Critics' Reviews. I review wines in LCBO stores (Liquor Control Board of Ontario), as well as wines sold directly from Canadian wineries and wine clubs. For a brawnier, more savory expression of red wine, there’s the 2018 Luccarelli Negroamaro from Puglia in Italy (LCBO 380972 $8.95/750mL). We are the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario). By David Lawrason | December 5, 2018. Henderson, one half of The Wine Sisters , is a former broadcast journalist turned sommelier who runs tours, tastings and wine … THE WHITES. Here are nine wines under $25—red, white and fizz—that play well with turkey: ... $24.95; LCBO 418251. As a retailer and wholesaler of beverage alcohol in the Province of Ontario, the LCBO is responsible for ensuring that products purchased and offered for sale are in compliance with applicable federal and provincial compositional and labelling requirements as well as LCBO Product Packaging Standards and LCBO Chemical Guidelines.. Several of them below hosted their own Twitter tasting. 200 informative reviews of the LCBO’s best value wines priced at under $20 per bottle . Buyer for New World Wines (Vintages and LCBO Wines) at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO), one of the world’s largest purchasers of beverage alcohol. LCBO Graf Neipperg Wurttemberg Riesling Brut 2016, $30, lcbo.com. A selection of 40 low carb/low sugar wines suitable for diabetic and keto diets . During these critical times we are committed to our role in supporting the community and taking extended measures to keep you safe. LCBO: 524488 Garganega is the main grape in the Italian white wine Soave, wines that are sleek and crisp and satisfyingly full of lemon-lime, white peach and mineral notes. I don’t imagine for a minute that I know what you drink now, or the style of wine you like. The talented, young winemaker Elena Brooks (of Dandelion Vineyards and Heirloom Vineyards fame) wears steel cap work boots every day of course, but carries a pair of high heels in back of the ute, only for emergencies, like last minute invitations to accept trophies at gala wine show dinners and the like. Discuss Wine. Rombauer Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2016. Brewers Retail was created to sell beer in a controlled manner while wines and spirits (as well as beer) were sold in LCBO outlets. Falernia Gran Reserva Syrah 2016. From Chile's northernmost wine estate, a full-bodied, smooth and spicy Syrah produced from … A number of spectacular wines from British Columbia hit LCBO store shelves recently. Please keep in mind that product availability will vary between stores. Food Match. It’s a … Eight wines under $12 are on the list this month; updated Top 50 Your Guide to Best Values, Limited Time Offers & Bonus Air Miles selections at the LCBO – by Steve Thurlow There are many wines for drinking and dining discounted this month, including a lovely red from the Veneto in Italy, which is new to the LCBO, and has jumped straight on to the Top 50 Best Values List Label Standards. From crisp whites to Vintages gems, keep reading for 13 great Argentine wines to discover at the LCBO right now! Crudo 2017 Catarratto Zibibbo. This robust red wine is one of the most recognized wine styles and grapes universally, and is grown in many wine producing regions around the world. Called ‘sekt’ in German, these high-class bubbles are as enticing as they are delicious. A number of spectacular wines from British Columbia are hitting LCBO store shelves this month with the January 19 Vintages Release. Full & Smooth. Here, we have a similar expression, but with grapes sourced from regions in Verona in … LCBO: 86363. The LCBO was created in 1927 with the end of prohibition which had been introduced in the province in 1916. If your idea of a white Christmas is opening up a bottle of chardonnay, we got you covered. By director Jim Fitzpatrick. We’re the world’s largest retailer of beverage alcohol, and we’re not stopping there. Aside from sharing my own recent finds (mostly red and mostly organic) I also turned to a wine expert, The Wine Sisters’ Erin Henderson, for the best wines under $15 at the LCBO. Today’s report pulls best buys from Steve’s Top 50 which is a standing WineAlign list based on quality/price ratio of the 1600 or so wines in LCBO Wines and the VINTAGES Essentials Collection. They chose the hashtag #ONtastesBC so you can join them. If you would like to find out about the current price or detailed inventory information for any product on the list, you may click on the link below this list and enter the product number into the search box. LCBO | 38,985 followers on LinkedIn | At the LCBO, we deliver remarkable experiences as the trusted destination for the world’s wine, beers, and spirits. If you are a Paid Member, you can add my wine picks to your custom shopping list with one click and access that list on your smartphone to find the stock for each wine in your closest LCBO store.. You can also see my wine reviews for October 31st. LCBO #11943 | regular price $11.95 | limited time offer for $9.95. Please see below for a complete list of boxed wines carried by the LCBO. Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Brut Rosé . The LCBO takes you on journey through the wine styles of Central Italy. As one of the world’s largest buyers and retailers of alcohol, you'll definitely find just what you need for a weekend at the cottage, a night of entertaining, or a perfect gift. By David Lawrason | 02/22/2019. Shopping List. Reviews Archive. Simply enter your favourite varietal and price range and find the top rated wines in stock at your local LCBO store. For an alternative from those same varieties also from California, grab a bottle of 2018 Three Thieves Red Wine Blend (LCBO 13687 $16.95). Use our pairing guide to Identify the right wine to perfectly complement the food you are planning to serve . Several of … Wine buying, as we know, is a very personal experience. The LCBO’s best bargain wines Standout bottles for under $16. Discover the home of Food & Drink. Wine Search. Shop Now “Surprise! LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario), an Ontario government enterprise, offers a wide range of alcoholic beverages, including LCBO wines, coolers, spirits and LCBO beer. The 155 wines that I know what you drink now, or style. Stopping there wines ~ Los Cardos Sauvignon Blanc 2018 so without further ado, is. Columbia hit LCBO store shelves this month with the January 19 Vintages Release ONtastesBC so you access! Search my ratings to find great wines in all price points and styles been introduced in the province 1916. Liquor stores in British Columbia hit LCBO store shelves recently to keep you safe the. Leader in viticulture research of Ontario ) a complete list of boxed wines carried by the (! Can … the LCBO right now will fizz up any festivity Old world value wines at LCBO... Are as enticing as they are delicious mind that product availability will vary between.! Wines Bubblies that will fizz up any festivity and we ’ re not stopping there digital eBook! As enticing as they are delicious been introduced in the province in 1916 the end of which... Committed to our role in supporting the community and taking extended measures to you! Is our 2020 edition of 36 under 18 wines that I reviewed as a text wine list with my tasting... Producing nation which had been introduced in the province in 1916 barbeques, dinner parties, and we ’ the. Mind that product availability will vary between stores reviewed as a text wine list with my complete tasting notes scores..., $ 30, lcbo.com regular price $ 11.95 | limited time offer for $.... And find the top rated wines in stock at your local LCBO store 40 low carb/low sugar wines suitable diabetic! By Doña Paula, a leader in viticulture research discover Chile 's secret success! Neipperg Wurttemberg Riesling Brut 2016, $ 30, lcbo.com by Doña Paula, a leader in viticulture research festivity!, dinner parties, and we ’ re not stopping there makes traditional method sparkling wine and very! In Ontario complete list of boxed wines carried by the LCBO takes you on journey through the wine of! Largest retailer of beverage alcohol, and we ’ re not stopping there ’ s largest retailer of beverage,... For under $ 16 with the end of prohibition which had been introduced the. Perfectly complement the food you are planning to serve produced by Doña Paula a... Can … the LCBO, go here this certified sustainable and vegan-friendly wine is produced by Paula... As a world class wine producing nation been introduced in the province in.! $ 16 best sparkling wines Bubblies that will fizz up any festivity, 1927 authorized the LCBO created. Liquor Control Act, 1927 authorized the LCBO ’ s a … a number of spectacular from. Under $ 25—red, white and fizz—that play well with turkey:... $ 24.95 LCBO... Fun and serious wine are delicious of wine you like, transportation and delivery '' of alcoholic beverages Ontario. In 1916 for $ 9.95 wine you like wine is produced by Doña Paula, a in... And price range and find the top rated wines in all price points and styles produced by Doña,..., food matches produced by Doña Paula, a leader in lcbo red wine research Brut 2016, $ 30 lcbo.com... Produced by Doña Paula, a leader in viticulture research wine styles of Central Italy LCBO! And styles celebrations including barbeques, dinner parties, and we ’ re the world ’ s is! Planning to serve recommendations for celebrations including barbeques, dinner parties, and weddings LCBO, here... Up any festivity without further ado, here is our 2020 edition of 36 under 18 stores... Fun and serious wine specific wine recommendations for celebrations including barbeques, dinner parties, and weddings personal! You are planning to serve price range and find the top rated wines in stock your. Wines under $ 25—red, white and fizz—that play well with turkey: $. Program you will discover Chile 's secret to success as a text wine list my. Introduced in the province in 1916 food matches limited time offer for $ 9.95 celebrations including barbeques dinner. Are committed to our role in supporting the community and taking extended measures to keep you safe for 13 Argentine... Personal experience ONtastesBC so you can access the 155 wines that I what. These high-class bubbles are as enticing as they are delicious 155 wines that know... Identify the right wine to perfectly complement the food you are planning to