Next. Ending Dec 6 at 7:59AM PST 3d 13h. $12.60. Cookies help us deliver our Services. However, I would argue that Revolver is the Beatles’ most important album. 2 bids. It’s 50 years old TODAY and I think it’s fair to say that over recent years and decades The Beatles‘ seventh studio album Revolver, with its monochrome Klaus Voorman designed cover, has overtaken the colourful and psychedelic Sgt. SF: The Beatles always tried to set aside a song for a single. As the album turns 50,Greg Kot argues that it is the Fab Four’s crowning achievement. For all intents and purposes, it’s a shot in the dark from the world’s greatest pop band. 0 bids. Man, Abbey Road is my favorite Beatle album, B side is amazing with the medley, and A side would be the best A side ever if it wasn't for Maxwell Silver Hammer, goddammit Paul. All that's left to really say is: Long live John, Paul, George and Ringo! $2.80 shipping. (35) 35 product ratings - The Beatles Revolver Remastered - NEW - READ. 14 tracks (34:49). They wonderfully encapsulated the spirit of the 1960s, transitioning from goodie boy band singing about holding hands to transcendental hippies singing about spiritual freedom and experimenting with advanced studio effects. Even if you scorn Boomer myth-making, the 50th anniversary of “Revolver” — perhaps the Beatles’ best album — is a big deal. Maya Hawke and her father Ethan Hawke have been set to star in Revolver, playing a father-daughter pair in the 1960s-set romantic comedy to … Despite the initial confusion, though, Reddit is a great site to promote your business and gain valuable information. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Is the Beatles’ ‘Revolver’ the Best Rock Record Ever? 353. Listen free to The Beatles – Revolver (Taxman, Eleanor Rigby and more). It stayed at the top for six weeks, spending a … Revolver is a pretty appropriate title for the Beatles seventh album. Many of the tracks on Revolver feature an electric guitar-rock sound that contrasts with their previous LP, the folk rock inspired Rubber Soul (1965). Reddit; view all. To those of you who see Revolver as their greatest album, what is your reasoning? Listen free to The Beatles – Revolver (Taxman, Eleanor Rigby and more). The group had taken three months off prior to Revolver -- … ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … Maya Hawke and her father Ethan Hawke have been set to star in Revolver, playing a father-daughter pair in the 1960s-set romantic comedy to … When The Beatles released Revolver in 1966, they broke new grounds. Without the risks they took and the steps they made on that album we wouldn’t have gotten the gems from 67-70. level 1:AllThingsMustPass: All Things Mut Pass. Crossing Abbey Road. This Beatles album, however, quickly fell down the charts as their newest creation, “Revolver,” was released on August 8th, pushing the same Herb Alpert album out of the #1 spot in only its second week on the chart (jumping from #45). The Beatles! Is the Beatles’ ‘Revolver’ the Best Rock Record Ever? The Beatles contract with their label EMI expired during the making of ‘Revolver’, meaning they weren’t actually under contract while recording the album. It was released on 5 August 1966, accompanied by the double A-side single " Eleanor Rigby " / " Yellow Submarine ". ... With "Revolver," Martin and the Beatles had succeeded in establishing what is arguably the most profound demographic growth in … Beatles - Revolver LP - Capitol. No longer overshadowed by Sgt Pepper, its predecessor is an album that has grown in stature and reputation through the decades and long ago usurped Pepper as the Beatles’ … or Buy It Now. r/beatles: A subreddit dedicated to the greatest band of all time: Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles! The Beatles’ Revolver was released on 5 August 1966. Posted on Friday, October 30th, 2020 by Chris Evangelista Real-life father and daughter Ethan Hawke and Maya Hawk e will star together in Revolver, … Even if you scorn Boomer myth-making, the 50th anniversary of “Revolver” — perhaps the Beatles’ best album — is a big deal. Reddit. Editor’s Note: We’re resharing as The White Album turns 52 this week. All the rules fell by the wayside with Revolver, as the Beatles began exploring new sonic territory, lyrical subjects, and styles of composition. Revolver in my opinion is more perfect tham Abbey Road, and for me, the reason is that every single song is great, something that does not happen with Abbey Road. 0 bids. Edit: I don't understand the downvotes, that's actually my genuine opinion. The Beatles - Revolver - Vinyl - Mint Condition. Ending Dec 6 at 7:59AM PST 3d 13h. The Beatles - Revolver - Vinyl - Mint Condition. Beatles historian Mark Lewisohn put it masterly: “Revolver…shows the Beatles at the peak of their creativity, welding very strong, economical but lyrically incisive song material with brave studio experimentation… Revolver is a pop masterpiece.”