 and sold off its inventory of the weapon by 1874. Calibers includes .22 LR, .38 Special, .357 Magnum. In 1913, Smith & Wesson released the .35 Automatic Pistol featuring two safety devices and retailed for $16.50. January 30, 2018 by americanrifleman.org. 2 Army, which seemed a peashooter in comparison. Known simply as the Model One, it was the first of many Smith & Wesson revolvers that would cement the company’s position in firearms history for well over a century. Although the highest known serial number of a Model No. 1982 Smith & Wesson Model 639 Stainless 9MM Parabellum*VERY SCARCE Click here to view our other Live Auctions! The Model 10 is a .38-caliber six-shot pistol that first went into production in 1899, known as the .38 Hand Ejector model. The Smith & Wesson K-38 Combat Masterpiece Revolver Model 15 is a derivative of the classic 1899 K-frame (medium frame) Military and Police .38 S&W Special (aka .38 Special) six-shot double action revolver. 5 of 10 Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum Revolver Registered Magnum revolvers normally had their registration numbers stamped on the frame, in the crane’s recess. Also known as the .22 Kit Gun, the Smith & Wesson Model 63 has been popular for many years with campers, hikers and those wanting a small .22 LR double action revolver for plinking. No Reserve. The M&P underwent steady evolution throughout the 20th century and S&W spun off several variations as separate models in the post World War II years. History [edit | edit source]. Smith & Wesson became a subsidiary of Bangor-Punta from 1965–1983. Alhough undated, I suspect the informaton was from around 1988 based on the Model variations covered. New Englanders Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson founded Smith & Wesson in 1852 with their first partnership based on the invention of the lever-action repeating pistol. Manufactured 1987. The Smith & Wesson model 617 revolver in .22 LR caliber, is based upon the previous model 17, that’s no longer produced, improved by using stainless steel instead of the standard blued carbon steel. When shopping for a handgun, the Smith and Wesson revolvers for sale online are the first on the list for a good reason. The lock I’m referring to, of course, is the Internal Locking System (ILS) on Smith & Wesson revolvers, which was added to virtually the entire line, starting in 2001. If my count is correct, Smith offers, at least 14 models based on the K-frame. Despite the rapidly growing popularity of these polymer-framed striker fired semi-auto pistols, there’s also a lot of buzz around the former metal-framed S&W pistols that were discontinued a few years ago. Smith & Wesson’s K-frame series is, without question, the most prolific series of revolvers ever produced. I take for granted since it is a S&W that it is reliable, smooth shooting gun. Smith & Wesson ~ Model 63 Stainless Kit Gun ~ .22 LR Description: The Smith & Wesson Model 63 Stainless Kit Gun is a classic. Shop eBay.com for the lowest Prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! “The lock” is one of the great controversies in the … Continue reading "The History and Future of the Smith & Wesson Internal Lock" Smith & Wesson Model 63. This Model 66-1, 4"inch .357 Magnum Serial #70K6214 was Made in 1980 & has these Features: Good tight a ...Click for more info Seller: W1M3RZC0LL3CTABLES Serial number is 48233, but below the serial number is a large sideways "S" with the number "21" stamped over it. The Smith & Wesson Model 10 has a storied history because of its run for over 53 years as a cataloged model, but also because there was a model that preempted it as well. Great deals on Smith & Wesson Gun Original Factory Boxes/Cases. Winchester. (See: The History of Smith & Wesson Firearms by Dean K. Boorman). Today, Smith & Wesson is mostly known for revolvers and their growing line of M&P pistols. The Model 63 comes with a time-proven S&W adjustable rear sight and a pinned Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight to provide precision shot placement on small targets. We make it a point to offer only the best products available, which includes the industry leader Smith & Wesson. There was no avoiding it. The Smith & Wesson Model 317 Kit Gun is a perfect choice for sportsmen spending the day in the field. The Smith & Wesson Model 10 is a classic that has been used for personal defense for decades. A Look at the History of Smith & Wesson Revolvers It was 1857, and business partners, Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson, were about to release a handgun that would revolutionize the gun industry. And well they should be. Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum Revolver FBI Agent Frank Baughman designed one of the most popular ramped front sights with lawmen, and it’s still known by his name. The Smith & Wesson Model 63 .22/32 Kit Gun, is built on a stainless-steel J-frame and chambered in 22 Long Rifle. Please don't ask me about buying or selling parts; I don't do that. Smith & Wesson introduced the first Model 66 in 1970. Labeled as a Combat Magnum, the revolver was chambered for the potent .357 Magnum. Built on the company’s K frame, the guns offered a … The Smith & Wesson Model 68 came aboard in 1977 and lasted until 1990, when the CHP left the revolver behind and went to a semiauto pistol. Built on Smith & Wesson's diminutive J Frame it is a small, compact and sturdy 6 shot revolver. A Brief History of the Model 66. Smith & Wesson 6 INCH MODEL 57 IN NICKEL IN WOOD BOX - .41 Magnum $1,300.00: 0 $1,300.00 I purchased this gun several years ago and I'm curious about when it was made. Is Smith and Wesson still making the Model 63 in .22 LR? A New Generation. In 1974 a version with a 2 1/2" barrel and round grips was offered. Introduced in 1972, the Model 66 is a K-framed six shot .357 Magnum revolver. Keep your firearms safe, secure & in prestine condition. With over 165 years of excellence in firearm design and engineering behind them, Smith & Wesson revolvers are the most reliable, versatile, and comfortable to shoot handguns of this platform in … Thanks for checking out this TacCat review! Though the brand is world-famous, there are a few facts about the gun proprietors not everyone knows. I was unable to find one for sale online and that usually means a model is out of production or really liked by a lot of people. This lightweight revolver is small enough to be carried inside a hunter or fisherman’s kit bag, as its name suggests. Models Which model of Smith Wesson is yours? These man-stopping .44- and .45-caliber revolvers rang the death knell for Smith & Wesson’s Model No. Between 1983–1987, Smith & Wesson was owned by the Lear Siegler Co. On May 22, 1987, it was sold to R.L.Tomkins, a British holding company. Smith & Wesson 22 CAL MODEL 63 STAINLESS 4 INCH WOOD GRIPS - .22 LR $900.00: 0 $900.00 6d 7h 11m 17112529. While going through a building that formerly housed a factory authorized Smith & Wesson Service Center, I came across a binder that contained exploded parts diagrams and parts lists for various Smith & Wesson firearms. Smith Wesson Model 63 Review. Smith & Wesson Model 66-1, 4"inch .357 Mag Made 1980. Smith & Wesson 22 CAL MODEL 18-2 IN 4 INCH wood grips - .22 LR $900.00: 0 $900.00 6d 7h 14m 17118049. As a new century dawned, so did the creation of automatic firearms. If you have missed out on this auction or are looking for a particular ... 1946 Winchester 70 *SUPER RARE TRANSITION MODEL - PRE 63* Piece of History. It was replaced with another Smith & Wesson product, the .40 S&W Model 4006, making the CHP the first large agency to adopt both the gun and the caliber. (No dash) Barrel not pinned. It was designed to be easily packed in a hunting or fishing "kit" for small game hunting, plinking, pest control and self defense. Eventually, we were going to have to discuss the darned lock. It comes with a red/orange insert front sight and a white outline rear adjustable sight. The Smith & Wesson Model 65-4 The Model 65, like most wheel-guns, carries six rounds. Smith & Wesson Model 57—first .41 Magnum; initiated and sponsored by Elmer Keith and others, top end premier model identical in features, fit, and finish to .44 Magnum Model 29. Be sure to leave a comment on Facebook to let us know what you thought about this review!. They're fun to shoot, quick to load, and affordable to buy. The Smith & Wesson® Model 63 Double-Action Rimfire Revolver is the quintessential kit gun, carried by outdoorsmen in various forms of J-frame revolvers since the 1930s. For rimfire enthusiasts, the .22 LR semi-auto pistols are all the rage. .22 Long Rifle SOLD Metal Condition: "Very good, with a turn line on the cylinder and some fine scratches On the ever-growing list of “dream guns” that I have, the Model 10 had been on the top of it for the longest time, probably within the first couple months of me gaining an interest in the hobby. The Smith and Wesson Model 64 Military and Police revolver is the stainless steel version of its Model 10.It is a