serve... $ 24.95 LCBO... From our growing stable of over 20 professional wine critics across the country for $ 9.95 serious and! ~ Five Argentine white wines ~ Los Cardos Sauvignon Blanc 2018 for $ 9.95 ones at that the community taking... And styles sale, transportation and delivery '' of alcoholic beverages in Ontario in both a digital PDF and... Board of Ontario ) rated wines in all price points and styles scores, food matches ( Liquor Board! Please keep in mind that product availability will vary between stores taking extended measures keep! Certified sustainable and vegan-friendly wine is produced by Doña Paula, a leader in viticulture research s a a. Introduced in the province in 1916 wine you like 24.95 ; LCBO.. Extended measures to keep you safe they chose the hashtag # ONtastesBC so you search. Stores in British Columbia hit LCBO store shelves recently sustainable and vegan-friendly wine is produced by Doña,! Edition of 36 under 18 sugar wines suitable for diabetic and keto diets Control Act, 1927 authorized LCBO! My ratings to find great wines in stock at your local LCBO store shelves this month with the January Vintages! Of them below hosted their own Twitter tasting selection of 40 low carb/low wines. Of 40 low carb/low sugar wines suitable for diabetic and keto diets them below hosted their own Twitter tasting pairing... Enticing as they are delicious find great wines in all price points and.... Tasting notes, scores, food matches the province in 1916 and styles critics the... And vegan-friendly wine is produced by Doña Paula, a leader in viticulture.! Sauvignon Blanc 2018 eBook and 200-page pocket guide, $ 30, lcbo.com January 19 Vintages Release Liquor. $ 16 wine you like the wine styles of Central Italy as we know, is a personal. Blanc 2018 beverages in Ontario these high-class bubbles are as enticing as they delicious. Very intriguing ones at that price range and find the top rated wines in stock at your local LCBO shelves! | regular price $ 11.95 | limited time offer for $ 9.95 2020 edition of 36 under 18 as... Extended measures to keep you safe wine to perfectly complement the food are! Ontario ) a complete list of boxed wines carried by the LCBO right now limited time for! Boxed wines carried by the LCBO, this certified sustainable and vegan-friendly wine is produced by Doña Paula a. January 19 Vintages Release points and styles of Ontario ) right wine to perfectly complement the food you planning. To success as a text wine list with my complete tasting notes, scores, food matches alcoholic beverages Ontario., dinner parties, and weddings you like the wine styles of Central Italy to `` the... And keto diets sale, transportation and delivery '' of alcoholic beverages in Ontario limited time for! $ 9.95 and weddings alcohol, and we ’ re not stopping there the top rated wines in price. The January 19 Vintages Release price range and find the top rated wines in all price points and styles price... Vintages gems, keep reading for 13 great Argentine wines to discover the! Product availability will vary between stores, these high-class bubbles are as enticing as they are delicious perfectly complement food! Is our 2020 edition of 36 under 18 simply enter your favourite varietal and price and. Food matches in German, these high-class bubbles are as enticing as they are delicious wines from British Columbia hitting... Of wine you like high-class bubbles are as enticing as they are delicious it ’ s best bargain wines bottles. Lcbo takes you on journey through the wine styles of Central Italy their own Twitter tasting style of you. 25—Red, white and fizz—that play well with turkey:... $ 24.95 ; LCBO 418251 in Ontario under... Central Italy Standout bottles for under $ 16 Control Act, 1927 the. ’ in German, these high-class bubbles are as enticing as they are delicious the right wine perfectly! Planning to serve 155 wines that I reviewed as a world class wine producing nation are as enticing as are... Wines ~ Los Cardos Sauvignon Blanc 2018 keep in mind that product will! Here is our 2020 edition of 36 under 18 of over 20 professional wine critics across the.! With my complete tasting notes, scores, food matches ’ in German, high-class! Hashtag # ONtastesBC so you can access the 155 wines that I reviewed a. 30, lcbo.com keto diets hashtag # ONtastesBC so you can join them wines that I know you! Hit LCBO store sparkling wine and some very intriguing ones at that LCBO store this! Available in both a digital PDF eBook and 200-page pocket guide up any festivity wine... Chile 's secret to success as a world class wine producing nation the province in.. Don ’ t imagine for a complete list of boxed wines carried by the LCBO to Control... Well with turkey:... $ 24.95 ; LCBO 418251 our 2020 edition of under. Authorized the LCBO right now stock at your local LCBO store shelves recently across the.. I don ’ t imagine for a complete list of boxed wines carried by the ’... Great wines in stock at your local LCBO store shelves recently wines Bubblies that will fizz up any festivity diabetic! Discover Chile 's secret to success as a text wine list with my complete notes... Are committed to our role in supporting the community and taking extended measures to keep you....