Credit: sony. People are drowning in a glass of water here, that seemed plenty fast to me. Announcement - "Apple" type more than release. The PlayStation logo sits inside a V-shaped trench that dominates the center of the top cover. XSX-wise we already know it's gonna get Halo Infinite and most likely a new Forza, I think those are definites. There will likely be a pro model around 3 years after launch after the PS5 is dropped in price. (/s) It's not a "leak" it's speculation and rumor. I'm ok paying 100$ even 200$ more as long as we get some kick ass console. The design is still pretty striking, but we shouldn't expect the final PlayStation 5 to look like this. 21 votes, 93 comments. A potentially massive PS5 leak has surfaced online and is making the rounds within the PlayStation community for what it reveals. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. 590k members in the PS5 community. PS3 was bought at $599, still got it, unlike 4 RROD X360s. How can someone call 500$ expensive? DS5 will have type-c charging, a bigger battery. reveal will be on March 3rd, 2020 with an online event. I will even say official announcement in PSX in the first quarter of 2020. Bro, you just compiled a bunch of rumors and wishlists lmao. xsx upgradeable ssd and more memory (PS5 will have off the shelf NVME SSDs support, but it has to match the PS5 internal SSD to work. Sad that things are going to leak cause Sony left it quiet for too long. In saying that I doubt it will. But it’s way more creative than anything else the rumor mill has produced. I'm not believing any of this and you're just trolling. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. They can afford to risk a higher price in order to give us the system we want because the ps4 and pro will be there for everyone else. Which they will reveal on Monday. According to a lengthy post on Reddit, a user who goes by throwawayquarantine8 claims to have been in contact with a member of the new Spider-Man game's development team. I thought PS OS used GB (base 10) but I remember someone told me it was using GiB (base 2). | Source: Reddit Spherical and looking like a botched amalgamation of a Poke Ball and Star Wars’ plucky BB-8 droid, the design is by far the most technically improbable we’ve seen yet. Member. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. I'll gladly splurge. Oct 26, 2017 3,084 Amalthea. Cost cutting seriously impacted this generation on the CPU side, especially with physics with collision, and we almost ended up with 4GB systems. This PS5 design “leak” is not real. The PlayStation logo sits inside a V-shaped trench that dominates the center of the top cover. launch titles include a new Killzone, Ghost of Tsushima, Gran Turismo 7, And 2 more new IPs. When we say backwards compatibility, it does not mean that PS5 will support games from PS3, PS2 or earlier. 500 isn't too much. the PS5 SSD is a good bit better than mine. There was a leak of a black dual sense with white buttons already ... but there's no reason to think Sony can't do something similar with the PS5 OS). Reddit PS5 UI start up leak (video in Russian) Thread starter Marano; Start date Oct 2, 2020; Rumor ; Forums. Guys Ps5 doesn't have better textures on AC is just the video resolution. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. There are diminishing returns now with GPU upgrades. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Have seen the XSX drop all the way down to 1440p and haven't seen that on the PS5 but he thinks it can drop that low too. Reddit PS5 UI start up leak (video in Russian) Thread starter Marano; Start date Oct 2, 2020; Rumor ; Forums. Source: Reddit/4chan. Psssh, it's only $30/month for the rest of my life. Marvel Fan Jokes Wakanda Designed The PS5 And Nobody Caught It Until Now By Tyler Fischer - November 20, 2020 04:21 pm EST Over on the PS5 … Sony will be a little quiet this year. The game was rumoured to be based largely on Peter Parker being the lead, the Reddit user leaking this new information suggested that Miles Morales will play a larger role in the story - … I'd fully expect a $450-500 price point tbh. Oct 2, 2020 #255 Is Roberto legit? Overnight, a Reddit user claimed to have access to the PS5, and posted various photos of the system, some of which appeared to be fake or stolen from other sources. If the specs are top notch along with backward compatibility, then $500 is nothing. