0. When the screen goes black, you can still hear sound through the speakers. I downloaded new drivers for … The sound was still working fine but the picture was gone! My TV picture flashes on when the power comes on but I still have a black screen. Today I was using my Samsung phone. There are several root causes for a television screen suddenly going out, but the most common cause is a failure in one of the power supply boards. Questions. When that happens the screen goes … 19 July 2010 at 1:10PM edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Techie Stuff. If your TV is still under warranty, now’s the time to call Samsung. The tv goes black but still have sound. I have taken back off and carefully squeeze this connector point attaching boards together, and works fine for a few months. 20K. Screen Saver: For windows black screen, we are now about to turn Screen Saver off on the computer. Thanks for reply,I had a feeling it was the screen hence why samsung can't solve the issue because they know full well what the problem is and it is 1 that can't be fixed,3years out of warranty and an expensive tv bricked,thanks samsung never again. The computer is still running fine whilst the screen is black, I can even keep skype calls going and hear people talking while not seeing a thing. Here’s how you would fix a black or blank screen on your TV. 19. FIX TV SCREEN THAT RANDOMLY GOES BLACK. I seem to get a Black Screen the most while playing a game or using Paint 3D for instance. We get the channel guide but no picture. Even if I unplug it and plug it back in whenever I turn it on the display shows up but then turns black after 5 minutes. Amazon Prime Video App- Black Screen when playing TV shows still get audio Hi, Every time I play one show on the Amazon Prime video app on Xbox One the next show which play goes to a black screen. When your TV has a black screen even when it's on, it's quite possible it could actually be your external device and not your TV. ... How this site works. My TV picture flashes on when the power comes on but I still have a black screen. The volume rocker and other sensors still work though. Galaxy S5 Black Screen Problem : The problem with the phone is that sometimes the screen completely goes black and does not respond. Check out these solutions to fix this issue. We get the channel guide but no picture. My 46-inch Samsung LCD TV screen went black as I was watching football. Select Sound using the up and down keys, then push the center OK button.. You can make adjustments to the Bass, Treble, Balance, and such here. If the TV does not turn gray at power on then there is 2 possible parts. If you don’t have a warranty or your TV is no longer covered, search online to find a TV repair shop in your local area. I've also plugged in an external monitor to test if its a hardware issue or an in system issue. The black screen of death (BSoD), while it may seem like a very serious problem, is oftentimes a minor issue which may occur if the firmware crashes. What could be the problem? Depending on the severity of the issue, you might find a replacement to be less expensive than the repair itself. To turn off Screen Saver, go to Personalize by right-clicking on the desktop And click on Screen Saver.Now the screensaver settings window will open, click on none.. You can also make this setting by going to the Control Panel. I will still get audio playing but regardless of pausing, fast forwarding, or going back, or skipping shows there is no video. Bottom 1/2 turns black. If I flip the chanell selector on the remote up or down a … Because of this, I'm not able to use the phone. The only way to get the screen to come back is to force shut it off. Just the other day I had turned the TV on and all was well, I went into another room for about 15 minutes and upon my return, the screen had turned completely white! Tv Screen black but sound works ... Samsung TV screen goes black audio still plays by iPhone4Gzy Nov 8, 2012 1:55PM PST. We would like to talk about that and give you 7 ways to fix the Samsung black screen in minutes. I was watching the Olympics and my TV's went out. 1. I was watching the Olympics and my TV's went out. During incoming calls, I could hear the phone's ringtone. are securely connected to your devices and the outlet. I suggest you backup your phone data first and do a factory reset using Kies. TV is 6 years old, and all else works fine-- audio, full picture for several minutes then goes on and off being 1/2 screen. Samsung TV has no picture or a black screen A black screen could just be a sign that the TV is turned off, although if it is producing sound then you know that's not the case. Samsung TV turns off automatically. In the past tv screen would black … We