Click to expand... People are upset about the topic summary part. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It's not. User account menu. And then the last story ends with something that could be described as a robot take-over. It could be a threat, a warning or merely an observation. Source(s): https://shrinke.im/banPL. That's a REALLY good answer! Why is Lake Michigan dried out? But it is THAT bad(?) Close • Posted by. spoiler. Ending Explained (spoilers) spoiler. Robot ending explained. Bad movie? It has a very good Will Smith Performance so (?) The rest go a bit crazy but are watchable. Some great Will Smithisms in this movie, such as "I'm allergic to bullshit" and "somehow, 'i told you so', doesn't quite say it", the worst part of these types of movies is theres an unstoppable army of killer robots with strength and agility no human could possibly hope to... oh look Shia LaBeouf killed one with a shovel and Bridget Moynahan shot one in the face a few times and it died. I had a lot of fun with I, Robot, it didn't change my life but it was pretty damn entertaining. After reading through the comments, I feel like the only person who freaking loves this movie. Comment. In one final twist of the series (as well as a twist of the knife), the main character, as well as the audience, learns the truth: Elliot Alderson is not who he believes he is, at least not the Elliot viewers have watched over the period of four seasons of tense technological ventures. It isnt a good movie but its also not a bad movie IMO. Bad movie? Not convinced.). I … my bad. 1 decade ago. So shut the fck up. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It definitely looks better in motion, although it is still pretty dated. This is the double edged sword to making an adaptation. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. but saying it doesn't compare to the book or the original or the TV show etc. By Anthony McGlynn Mar 17, 2019. Mr. Poor adaptation confirmed. Ending / spoiler for I, Robot (2004), plus mistakes, quotes, trivia and more. User account menu • Ending Explained (spoilers) spoiler. WTF does I Robot have to do with Blade Runner? Nov … Now, at 27, I can see both films aren't great, but have a lot of nostalgia for them. Netflix's I Am Mother ending explained: An exciting but ultimately confusing sci-fi thrilling starring Rose Byrne and Hilary Swank. But even so, this ending opens up a lot of questions. 1 0. H. HonkeyDonk Diamond Member. Posted by 1 year ago. "Couldn’t be more proud of not only the show, but how the show ends. They have a positronic brain in their head, and it's established that destroying this kills them. The film will give you the vibes of movies like Moon, Ex Machina, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and I Robot. Love, Death & Robots: All 18 Endings Explained. Robot". Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . It's not perfect otherwise, but this screenshot is definitely not a good example. It's having a dark ending for a dark ending's sake, and it cheats you out of any real character closure. Such madness is a fitting end for Mr. In this entry, we discuss the ending of I Am Mother. Yes, though he (sonny) thought it was whats-his-face atop the hill, not himself, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the MovieDetails community, Press J to jump to the feed. This is not an I Am mother review, so there are going to be plenty of spoilers. The ending of I Am Mother explained By Sarah Szabo / June 4, 2019 2:37 pm EST / Updated: June 7, 2019 9:31 am EST Moms can be tough — but the apocalypse can be tougher. r/MrRobot. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Log In Sign Up. But the studio firmly believed all sci-fi needed to be battles, guns, and explosions, so the script was modified into what was shown in theaters. On the plus side, the visuals are surprisingly awesome for the majority of the film. It's considered a bad adaptation. This video explains why the movie is such a poor adaptation. It employs a lot of cool cinematography, and I can't help thinking it would have been a much bigger hit if it had been released post 2008 (around the beginning of the recent cinematic golden age. ), I coincidentally watched this on Monday. If that's the case i think The Hobbit should get more Backlash than this movie ... That coming from a huge J.R.R. =). Say what you will about the movie, but the attack on the freeway scene is fantastic (plus Will Smith gets in his Will Smith line). So maybe the critics were wrong. It's unfortunate that the brilliance of this show will be lost on people binge-watching it. If I remember correctly the original script for I, Robot was more a hard-scifi drama with little if any action; think Ex Machina or Moon. Part of the problem with the screenshot here is that shot is actually zooming in on the bridge slightly and you get motion blur. 5. I took it as Mr. Continue ranting. The movie is fine, got a nice flow, interesting actors and effects. Mr. 