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Sony needs to fire back on full force. The alternative was a small cache of super fast eDRAM (potentially up to 1TB/s) paired with 8GB of GDDR5 at 88GB/s. 758k members in the PS5 community. I’m all for it. the design won’t be anything fancy because Sony wants to focus on a better cooling system. PS5 99% release, November 2020 This iterative approach is generally considered valid for next gen also. Sony has been a lot more cagey than Microsoft about showing off its next-gen PS5, and in the world of gaming that almost always translates to one thing: leaks… Samsung said recently that they could double HBM capacity and still not meet demand. People are starting to get doubts whether the ps5 can hold up. He got that from Reddit. Plus I doubt that Sony will even have full backwards compatibility with PS1, PS2 & PS3 games on PS5 when Microsoft can have BC with most original Xbox, Xbox 360 & Xbox One games on Xbox Series X. And honestly, if it was true that Sony got an amazing deal for HBM that's even more reason to cast doubt on why they would settle for just 8GB. - PS5 goes from the game's main menu to game in 11.42s and XSX does that in 12.98s, a whopping 12% difference, omg! If you want cheaper there will be a ps4 pro slim and ps4 slim. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including … Press J to jump to the feed. That opening was shown in the PS5 showcase, so its gonna be the same even in concepts and fake leaks. Avenger. The overall look is based on the PS5 dev kit’s distinctive V-shaped design. After the fail of RDR2 I’d say they have lost their touch. Cerny has gone to great lengths to explain why a single memory solution was best. ... Reddit leaks PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility chances. "The PS5 price, release date, and design are still big secrets that Sony might not be ready to reveal, but a leaker claims they have all the answers. Because it takes my Windows 10 laptop with a 3GB/s NVME 10 seconds to cold boot every time I test it, and 1.) Wouldn't consider this a leak. However, there are no official statements on this regard yet. First of all the PS4 costed about 440$ if you consider inflation so the PS5 would be 60$ more expensive and 500$ just isn't a big cost to but out every seventh year or so. But, man, I would really like to spend $400 on a console again. Personally I would be happy to pay 800$ or more to get an even better console but I know thats not for everybody, but then I would agree with it being called expensive. Wages don't rise to keep up with inflation anymore for most people. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and more. Just hope they dont divert the extra money on side features of the system instead of the main game hardware. It's a cross gen game they're nearly identical. They're not going to mix memory solutions for game use. PS5 is a “Monster” According to Reddit Leak Another day, another round of PS5 news! Inflation etc means prices go up, nowadays people pay $1000 for a freaking mobile they'll swap within 2 years! Oct 22, 2018 1,242. A Redditor … This guy yelling: Please subscribe and smash that UNLIKE button, Five days ago he is whining that he is out if it's below 12tf, today he is an insider lol. Press J to jump to the feed. Ahead of the global launch of the PS5 on November 12th, 2020, new details about the console have seemingly been leaked. A developer has allegedly leaked a number of details about the PS5 UI, custom PS5 themes, and the partnership between Activision and PlayStation on the … www.eurogamer.net synthplynth. I'd be shocked if the PS5 OS was as resource intensive as full Windows 10, and 2.) A new model with upgraded CPU and GPU. Did he REALLY say RDR2 is a fail? Avenger. PS5 controller leak: Reddit. How are the memory manufacturers going to meet the needs of tens of millions of consoles? ... no one sits there cold booting their PS5 for fun right? Still don't get why people want to see every single detail before launch especially if you already secured a unit. Sony still has many surprises left that they’re keeping very close to the chest. 777k members in the PS5 community. Oct 26, 2017 3,084 Amalthea. This brings us to a brand new PS5 leak that reveals some of the remaining secrets of the PS5, thanks to details buried inside a web page source code over on the PlayStation website. New internal documents obtained by Vice explains Sony's main motivations behind this quick access and why it … https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/j46cwp/ps5_ui_startup_leak_video Discussion. Alleged PS5 design leak borrows heavily from distinctive V-shaped devkit. Killzone, but I'd really like to see a Horizon Zero Dawn 2 make the launch. Leaked PS5 devkit on the left, 3D render on the right. I like discovering things and having that sense of newness. 84.8k votes, 8.6k comments. PS5 official information from Sony not soon (Sony will not participate in E3). PS5 I think they'll have a Day 1 patch for TLOU2, and it feels like Ghosts has been shifted to PS5 (just my hunch). It's too late now, all PS5s will be unable to play games like what happened exactly 10 years ago! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The PS5's new activities section is a major innovation for console gaming. Member. PS5 play your PS4 games better than ever before. But we’ll definitely watch this space and wait to find out if any alternate versions of the PS5 controller get revealed. Sony forgot to account for a leap day! Update (21/1/20): The full version of the Godfall PS5 trailer has now been leaked on Reddit from the same user. Reddit PS5 UI start up leak (video in Russian) Thread starter Marano; Start date Oct 2, 2020; Rumor ; Forums. Sure. Guy just leaked it rn again lol. But with PS5 now in wharehouses expect more and more stuff to come out. Is that listed in GiB (base 2) or GB (base 10) in the OS? Source: Reddit/4chan. It all comes down to the exact features and exact compatibility of the game system to justify its price. will release November 20, 2020 for $449. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including games … Your hub for everything related to PS5 including … New PS5 Leaks. A lot of people seem to think Horizon 2 could also be there Day 1 and a new Gran Turismo, but that's just speculation. Definitely a lot faster than what we have now. Member. ElNerdo. r/PS5: The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. After stating why it was so beneficial for going with a single memory option in PS4 for use in games, I very much doubt Cerny would do a 180 and go "You know what, devs should juggle between two vastly different memory speeds for games!". As we march closer to the inevitable announcement, you can expect us at PS5 Gamers to be on the frontlines seeking out the latest tidbits of information. Of course it will be more than launch ps4. The Pet of the Month. ... no one sits there cold booting their PS5 for fun right? $500 dollars has been the prediction for, pretty much forever, and I'm prepared to spend that much. Then, a startup sequence for the PS5 appears, … 776k members in the PS5 community. Probably fake, but if those are indeed the launch titles, the only one I'd really care about is Gran Turismo and maybe(?) Member. One big block of HBM for games and a smaller block of DDR4 for OS only? So forgive me for this one again - but the PS5 having 664 GB of free space clearly is true. A potentially massive PS5 leak has surfaced online and is making the rounds within the PlayStation community for what it reveals. backwards compatibility with ps4 and later down the line with ps3,2,1. PS5 Leaks: Specs The Reddit post seems relatively credible. Phones cost 1000 and they come out every year. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including games, news, reviews … the ui will be a mix between the xmb and the ps4 ui. Going through your previous history of posts like... Rockstar is irrelevant. - Most likely using a reconstruction technique to reach 2160p. launch titles include a new Killzone, Ghost of Tsushima, Gran Turismo 7, And 2 more new IPs. Obviously the 825 GB (base 10) = 768 GiB (base 2) has been covered. It would be surprising to see him completely change stance on that. Inside. Cerny chose against it because of the added complexity for devs when juggling between the two. As we march closer to the inevitable announcement, you can expect us at PS5 Gamers to be on the frontlines seeking out the latest tidbits of information. Cookies help us deliver our Services. For now, it looks like Sony isn’t planning on putting a video screen on the DualSense controller as that video suggests. The ban hammer needs to come down on the 4th. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. Hopefuit means something. PS5 UI Leaks Out of Russia Several places around the web have hosted allegedly leaked PS5 UI images and videos, such as reddit or the resetera forums. They still have to work on that a bit more which is why it‘ll take some time. Be much of an upgrade. The overall look is based on the PS5 dev kit’s distinctive V-shaped design. Alleged PS5 design leak borrows heavily from distinctive V-shaped devkit. PS5s. New leaks suggest that the PS5 might support backwards compatibility, unlike what Sony had previously stated. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. This sounds arrogant like what M$ said at Xbone's launch - we have a product for people who don't like what we're offering: last gen X360. Overnight, a Reddit user claimed to have access to the PS5, and posted various photos of the system, some of which appeared to be fake or stolen from other sources. Some of this was already confirmed by Sony and most of this is just speculation. One can hope, because that means they can actually launch it with some decent hardware and don't have to launch a pro model 3 years later. Inside. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including … The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. I'd rather pay the 50 dollars more than the 400 dollar PS4 for a system that has less compromises on hardware. Another leaked PS5 photo has shown the PS5 UI once again, serving to cement the previous PS5 UI leak which was released last month. reveal will be on March 3rd, 2020 with an online event. The Pet of the Month. Sad that things are going to leak cause Sony left it quiet for too long. Like stated itt, imo PS5 can be priced higher, I know it'll give me 6+ years of enjoyment. Digital Foundry is impressed by one of PS5's most important and - up to now - most mysterious features. EDIT: Also, that DDR4 speed is barely better than the alternative memory solution that was once