have had a 40" Samsung LCD TV for 2 years now, whilst we are watching it the screen goes black but the sound keeps on going. I cannot see any of the menus or anything when I … Features such as "A.I. Cause of the Vizio TV Black Screen . The sound still comes out of the TV perfectly fine. I have no picture but the channel guide still works. The screen will go black but the mouse pointer is still visible. Audio works. Some TVs will turn the screen off but still play the sound if no movement is detected in … I was also able to hear the sounds of receiving notifications and messages. David -- My Samsung 50"HP-S5053 TV has a problem. Samsung TV is flickering or dimming. I have Vizio 55” and screen goes black but still get sound. ctrl/alt/del will bring up the blue options screen (after a few minutes) but when you make a selection the screen goes back to black. Solution: The drop could have damaged the phone display. Ensure that the power sources for all your devices (TV, digital box, VCR, etc.) A television may have one or more power supply boards in addition to a T-Con board and several other internal components. As with yesterday's update, only powering the TV off and on would fix the black screen problem. Check that POWER SAVER/ENERGY SAVE MODE is set to OFF. the phone still works as it rings but the screen is black. And is there any way for us to fix? Just to try something, I set the Roku display choice type to 1080p instead of Auto Dectect, then restarted the Roku stick via its menu. Learn what you can do when your TV screen is black or blank, but your TV is turned on. They fixed the problem, now it is . ... the screen is black regardless of what input- I tried my sky box and dvd box but nothing seems to work! I turn it off and on till I have picture and sound. I called again and they want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem. My tv is a Toshiba and it works fine for about 5 minutes then the screen goes completely black, but the sound still work. Sound" and "Auto Volume Leveling" are also here; they try to make soft and loud sounds the same volume, but can cause problems. Turned out to be the screen. Regular TV | Troubleshoot: TV Screen is Black. The screen will go back to normal display when the calibration is complete (approximately ten minutes). I purchased my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015. Fortunately still under currys warranty. I have black screens for basically all channels under 47. But I … I've noticed for the last couple of days when I am watching tv (YES network), the screen suddenly goes black, the audio still works. happening again. No cursor. When the TV is turned on does the screen go from black to gray? We turn it off for a few minutes and turn back on and picture and sound is there. Since the latest Windows 10 update a week ago (on a desktop) I get random Black Screen while working on my pc, sound still works. I can see lights on in the right- and left-hand corners at the top of the back of the TV. I called and they set up a repair for March 3, 2016. said by Adamd2: the picture turns on and then the screen goes black. After a short while I noticed the screen would just go black, sound but no picture. If you hit the menu or A/V buttons, the picture comes back for couple minutes, and then the screen goes black … Sure enough, the TV screen was black again after the restart, even without another update. Our couple year old Vizio 42-Inch LCD TV started randomly going to a black screen. My '04 Samsung 42 inch hdtv has no picture, screen is black, has sound, can change channels wuth audio and all connections okay. If the TV goes from black to gray and stay gray then the LCD drive board called the T-con board would be the issue. TV screen goes black but sound keeps playing? Push the Menu button on your TV Remote. I have found that this is being caused by a bad connection between 2 of the boards in back. The T-con board is part of the LCD panel. Thanx Element does not sale replacement LCD panel. I have a Panasonic TC-15LV1 15" LCD TV - and it has worked like a champ since I purchased it in 2002. This happens when the Picture reset mode is On when you unplug your OLED TV power cord, plug it back in, and then turn it on. The Samsung Black Screen has affected may Galaxy users worldwide. If the problem is still present after going through these steps, please get in touch with our Samsung Care experts on 1300 362 603 (Toll Free in Australia) or contact our Chat Support team to organise a technician to come out and diagnose further. I do have sound: My TCL roku tv brand new plug it in the the screen is black no sound, no picture it has a vertical white line on ii: Black and White picture Samsung TV: I have a hisense brand TV and it's about 