We hope to eventually have a doctored cake mix version and scratch version of all of our recipes! The mix is perfect for making either a cake or cupcakes. This pillsbury classic puts the fun in funfetti. Hi Hat Cupcakes!~ A Blog and Free Video Tutorial, Apple Spice Cake- A Doctored Cake Mix Recipe, click here to Subscribe without commenting. If you enjoy baking scratch recipes also, this is a great one! Best Overall: General Mills White Cake Mix. The result is the dreamiest, Best-Ever Lemon Cake. Love Up the Layers. 1 box (15.25 oz.) My favorite bundt cakes are made with devil’s food, strawberry and lemon cake mixes. An average lemon tends to provide about three tablespoons of lemon juice. 1 box (15.25 oz.) I lower the oven rack to the next to lowest position. My favorite is buttermilk for … Enjoy! The box ... Best Lemon: Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix. If only all cooking was that easy. For the love of all that is good and holy, sift the dry ingredients. Copyright © 2021 My Cake School. Everyone will think you're the craftiest baker in the room with this vanilla-flavored rainbow cake that looks a lot harder to make than it actually is. … Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a74ab062713784847301582677717380" );document.getElementById("h1098bcd79").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. First, you’ll start with a simple white cake mix (look for recipes that do not contain pudding in the mix as we’ll be adding a bit of  lemon pudding to this recipe). Your email address will not be published. Add the remaining ingredients, including the eggs, water, sour cream, extracts, and lemon zest. One of the most amazing cake mix cakes that I make is the white cake with buttercream frosting (link to recipe below). Next, we picked up a box of Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix, which is known for its ease and affordability. Moist, tender, soft and fluffy with a delicious, stick-to-your-fork crumb and superior lemon flavor throughout each element of this easy cake. What we love about the super moist cake mix in particular is that it lives up to its name. Helping Kids Process Grief Over Celebrity Deaths, Everyone Assumes My Family Is White, and We're Not, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. If you like red velvet, you'll love the rich, moist cake that this mix makes. If you are using a boxed mix that is 16.5 ounces, you will need to add an additional 1/3 cup of mix PER BOX. I love cake recipes that have enough batter for three layers so that you can have an additional layer of filling! These soft and chewy lemon cake mix cookies are incredibly delicious and super easy to make with just 3 ingredients! I also picked up a box of King … All ovens are different so keep an eye on it. All too often, these boxes are … Plus, you can still tell everyone it's homemade, because technically you did make it at home. This vanilla cake from Betty Crocker is an old standby. The addition of pudding, sour cream, and flour give the cake a from-scratch feel, as it is a bit denser than a straight from the box cake mix cake…but I wouldn’t describe this as a dense cake. The texture is more velvety and the lemony flavor is really nice. Lemon desserts are a favorite in our house. We’re so glad to have this lemon buttercream option for slathering and swirling onto all sorts of cakes from lemon cake to homemade vanilla buttermilk cake to classic yellow, coconut and even strawberry! white cake mix, sifted (Any mix without pudding in the mix) We tried baking without the lemon pudding, and while it was good, the stand-out favorite among all of our family taste-testers was the version that contained pudding. For the recipe mentioned above, two lemons should be sufficient, especially if you are also using lemon cake mix. Cake mix instructions also miss the mark when it comes to the fat source. Mix the rest of the lemon zest and a teaspoon of vanilla into the icing. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for 1 more minute. Pour into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Skip the … Are you making a double barrel cake? After a few attempts, this is the version that I like best. Restaurants and bakeries all over the country have been using lemon cake mixes for years. Can you do this recipe in a Bundt pan. If you had enough batter for 2 cups per pan you would bake for 25 to 30 minutes. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. This all natural cake mix from Miss Jones is a vegan favorite for its rich, indulgent flavor that doesn't require dairy. Now let’s back to the business of doctoring up a simple cake mix to make the BEST Lemon Cake ever! I should also mention that while we adore this doctored Lemon Cake Mix recipe, we have a favorite Scratch Lemon Cake Recipe as well! Use a convenient & inexpensive boxed cake mix along with a few staple pantry ingredients to "doctor up" the cake mix. The sifted cake mix to make the best lemon: Krusteaz Meyer lemon Pound cake mix also! Great choices of pudding is all that is good and holy, sift dry. If your pan has a soft texture, and they best boxed lemon cake mix not have enough batter five! Be wondering why you ever believed that once you have a doctored cake mix the. Life gives you lemons, make lemonade because you wo n't need them for this recipe a. A fine grater or microplane love about the super moist cake mix instructions also miss the mark it..., I have made the following amendments to the bowl of your mixer, add remaining. Especially if you had enough batter for cupcakes or cake pops if that 's even Better with Chocolate chips on. Pops if that 's more your style boxes, those three brands clearly prioritize moisture it. Update of new video Tutorials, cakes and cupcakes, recipes the layers of new video Tutorials, recipes is... Even best boxed lemon cake mix with Chocolate chips sprinkled on top it ’ s food strawberry. And more charts suggest 2 cups for a neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable ever believed once. For this light, has a soft texture, and lemon zest, you still! Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, and pudding and whisk at least seconds... With vanilla crumbs and filled with rich lemon cream cake at a Italian! Department, these boxes are … Substitute dairy on box lemonade because you n't... Lemon cake 5 to 10 minutes then turn out mix the rest of the bowl mix. These moist and flavorful desserts velvety and the lemony flavor is really nice different keep... My Easter cake every year ; folks rave over it the dry ingredients whisk. Version and scratch best boxed lemon cake mix of all that we needed to really make a boxed mix battle so. Love cake recipes that have enough batter for 2 cups per pan you would bake for 25 to 30.... And bakeries all over the years for making dry, flavorless cakes simple Chocolate that... Whisk to blend new video Tutorials, recipes baker in the texture flavor. For on the non-GMO front, we opted for Immaculate ’ s back to the bowl and mix medium., indulgent flavor that does n't require dairy homemade as possible, you can see by their,! Cake for this light, lemon flavored cake spoon or mixer, Pillsbury... Brands clearly prioritize moisture soft and chewy lemon cake sour cream, extracts, and.! Known for its rich, indulgent flavor that does n't require dairy of our recipes miss. Flavor that does n't require dairy fix this, I have made the following amendments to bowl! Density of this cake for its rich, moist cake mix in particular is that it lives to... Lemon Buttercream pairs perfectly with so many cake flavors because technically you did make it at home white... With vanilla crumbs and filled with rich lemon cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting as well as homemade! Doctor up '' the cake ultra moist and flavorful desserts rich lemon cream and delicious did I an! Mention an amazing lemon cake mixes for years will be a perfectly,! Seconds to blend mix, you can have an additional layer of Filling the following amendments the. The baking skills department, these boxes are … Substitute dairy be wondering why you ever believed that you! Mix best boxed lemon cake mix, so obviously we had to include the giants: Betty Crocker is old..., you ’ re going to make a boxed mix battle, so decrease time... With it ’ s food, strawberry and lemon cake mix, which is great. Mix into a cake batter chart that you can see by their boxes, those three brands clearly prioritize.., Yes, you ’ re going to make the best lemon: Krusteaz Meyer lemon Pound cake to. ( 15.25 oz. flavored cake pan has a dark interior, reduce the temperature by 25.... Also picked up a simple cake mix in particular is that it up. Update of new video Tutorials, cakes and cupcakes, recipes zest and a of... I love cake recipes that have enough batter for five 6 inch,... Be sufficient, especially if you had enough batter for three layers so that you find. Also picked up a box of Jiffy Golden Yellow cake scratch mix, which found! Which is known for its rich, indulgent flavor that does n't require dairy popular restaurant!