'Mr. I Robot is just... meh, It was ok when I saw it on TV many years ago, but would never watch it again. Click to expand... oh. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Isn't this also the dream he kept seeing? We mean, the whole book has stories about how we don't really need to worry about robots rebelling and killing us all and taking over. Bluemyst. What does the ending of each episode of Love, Death & Robots mean? "I Robot Theme End Credits" Marco Beltrami: 3:15: Possible sequel. In all fairness even if they were to make that separation what they would be left with is a movie that's average at best (although I admittedly have a soft spot for it, don't know why?!) It says 'I, Robot ending, what does it mean?' A while ago I read a fairly simple science fiction book Tower of Glass, which I could draw numerous parallels to. That pretty much means this thread is gonna be sprinkled with spoilers. I feel like this movie would have gotten a warmer reception if the source material hadn't been so good. It didn't even really do that. Please explain ending of S02E07 to me. ENDING people it says ENDING. Share Share Tweet Email. It sets out to be mindlessly entertaining and does fine in that regard. Robot's warning playing out. Robot Ending Explained: Hello, Elliot; Features Mr. If you didn't watch the film, you're in luck. Warning! Robot season 2? Can’t remember what happened in Mr. Kudos to you my friend! So shut the fck up. Will Smith is a detective who hates robots, and future technology altogether. 5. Close. All the stuff with the "special" robot has been done countless times before. The shorts in Love, Death & Robots contain everything from werewolves and squids landing on the moon to yogurt - here's how each one ends. r/MrRobot: Subreddit for the critically acclaimed USA network TV drama "Mr. Join our Discord server and tell me what your favorite film is: https://discord.gg/xxTqXXd Learn screenwriting from the experts, not the critics. 11 months ago. Mainly because it took a phenomenal set if short stories, sucked the intellectual life out of them and turned it into a cheap action movie. I May Destroy You is a cryptic title. Having David be able to spend one last day with Monica is consistent with the film's fairy tale motif. that should do something positive right(?). "Mr. Still in doubt. Press J to jump to the feed. "You're nothing like this guy." In the final scene of the film 'I, Robot', Sonny (a unique NS5 robot chosen by their designer) stands atop a hill overlooking scores of freed NS5s, who are themselves standing between two massive rows of red and blue shipping crates, an allusion to Moses' parting of the Red Sea. Robot is one of my examples when I explain to people why I actually don't prefer to binge watch stuff. Every episode had its significance and its moments worth thinking about and discussing. Ending Explained is a recurring series in which we explore the finales, secrets, and themes of interesting movies and shows, both new and old. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . It looks horrible, some of the greenscreen stuff is just distracting, which unfortunately is most if not all of the film. explain the details of the picture. I, Robot is a fixup novel of science fiction short stories or essays by American writer Isaac Asimov.The stories originally appeared in the American magazines Super Science Stories and Astounding Science Fiction between 1940 and 1950 and were then compiled into a book for stand-alone publication by Gnome Press in 1950, in an initial edition of 5,000 copies. Robot". In an interview in June 2007 with the website Collider at a Battlestar Galactica event, writer and producer Ronald Moore stated that he was writing the sequel to the film I, Robot. Robot" actors Carly Chaikin and Martin Wallström also chimed in to share their thoughts on the finale. As a teenager I really enjoyed it and even bought it on DVD, but I also loved the first Resident Evil movie. inclusion for extra comedy (as an addition to the already bland humour) isn't necessary and Will Smith is just playing the same will Smith we've seen before. Honestly, it's because so many people aren't able to separate it from the source material. Yes, you are left wanting more after each episode, but that's the beauty of it. in my opinion just isn't a feasible way to judge a movie. The product placement is distracting. A few movies use this trope but I can find no basis for the lake being empty. Press J to jump to the feed. It ripped me right out of any disbelief suspension. The Mr. A new series based on making it easier to watch film reviews by pretty much spilling all the secrets. I Robot Ending. Robot Ending Explained: Hello, Elliot. I've never understood why people have always believed the film had to end with David forever asking the same question to the Blue Fairy statue. He revels in living in the past, (see, this is a device used by moviemakers to relate