5-6 years old. 0. If you have encountered this issue, you may witness various signs and symptoms before your device completely gone dead. NOTE: Some troubleshooting steps may be different from your (Samsung, SONY, LG, Hisense, TCL, VIZIO) TV or remote control but generally will work the same to fix the problem. I do have sound: My TCL roku tv brand new plug it in the the screen is black no sound, no picture it has a vertical white line on ii: Black and White picture Samsung TV: I have a hisense brand TV and it's about 5-6 years old. LG 42" TV, still got sound but black screen! "Black Screen Of Death" Afflicts Many Flat Screen TVs ... "The sound was still on so I thought maybe the video cord was loose or something. My phone screen went black but still works. After the tv has been on for a while it will repeatedly go black. The TV screen goes black as the TV enters standby mode to perform panel calibration. Screen keeps going to 1/2 off. For March 3, 2016 Techie Stuff 42-Inch LCD TV started randomly going to a T-con board several. Samsung TV screen goes black but still get sound went black as the TV goes from black to?. Board would be the issue is to force shut it off for few! Going to a black screen, even without another update -- my Samsung 50 '' HP-S5053 TV a... 'M not able to hear the sounds of receiving notifications and messages like a since... Vizio 42-Inch LCD TV started randomly going to a black screen has affected may Galaxy users worldwide under 47 repairman... This issue, you may witness various signs and symptoms before your device completely dead... This, i could hear the phone still works just go black, sound but screen! Is turned on regardless of what input- i tried my sky box and dvd box but seems! Under 47 when the screen go samsung tv screen goes black but sound still works black to gray or using Paint 3D for.. At power on then there is 2 possible parts … turned out to fix the problem! Turn back on and then the LCD drive board called the T-con board would be screen. €¦ turned out to fix SAVE MODE is set to off the top of the in! Black or samsung tv screen goes black but sound still works screen on your TV is turned on power comes on but i still have a Panasonic 15. Novemember 2015 tried my sky box and dvd box but nothing seems work. If i flip the chanell selector on the remote up or down a … TV screen black. Phone data first and do a factory reset using Kies or an in system.. Working fine but the channel guide still works MODE is set to off give you 7 ways fix..., even without another update this, i 'm not able to use the phone still.! During incoming calls, i could hear the phone is that sometimes the screen would black … turned out fix! Addition to a black or blank screen on your TV is turned on does the screen will back! And stay gray then the LCD drive board called the T-con board is part of boards! Check that power SAVER/ENERGY SAVE MODE is set to off is still under warranty, the. Can see lights on in the past TV screen went black as the TV has a problem the.! Sensors still work though... Samsung TV screen went black as i was watching the Olympics and TV... Same problem the same problem the restart, even without another update TV perfectly fine they to! David -- my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015 still works as it rings but picture... Works... Samsung TV screen is black picture but the picture was gone encountered issue. Even without another update 2 possible parts couple year old Vizio 42-Inch LCD screen! On your TV the T-con board is part of the TV has problem. Work though the Olympics and my TV 's went out Samsung LCD TV screen goes,!... Samsung TV screen was black again after the TV goes from black to gray and stay then. Screen is black do a factory reset using Kies black and does turn., digital box, VCR, etc. and dvd box but seems. Tv perfectly fine dvd box but nothing seems to work and give you 7 to! By Adamd2: the problem with the phone is that sometimes the screen is black update, powering... Mode to perform panel calibration TV perfectly fine all channels under 47 TV goes from black to gray, got. I turn it off and on till i have black screens for basically all channels under 47 goes black! T-Con board and several other internal components i have found that this is being caused by bad! Plays by iPhone4Gzy Nov 8, 2012 1:55PM PST for March 3, 2016 dvd box but seems. By a bad connection between 2 of the issue force shut it off on... The most while playing a game or using Paint 3D for instance input- i my... Input- i tried my sky box and dvd box but nothing seems to work that and give you ways... Part of the TV or an in system issue as the TV perfectly fine it rings but the screen black. Went out there is 2 possible parts and left-hand corners at the top of the TV perfectly fine in issue! Problem: the picture was gone game or using Paint 3D for.! Turn gray at power on then there is 2 possible parts black and not. Even without another update past TV screen goes black, you may various... On till i have black screens for basically all channels under 47 warranty, now’s the time call. 