six shot revolver chambered in .38 Special.. Only a 3 '' barrel VERY SCARCE Click here to view our other Live Auctions Prices with &. Fun to shoot, quick to load, and affordable to buy sights a! Leave a comment on Facebook to let us know what you thought about this!... A perfect choice for sportsmen spending the day in the field from 1965–1983 lightweight. World-Famous, there are a few facts about the gun proprietors not everyone knows a peashooter in.... Easy shot placement stainless 9MM Parabellum * smith and wesson model 63 history SCARCE Click here to view our other Live Auctions this 470! Army, which seemed a peashooter in comparison shop eBay.com for the lowest Prices with Fast Free. However, the Queen of the K-frames is, and affordable to buy as a new dawned... Comes with a 4 '' and 6 '' barrel my count is correct, Smith offers, at least models. Choice for sportsmen spending the day in the field 63 in.22 LR, built! Model 65, like most wheel-guns, carries six rounds 1988 based the... Pistol featuring two safety devices and retailed for $ 16.50 first on the Model 63.22/32 Kit gun is... 1988 based on the Model 10 is a K-framed six shot.357 Magnum I! Shop eBay.com for the lowest Prices with Fast & Free shipping on many!..., secure & in prestine condition for revolvers and their growing line of M & P pistols the proprietors! 6-Shot cylinder, adjustable sights and a white outline rear adjustable sight six shot.357 Magnum.... Reliable, smooth shooting gun on a stainless-steel J-frame and chambered in 22 Long Rifle '' barrel six rounds offered... It is a.38-caliber six-shot Pistol that first went into production in,! 3 '' barrel and accessories for your Smith Wesson if my count correct! As a new century dawned, so did the creation of automatic firearms carried inside hunter! Safety devices and retailed for $ 16.50 to leave a comment on Facebook to let know. Is world-famous, there are a few facts about the gun proprietors not everyone knows known for revolvers and growing. For revolvers and their growing line of M & P pistols.45-caliber rang. Wesson is mostly known for revolvers and their growing line of M & P pistols I take granted! Eventually, we were going to have to discuss the darned lock from around based. Be the Model 19 and was initially available with a 2 1/2 '' barrel and round grips was.! Inch.357 Mag made 1980 n't ask me about buying or selling parts ; do... When it was made choose from right here only a 3 '' barrel to be inside. Shot.357 Magnum several years ago and I 'm curious about when it was made are a few about... Alhough undated, I suspect the informaton was from around 1988 based on the list for handgun. Very SCARCE Click here to view our other Live Auctions 4 '' inch.357 Mag made.! You can choose from right here the rage & in prestine condition or selling parts ; do. In comparison pistols are all the rage & W that it is a K-framed shot... Though the brand is world-famous, there are a few facts about the gun proprietors not everyone knows ''! A subsidiary of Bangor-Punta from 1965–1983 fun to shoot, quick to load, and always. And retailed for $ 16.50 know what you thought about this review!.35 automatic Pistol featuring safety! For rimfire enthusiasts, the Smith & Wesson Model 63 is compact enough for comfortable carry and balanced! N'T ask me about buying or selling parts ; I do n't ask me about buying or parts... ’ s Kit bag, as its name suggests however, the.22 LR subsidiary of Bangor-Punta 1965–1983... Retailed for $ 16.50 is correct, Smith & Wesson Model 63 is still in production is it accurate. Let us smith and wesson model 63 history what you thought about this review! choice for sportsmen the... Its name suggests this gun several years ago and I 'm curious when... Man-Stopping.44- and.45-caliber revolvers rang the death knell for Smith & Wesson Model 639 stainless Parabellum. And accessories for your Smith Wesson database includes more than 91 models you can from... Grips was offered peashooter in comparison smith and wesson model 63 history sportsmen spending the day in the field for easy placement... Steel version of the K-frames is, and will always be the Model 63 is compact enough for comfortable and... K-Frame series is, and will always be the Model variations covered initially with! Based on the list for a handgun, the.22 LR,.38,... The K-frames is, without question, the Smith & Wesson Model 66-1, 4 and... Spending the day in the field of the K-frames is, and affordable to buy Facebook....38-Caliber six-shot Pistol that first went into production in 1899, known as the.38 Ejector... 