. Lennon and his … I'm only sleeping, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. Revolver is the seventh studio album by English rock band the Beatles, released on 5 August 1966 on the Parlophone label and produced by George Martin. Email. $12.60. 2 bids. One thing seems certain to me - you'll soon all be singing about a 'Yellow Submarine'. 'Revolver' is a timeless psychedelic album, and is as fresh as it is classic. Beatles - Revolver LP - Capitol. So, if we are talking about perfect albuns, Revolver takes the cake. From trippy sounds to explosive beats, The Fab Four once again proved they were innovators. Although The Beatles continued to record great albums after 'Revolver', very rarely did they manage to fully repeat the sheer creativity and melody that is so evident on this one. It was spring 1965. Email. Wanna hear a joke? By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn More. Critical Acclaim. 119k. Revolver is the seventh studio album by English rock band the Beatles, released on 5 August 1966 on the Parlophone label and produced by George Martin. Created Feb 16, 2009. Revolver was also the first record in which the impression of the Beatles as a holistic gang was disrupted. $2.80 shipping. Author Robert Rodriguez wrote a book about it: Revolver: How the Beatles Reimagined Rock ‘n’ Roll. comments. Why weren’t those songs included on the album? Pepper and Pet Sounds – and now Rolling Stone readers have declared it the single greatest Beatles album. The latest Beatles album 'Revolver' certainly has new sounds and new ideas, and should cause plenty of argument among fans as to whether it is as good as or better than previous efforts. For all intents and purposes, it’s a shot in the dark from the world’s greatest pop band. Revolver, the Beatles seventh U.K. album -- released on Aug. 5, 1966 in the U.K. and three days later in the U.S. -- was another game-changing classic for the Fab Four. Critical Acclaim. Figuring out how Reddit can contribute to your business is even more confusing. :) [It is recommended that you use old reddit to browse this sub, as … (35) 35 product ratings - The Beatles Revolver Remastered - NEW - READ. Email. The band shut the door on the first half of its career with Revolver, finished touring, and put together a stunning, innovative collection of sounds, words and images. Join. All that's left to really say is: Long live John, Paul, George and Ringo! They never shied away from experimenting and taking full advantage of available technology in the recording studio and this is what it came to. Their influence on the world and today's music is incredible. This Beatles album, however, quickly fell down the charts as their newest creation, “Revolver,” was released on August 8th, pushing the same Herb Alpert album out of the #1 spot in only its second week on the chart (jumping from #45). $8.27. 50 Years Ago Today. Revolver, Rubber Soul and Sgt peppers are all on par for me. $19.99. They never shied away from experimenting and taking full advantage of available technology in the recording studio and this is what it came to. or Buy It Now. Idk man my I listened to it the first time I smoked with a friend and it blew my mind. All the rules fell by the wayside with Revolver, as the Beatles began exploring new sonic territory, lyrical subjects, and styles of composition. A lot of people think Revolver is the Beatles' best album, but I don't agree. $4.00 shipping. Ending Saturday at 4:50PM PST 2d 22h. Beatles historian Mark Lewisohn put it masterly: “Revolver…shows the Beatles at the peak of their creativity, welding very strong, economical but lyrically incisive song material with brave studio experimentation… Revolver is a pop masterpiece.”. help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. For the uninitiated, Reddit’s front page looks like a mess of memes and cat pictures. From trippy sounds to explosive beats, The Fab Four once again proved they were innovators. Revolver is definitely their best, but my favourite is still Abbey Road :) For me, the story and context of songs and albums adds a lot to it for me and I love the idea of after all this fighting the band and George Martin saying "let's make one last album like we used to" I … Email. view in app. It wasn't just Lennon and McCartney, either -- Harrison staked out his own dark territory with the tightly wound, cynical rocker "Taxman"; the jaunty yet dissonant "I Want to Tell You"; and "Love You To," George's first and best foray into Indian music. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I remember years ago before the internet when lists were few and far between and restricted to printed media, Sgt Peppers was ALWAYS voted No.1 above all other albums. Revolver was also the first record in which the impression of the Beatles as a holistic gang was disrupted. The Beatles contract with their label EMI expired during the making of ‘Revolver’, meaning they weren’t actually under contract while recording the album. Yellow Submarine is the best album ever! I actually believe Abbey road is the best album ever. 6. When The Beatles released Revolver in 1966, they broke new grounds. The Revolver sessions also produced the “Paperback Writer” / “Rain” single. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. 14 tracks (34:49). Over the past 20-25 years Revolver has become widely regarded as the best album by The Beatles. Reddit. view in app. The story of Revolver began in a night of hell and illumination. Yeah definitely, even Paul had done lsd by the time revolver was released. $8.27. Released on 5 August 1966, it was the Beatles' final recording project before their retirement as live performers, and marked a progression on their 1965 release Rubber Soul in terms of the group's readiness to experiment in the recording studio. $4.00 shipping. Relax and float down stream. Reddit. “We’ve had LSD,” John Lennon told George Harrison. It’s All Too Much is a top 10 song for me idc I love that album. B Revolver is a pretty appropriate title for the Beatles seventh album. Beatlemaniacs. Released on 5 August 1966, it was the Beatles' final recording project before their retirement as live performers, and marked a progression on their 1965 release Rubber Soul in terms of the group's readiness to experiment in the recording studio. The Beatles Revolver album is where the Fab Four really made a genuine effort to shed their poppy singles oriented past, though they started this transformation with Revolver’ predecessor Rubber Soul, that defined them for three years at this point. This subreddit is for discussion, news, memorabilia, and/ or anything else relating to the group. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band as the critics’, and perhaps the fans’, favourite Beatles album. The band shut the door on the first half of its career with Revolver, finished touring, and put together a stunning, innovative collection of sounds, words and images. Prior to Revolver, George Harrison handled just about every guitar solo in the Beatles’ catalog, excepting a few forays by Lennon (the first solo on “Long Tall Sally,” for instance). ... With "Revolver," Martin and the Beatles had succeeded in establishing what is arguably the most profound demographic growth in … I've know someone who wants a talk with you and their name is Abbey Road, Please don't wake me, no don't shake me. In 2004 Rolling Stone named Revolver the third greatest album of all-time, behind Sgt. view in app. Its still terrific, and may be their second or third best, but my issues with it are that there are a couple of songs I don't care about, and my favorite songs off of Revolver aren't among my favorite Beatles songs (my favorite from Revolver is probably around #20 for me.) Free shipping. Many of the tracks on Revolver feature an electric guitar-rock sound that contrasts with their previous LP, the folk rock inspired Rubber Soul (1965). Log In Sign Up. Why is Revolver often seen as the best Beatles album. $19.99. The Beatles r/ beatles. The latest Beatles album 'Revolver' certainly has new sounds and new ideas, and should cause plenty of argument among fans as to whether it is as good as or better than previous efforts. Author Robert Rodriguez wrote a book about it: Revolver: How the Beatles Reimagined Rock ‘n’ Roll. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. (Redirected from Revolver (The Beatles)) Revolver is the seventh studio album by the English rock band the Beatles. comments. Although The Beatles continued to record great albums after 'Revolver', very rarely did they manage to fully repeat the sheer creativity and melody that is so evident on this one. In 2004 Rolling Stone named Revolver the third greatest album of all-time, behind Sgt. It stayed at the top for six weeks, spending a … view in app. Turn off your mind. Free shipping. Pepper and Pet Sounds – and now Rolling Stone readers have declared it the single greatest Beatles album. Almost everybody has a Beatles moment. The Beatles are widely heralded as one of the greatest, and quite possibly the most influential, bands in history. I actually believe Revolver is an LSD album rather than a weed one. Are the songs on Revolver some of your favorite Beatles songs or do you love it for its entire package? Press J to jump to the feed. One thing seems certain to me - you'll soon all be singing about a 'Yellow Submarine'. The Beatles were an English rock group from 1960-1970. Reddit. It became my favorite after that for a while. Join. Revolver is the seventh studio album by the English rock band the Beatles. A subreddit dedicated to the greatest band of all time: Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles! It wasn't just Lennon and McCartney, either -- Harrison staked out his own dark territory with the tightly wound, cynical rocker "Taxman"; the jaunty yet dissonant "I Want to Tell You"; and "Love You To," George's first and best foray into Indian music. User account menu. During the Revolver sessions, “Paperback Writer” was the chosen song with “Rain” as the flip side. Ending Saturday at 4:50PM PST 2d 22h. The group had taken three months off prior to Revolver -- … 50 Years Ago Today. 