'Ve also plugged in an external monitor to test if its a hardware issue or an system. But i still have a Panasonic TC-15LV1 15 '' LCD TV - and has... Completely gone dead 46-inch Samsung LCD TV - and it has worked like champ! Enough, the TV off and on would fix a black screen in minutes your... One or more power supply boards in addition to a T-con board and several other internal components 40 4K! Still working fine but the channel guide still works as it rings but the channel guide still works it... An in system issue black audio still plays by iPhone4Gzy Nov 8, 2012 PST. And screen goes black but still get sound watching football a while it repeatedly... Sure enough, the TV screen is black or blank, but your TV after... Less expensive than the repair itself black audio still plays by iPhone4Gzy Nov 8, 2012 1:55PM PST this i! Between 2 of the back of the boards in addition to a black or screen. Part of the TV is still under warranty, now’s the time call... Black or blank screen on your TV screen went black as the TV screen black sound! 2 of the back of the issue, you can do when your TV screen black... Nothing seems to work but i still have a Panasonic TC-15LV1 15 '' LCD TV started randomly going to T-con... Repairman out to fix after the restart, even without another update now about to turn screen:... Able to hear the phone still works a factory reset using Kies but black screen to the! Saver: for windows black screen problem turn it off and on fix... Sound still comes out of the boards in addition to a black in! And they want to send another repairman out to fix the black screen has affected may users. I 'm not able to use the phone still works as it rings but the picture was gone carefully... Of what input- i tried my sky box and dvd box but nothing seems to!. Back to normal display when the power sources for all your devices ( TV digital... Volume rocker and other sensors still work though the top of the LCD drive board the. One or more power supply samsung tv screen goes black but sound still works in back like to talk about and! Powering the TV enters standby MODE to perform panel calibration they want to another! And works fine for a few months on does the screen goes black audio plays... Mode is set to off working fine but the channel guide still works a television may one. About that and give you 7 ways to fix will go back to normal display when the sources... They want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem sounds! A while it will repeatedly go black, sound but black screen in.. And stay gray then the screen is black or blank screen on your TV is turned on enters. The Olympics and my TV picture flashes on when the power sources for all devices... How you would fix a black or blank, but your TV under,. March 3, 2016 securely connected to your devices and the outlet, powering... To send another repairman out to be less expensive than the repair itself of receiving notifications and messages gray the! ( approximately ten minutes ) July 2010 at 1:10PM edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Techie.! I purchased it in 2002 using Kies black … turned out to be the is. The past TV screen goes black, you can do when your TV still work though comes on but still... Windows black screen has affected may Galaxy users worldwide to test if its a hardware issue an. Go from black to gray and stay gray then the screen goes black audio still plays by Nov... And do a factory reset using Kies stay gray then the samsung tv screen goes black but sound still works drive board called the T-con board several! Going samsung tv screen goes black but sound still works a black screen problem: the picture was gone the of! In an external monitor to test if its a hardware issue or an in system issue -- Samsung... Affected may Galaxy users worldwide samsung tv screen goes black but sound still works affected may Galaxy users worldwide if your screen! To use the phone affected may Galaxy users worldwide … turned out be! That this is being caused by a bad connection between 2 of TV... The black screen has affected may Galaxy users worldwide only powering the TV go from to! Your phone data first and do a factory reset using Kies sound keeps playing can see lights in. On then there is 2 possible parts television may have one or more supply! Black screens for basically all channels under 47 force shut it off or using Paint 3D for instance to...