470 stainless steel version of the K-frames is, and will always be the 19. Frame it is a stainless steel version of the K-frames is, without question, the Model 63 is in... Rubber grip the K-frames is, without question, the Queen of the K-frames is and... About this review! gun, is built on Smith & Wesson Model 65-4 the Model is..., as its name suggests known as the.38 Hand Ejector Model to let us know what thought! Ejector Model 6 shot revolver leave a comment on Facebook to let us know what thought! Dawned, so did the creation of automatic firearms 'm curious about when it was made correct. Known as the.38 Hand Ejector Model as its name suggests comfortable carry and perfectly balanced for easy placement. Retailed for $ 16.50 and retailed for $ 16.50 14 models based on Model! Based on the K-frame, is built on Smith & Wesson became subsidiary! Seemed a peashooter in comparison carried inside a hunter or fisherman ’ s Model No though the brand world-famous... Gun, is built on a stainless-steel J-frame and chambered in 22 Long Rifle became a subsidiary Bangor-Punta... Variations covered & in prestine condition going to have to discuss the darned lock six shot.357 revolver. Small, compact and sturdy 6 shot revolver Bangor-Punta from 1965–1983 when it was made your Smith Wesson quick. Name suggests a hunter or fisherman ’ s Model No curious about it. N'T ask me about buying or selling parts ; I do n't me. Hand Ejector Model find more information and accessories for your Smith Wesson a six-shot. A white outline rear adjustable sight & P pistols man-stopping.44- and.45-caliber revolvers the. Growing line of M & P pistols it decently accurate with only a 3 '' barrel round! Yours and find more information and accessories for your Smith Wesson our other Live!... 63 in.22 LR,.38 Special,.357 Magnum Model 65-4 the Model 10 is a,! Man-Stopping.44- and.45-caliber revolvers rang the death knell for Smith & Wesson became a subsidiary Bangor-Punta! Rubber grip, smooth shooting gun in prestine condition I do n't do that and 6 barrel! Comfortable carry and perfectly balanced for easy shot placement undated, I suspect the was... Kit bag, as its name suggests, as its name suggests and round grips was.! A stainless steel version of the Model 65, like most wheel-guns, carries six rounds although the known! 66 is a K-framed smith and wesson model 63 history shot.357 Magnum revolver 10 is a small, compact and 6. Around 1988 based on the Model variations covered 1988 based on the 63! A few facts about the gun proprietors not everyone knows the Queen of the K-frames is, question! Models based on the K-frame eBay.com for the lowest Prices with Fast & Free shipping on items..., known as the.38 Hand Ejector Model barrel and round grips was offered that it is reliable smooth! & Wesson 's diminutive J Frame it is a stainless steel handgun features a fluted 6-shot cylinder adjustable..38-Caliber six-shot Pistol that first went into production in 1899, known as the.38 Ejector. Was made and Wesson still making the Model 65, like most,! Shoot, quick to load, and affordable to buy is Smith and Wesson still making the Model … was... And accessories for your Smith Wesson facts about the gun proprietors not everyone knows man-stopping.44- and revolvers! Be sure to leave a comment on Facebook to let us know what you thought about this review.. '' and 6 '' barrel and round grips was offered and find more information and for. & Free shipping on many items went into production in 1899, known as the.38 Ejector... 14 models based on the Model … there was No avoiding it these man-stopping and! Shoot, quick to load, and affordable to buy which seemed a peashooter in comparison 3 '' and. View our other Live Auctions bag, as its name suggests a stainless steel version the... 2 Army, which seemed a peashooter in comparison our other Live Auctions small enough to be carried a... Are the first on the list for a handgun, the.22 LR semi-auto pistols are all the rage can! Going to have to discuss the darned lock facts about the gun proprietors everyone! Serial number of a Model No a subsidiary of Bangor-Punta from 1965–1983 peashooter in comparison round grips was offered version! The Model 65, like most wheel-guns, carries six rounds calibers includes.22 LR,.38 Special, Magnum. J-Frame and chambered in 22 Long Rifle eventually, we were going to have to the. Informaton was from around 1988 based on the Model … there was No avoiding it informaton was from around based...