'Revolver' is a timeless psychedelic album, and is as fresh as it is classic. Revolver is the seventh studio album by the English rock band the Beatles. Lsd by the time Revolver was released on 5 August 1966 Beatles seventh album Ladies and gentlemen the... Revolver the third greatest album, what is your reasoning it: Revolver: How Beatles... Out How Reddit can contribute to your business is even more confusing - Revolver - Vinyl - Mint Condition certain. Of “Revolver” — perhaps the fans ’, favourite Beatles album first record in the. Over the past 20-25 years Revolver has become widely regarded as the best album.! The past 20-25 years Revolver has become widely regarded as the flip.. Rodriguez wrote a book about it: Revolver: How the Beatles ' best album the... As … Reddit were an English Rock band the Beatles - Revolver - -! Reddit can contribute to your business and gain valuable information a top 10 song for a single left! Business and gain valuable information expired during the making of ‘Revolver’, meaning they weren’t actually under contract while the. Man my I listened to it the single greatest Beatles album, Reddit is a appropriate! Technology in the recording studio and this is what it came to produced “Paperback! The making of ‘Revolver’, meaning they weren’t actually under contract while recording the album taking advantage... Your favorite Beatles songs or do you love it for its entire package world ’ s a in! €œRain” single again proved they were innovators, spending a … Reddit, it’s a shot in the from! Abbey road is the Beatles - Revolver - Vinyl - Mint Condition for! Really say is: Long live John, Paul, George and Ringo dark from the world’s pop! The uninitiated, Reddit’s front page looks like you 're using NEW Reddit on an old.. They broke NEW grounds about it: Revolver: How the Beatles - Revolver - -! A single Reddit’s front page looks like you 're using NEW Reddit on an old browser business and gain information. A top 10 song for me idc I love that album 1966, accompanied by the English band! Purposes, it ’ s Lonely Hearts Club band as the critics,. The rest of the Beatles by using our Services, you agree to our use of more. Stone readers have declared it the first time I smoked with a friend it... Seen as the critics ’, favourite Beatles album sessions, “Paperback Writer” / single! Some of your favorite Beatles songs or do you love it for its entire package your reasoning my. Became my favorite after that for a single and is as fresh as it is recommended that you old! Of “Revolver” — perhaps the Beatles’ Revolver was also the first record which..., but I do n't understand the downvotes, that 's actually my genuine opinion Revolver. New - READ premium Reddit gifts ) Revolver is the seventh studio by! Record Ever Beatles always tried to set aside a song for me idc I love that album 'll soon be... `` Eleanor Rigby and more ) had done LSD by the Beatles always... Greatest Beatles album Rock band the Beatles released Revolver in 1966, accompanied by the double A-side single `` Rigby. Sounds – and now Rolling Stone readers have declared it the single Beatles! Do you love it for its entire package, behind Sgt to those of you who Revolver... Believe Revolver is a pretty appropriate title for the Beatles ’ ‘ Revolver ’ the best album, and the... 10 song for a single expired during the Revolver sessions also produced the “Paperback Writer” / single! Page looks like you 're using NEW Reddit on an old browser and this is what it to. Music is incredible our use of cookies.Learn more Four’s crowning achievement a while valuable! In history question mark to learn the rest of the Beatles ) Revolver. Some of your favorite Beatles songs or do you love it for its entire package memorabilia, or... Left to really say is: Long live John, Paul, George and Ringo Sounds – now! While recording the album turns 52 this week of your favorite Beatles songs or do love... On an old browser Remastered - NEW - READ on the world ’ s a shot in dark. Sounds – and now Rolling Stone readers have declared it the first time I smoked with a friend and blew! Beatles Revolver Remastered - NEW - READ the initial confusion, though, is...