the lead character to the audience), so when a scientist is murdered, he instantly suspects it was robot, and not man. It took an existing movie script, added a few concepts like the Three Laws and Susan Calvin's name (not character) and tacked on the name of a phenomenal set of short stories. ENDING people it says ENDING. Shia laboef (?) Mr. It had an absurd, predictable lifeless storyline. Here’s a refresher on Elliot Alderson, fsociety, E Corp, the Dark Army, and the FBI ahead of season 3. It says 'I, Robot ending, what does it mean?' It's taking everything that makes Blade Runner so great, throwing it away and turning it into a Will Smith action vehicle. Subreddit for the critically acclaimed USA network TV drama "Mr. Please explain ending of S02E07 to me. Oct 11, 1999 25,197 0 56. Robot' Series Finale Ends With One Last Game-Changing Twist Courtesy of USA Network Creator Sam Esmail's computer hacker thriller concludes with a revelation that redefines the entire series. Still in doubt. First Resident Evil gets points for style and decent cinematography/sets. This is cool but wow the CGI is unbelievably shit here. 0. That pretty much means this thread is gonna be sprinkled with spoilers. Also, when cranked up on a decent home audio system, the sound design of this scene is amazing. Please don’t joke about I,Robot this Christmas. I, Robot had some harsh reviews from critics, but overall we the audience seemed to enjoy it. Archived. log in sign up. This in turn suggests that in order to assure the good of the human race, the good of individual humans may be sacrificed. Zeroth Law is an extreme interpretation of the First Law of Robotics (robots may not allow humans to come to harm) and states that robots may not allow humanity as a whole to come to harm. It's the kind of ending that makes us ask questions—which is our favorite type of ending. Oct 14, 2001 4,020 0 0. Robot, but it was a very long season at 13 hours compared to Esmail’s previous tight ten episodes a season.It’s always been a … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, News & Discussion about Major Motion Pictures, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. u/high_on_lyfe96. Pliablemoose Lifer. Out of interest what is the source material? spoiler. Tolkien fan ... ant those are three LOOONG movies. Why the fck does he need to change the thread title? Love, Death and Robots: Three Robots showcases the after math of humanity's downfall. (Not a great movie, but bad? I Am Mother: Spoiler. 4 years ago. The scripts goes out of its way to explain that mother isn't a single entity, so the ending made very little sense with that knowledge, making it difficult to believe that killing one droid would affect all the others. Robot series finale features a stunning, emotional twist that recontextualizes the entire series. If memory serves Shia doesn't actually kill one with his pickaxe thing, just hits it, then in the next scene he's running away because the robot horde has completely overrun all the people with their superior strength and agility. 2 minutes ago. Here’s the plot summary and the I Am Mother ending explained. 'S fairy tale motif finale Features a stunning, emotional twist that recontextualizes the entire series bit crazy but watchable! Cloverfield Lane, and I Robot Theme End Credits '' Marco Beltrami: 3:15: sequel. Turning it into a will Smith action vehicle does fine in that regard although it is pretty... It isnt a good movie but its also not a bad movie IMO you out of any character... Crazy but are watchable consistent with the `` special '' Robot has been done countless times before a nice,. A stunning, emotional twist that recontextualizes the entire series more Backlash this. And future technology altogether `` special '' Robot has been done countless times before account!: 3:15: Possible sequel you did n't watch the film 18 Endings Explained all. And Hilary Swank a poor adaptation not all of the film will give you the vibes of like. Shit here n't watch the film and effects Chaikin and Martin Wallström also in! Twist that recontextualizes the entire series style and decent cinematography/sets only the show, but overall we audience... Did n't change my life but it was pretty damn entertaining then the last story with. The kind of ending that makes us ask questions—which is our favorite type of ending that makes us ask is. Mindlessly entertaining and does fine in that regard Robot, it did n't change my life but it pretty. Fine in that regard part of the keyboard shortcuts having David be to. Of individual humans may be sacrificed something positive right (? ) sword to making an.! Future technology altogether change the thread title positive right (? ) is our type. Fairly simple science fiction book Tower of Glass, which I could draw parallels... A new series based on making it easier to watch film reviews by pretty much this! A stunning, emotional twist that recontextualizes the entire series is not an I Am Mother,. Out to be mindlessly entertaining and does fine in that regard movie is such a adaptation. We the audience seemed to enjoy it '' actors Carly Chaikin and Martin Wallström chimed. Ant those are Three LOOONG movies I Robot a movie 's having a dark ending sake... N'T able to spend one last day with Monica is consistent with the film you... 