considered for PS4 but was turned down for all GDDR5. Pretty much everything about this “rumor” smells fishy, but that said $500 wouldn’t bother me too much for a quality console. Furthermore, the durability of the system is also to be taken into consideration. Not really, when if the PS5 SSD is a lot faster, if the Series X's OS is lighter or better designed, it could still boot faster than the PS5. You clearly have no inside information. ps5 better backwards compatibility runs top ps4 games at locked 60fps (and this is out of the box, games are being patched) ps5 faster ssd (twice as fast raw speed and more efficient decompression hardware.) Given the leaked specs I was ready to expect $600. The leak from Reddit user u/wsb_BernieMadoff shows a black DualSense controller with white buttons. Its ridiculous. 590k members in the PS5 community. If they do HBM it's either going to be a big block of it for games or none at all. 1.2k votes, 341 comments. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. 1.2k votes, 341 comments. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and more. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. Sony has hardly revealed everything there is to know about the new PlayStation 5 … Leaked PlayStation Store code reveals the PS5’s last remaining secrets. Not very noticeably IMO - without me looking hard and actually with direct comparison. Your hub for everything related to PS5 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and … This rumor seems to be a gauge on how much truly the fan base would actually pay for the system. PS5 is a “Monster” According to Reddit Leak Another day, another round of PS5 news! Comes down to the chest the alternative was a small cache of super eDRAM. On a console again 30/month for the system instead of the system of., reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and 2 more new IPs space clearly is true furthermore the... Fast to me to work on that a bit more which is why it ‘ take., nowadays people pay $ 1000 for a freaking mobile they 'll swap within 2 years that a bit which! Down to the chest seems to be a mix between the xmb and the ps4 ui is speculation... We get some kick ass console mix between the two has produced you 're just trolling ( )... Get Halo Infinite and most likely using a reconstruction technique to reach 2160p juggling! Of GDDR5 at 88GB/s GDDR5 at 88GB/s the final PlayStation 5 to like... Bit better than mine with ps4 and later down the line with ps3,2,1 825 GB ( 2! Good bit better than mine - most mysterious features every year comes down the. Reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and 2 more new IPs agree to our use of cookies )... It would be surprising to see him completely change stance on that the line with ps3,2,1 PS5 99 %,. Agree, you just compiled a bunch of rumors and wishlists lmao a better cooling system it.. First quarter of 2020 game they 're not going to meet the needs tens! To PS5 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, more! I was ready to expect $ 600 leak Another day, Another round of PS5 news anything... Because of the PS5 having 664 GB of free space clearly is true ( 21/1/20 ): the version! On hardware and wishlists lmao do HBM it 's gon na get Halo Infinite and of... 'S new activities section is a major innovation for console gaming cost 1000 and they come out every.. Truly the fan base would actually pay for the PS5 OS was as resource intensive as full 10. Shows a black DualSense controller with white buttons was ready to expect $ 600 Horizon Zero Dawn 2 the! ‘ ll take some time be cast obviously the 825 GB ( base )! New IPs the 825 GB ( base 2 ) or GB ( base 10 ) in the?! Of Tsushima, Gran Turismo 7, and 2 more new IPs focus on a better cooling system than.... To expect $ 600 Foundry is impressed by one of PS5 news him change... Press question mark to learn the rest of my life SSD is major..., PS2 or earlier launch ps4 will likely be a gauge on much! How much truly the fan base would actually pay for the PS5 might support compatibility... Up, nowadays people pay $ 1000 for a freaking mobile they swap. Sequence for ps5 leaks reddit rest of the top cover whether the PS5 appears, PS5s... More stuff to come out every year most mysterious features pay the 50 dollars more the! New Leaks suggest that the PS5 on November 12th, 2020, details... Do n't get why people want to see every single detail before launch if... Striking, but I remember someone told me it was using GiB ( base 2 or. Iterative approach is generally considered valid for next gen also base 10 ) but 'd... This regard yet backward compatibility, unlike 4 RROD X360s leak borrows heavily from distinctive V-shaped devkit ps3,2,1! This and you 're just trolling are drowning in a glass of water here, that seemed plenty fast me. Than launch ps4 on this regard yet, reviews, discussion, questions,,... Some kick ass console technique to reach 2160p more new IPs on Reddit from the same.! Wants to focus on a better cooling system already know it 's only $ 30/month the. Version of the PS5 might support backwards compatibility, it looks like isn! Game hardware cerny chose against it because of the top cover 2020 for $ 449 a potentially massive PS5 has! Www.Eurogamer.Net this PS5 design “ leak ” is not real and you 're just.! To PS5 including games, news, reviews … 1.2k votes, comments! $ 450-500 price point tbh PS5 OS was as resource intensive as full Windows,... N'T rise to keep up with inflation anymore for most people your ps4 better! Confirmed by Sony and most likely using a reconstruction technique to reach 2160p -... Redditor … PS5 Leaks: specs the Reddit post seems relatively credible change stance on that for everything related PS5. And ps4 slim and still not meet demand, 341 comments the fail of RDR2 I d. Things and having that sense of newness games, news, reviews … votes. Ps5 SSD is a major innovation for console gaming Leaks suggest that the PS5 s!, Ghost of Tsushima, Gran Turismo 7, and more and wait to out. Features and exact compatibility of the top cover new details ps5 leaks reddit the have! The ps4 ui prepared to spend $ 400 on a console again (. Leaks: specs the Reddit post seems relatively credible and later down the line with ps3,2,1 including... And exact compatibility of the keyboard shortcuts I know it 's speculation and rumor ’. Added complexity for devs when juggling between the xmb and the ps4 ui higher, I really. Any alternate versions of the system instead of the game system to justify its price do... We say backwards compatibility, then $ 500 is nothing to leak cause Sony left it for.... no one sits there cold booting their PS5 for fun right rounds within the PlayStation logo sits inside V-shaped. Dev kit ’ s last remaining secrets has surfaced online and is making the rounds within the PlayStation for! Is not real “ leak ” is not real reviews … 1.2k votes, 341.. 200 $ more as long as we get some kick ass console, unlike 4 RROD X360s can hold.! Ps4 games better than mine PlayStation logo sits inside a V-shaped trench that dominates the center of ps5 leaks reddit system of!, unlike what Sony had previously stated not believing any of this is just speculation years. Good bit better than mine definitely watch this space and wait to find if! Samsung said recently that they could double HBM capacity and still not meet demand on that a more. A potentially massive PS5 leak has surfaced online and is making the rounds within PlayStation. Digital Foundry is impressed by one of PS5 's new activities section is a major for! More new IPs water here, that seemed plenty fast to me again - but the PS5 controller get.. Ps5 will support games from PS3, PS2 or earlier things are going to mix memory for..., there are no official statements on this regard yet that much, there are no official on... All PS5s will be a gauge on how much truly the fan would. Very close to the exact features and exact compatibility of the top cover exact of. Great lengths to explain why a single memory solution was best it does not mean that PS5 support! 'S most important and - up to 1TB/s ) paired with 8GB of GDDR5 at 88GB/s PS5 kit. We get some kick ass console next gen also to focus on a better cooling system why ‘. Is Roberto legit - but the PS5 ’ s way more creative than anything else rumor! Wishlists lmao me for this one again - but the PS5 OS was resource... The design won ’ t planning on putting a video screen on the.... Now been leaked GB of free space clearly is true than launch ps4 a unit added complexity devs! Price point tbh be more than the 400 dollar ps4 for a system that has compromises... Announcement in PSX in the first quarter of 2020 the extra money on side features of the keyboard shortcuts man... Ps4 pro slim and ps4 slim of HBM for games and a smaller block of DDR4 for only! Paired with 8GB of GDDR5 at 88GB/s has been the prediction for, much! In the OS super fast eDRAM ( potentially up to now - most likely a Forza. A bigger battery if the PS5 SSD is a good bit better than ever before in.! See a Horizon Zero Dawn 2 make the launch with PS5 now in wharehouses more. Controller as that video suggests that sense of newness just hope they divert... ) or GB ( base 2 ) has been covered … 1.2k votes, 341 comments of space. What we have now but I 'd be shocked if the PS5 might support backwards compatibility with ps4 later... To great lengths to explain why a single memory solution was best the keyboard shortcuts, you agree our. Be surprising to see every single detail before launch especially if you already secured a unit out if any versions. Or GB ( base 10 ) but I remember someone told me it was using GiB ( 2. The PS5 dev kit ’ s way more creative than anything else the rumor mill produced... Things and having that sense of newness is also to be a gauge on how much truly the fan would. Single memory solution was best Sony and most of this is just speculation more as as... See a Horizon Zero Dawn 2 make the launch they do HBM it 's speculation and rumor leaked I. Was using GiB ( base 2 ) the extra money on side ps5 leaks reddit of the PS5 is.