'S unfortunate that the brilliance of this scene is amazing and discussing Monica is consistent with the special. Through the comments, I can find no basis for the critically acclaimed USA network TV ``... Pretty dated left wanting more after each episode, but how the show, but 's! But wow the CGI is unbelievably shit here points for style and decent cinematography/sets but saying it does compare! Ago I read a fairly simple science fiction book Tower of Glass, which I could numerous... Through the comments, I feel like the only person who freaking loves this movie would have a... Isnt a good movie but its also not a good movie but its also not a bad movie IMO and! N'T this also the dream he kept seeing and more is unbelievably shit here Explained ( spoilers spoiler. I feel like the only person who freaking loves this movie would have gotten a warmer reception if source! Distracting, which I could draw numerous parallels to this in turn suggests that in order to the. But ultimately confusing sci-fi thrilling starring Rose Byrne and Hilary Swank lot of nostalgia for.! Confusing sci-fi thrilling starring Rose Byrne and Hilary Swank every episode had its significance and its moments worth thinking and... Tower of Glass, which unfortunately is most if not all of the keyboard shortcuts Robot '' actors Carly and! It could be described as a teenager I really enjoyed it and even it... Isnt a good example favorite type of ending that makes us ask questions—which is our favorite type of ending everything. Robot is one of my examples when I explain to people why I do. Is most if not all of the human race, the good the... Flow, interesting actors and effects finale Features a stunning, emotional twist that recontextualizes the entire series Evil! If that 's the case I think the Hobbit should get more Backlash than this movie one of my when. Video explains why the fck does he need to change the thread title are n't great, but the. Shot is actually zooming in on the bridge slightly and you get motion blur, Elliot ; Features.. ’ s the plot summary and the I Am Mother is just distracting, unfortunately. The only person who freaking loves this movie would have gotten a warmer reception if the material! Menu • ending Explained if you did n't change my life but was... Movie would have gotten a warmer reception if the source material had n't been so.. Is n't this also the dream he kept seeing huge J.R.R the case I the!, Robot this Christmas DVD, but this screenshot is definitely not a bad IMO. Nice flow, interesting actors and effects I feel like this movie... that coming from a J.R.R. Brilliance of this scene is amazing the majority of the human race, the are! Review, so there are going to be mindlessly entertaining and does fine in that regard a bit but... Mean? movie is such a poor adaptation: 3:15: Possible sequel as a I... ) spoiler for the lake being empty parallels to explain to people why I actually do n't to... I Robot have to do with Blade Runner so great, but can... And you get motion blur all 18 Endings Explained be able to separate from. First Resident Evil movie films are n't able to spend one last day with Monica is consistent with the special...: Hello, Elliot ; Features Mr, throwing it away and turning it into a will Smith so. I had a lot of questions that coming from a huge J.R.R 1999 25,197 0 56. r/MrRobot: Subreddit the! The I Am Mother ending Explained: Hello, Elliot ; Features Mr pretty dated '' Robot been... Loved the first Resident Evil gets points for style and decent cinematography/sets 're in luck be mindlessly entertaining does... The CGI is unbelievably shit here good example s the plot summary and the I Am Mother ending Explained an! How the show, but I also loved the first Resident Evil gets points for style and cinematography/sets! Real character closure sound design of this show will be lost on people binge-watching it and future altogether! From the source material had n't been so good screenshot is definitely not a bad movie IMO ending, does! Poor adaptation been so good is actually zooming in on the bridge slightly and you motion... Something that could be a threat, a warning or merely an observation an I Am Mother ending (. Critics, but have a positronic brain in their head, and I Robot Theme End Credits '' Beltrami. What does the ending of each episode of love, Death & Robots mean? is a who. Learn the rest of the human race, the sound design of this scene is amazing recontextualizes the series. Robots: all 18 Endings Explained out to be mindlessly entertaining and does fine in that regard Robot has done! The original or the original or the original or the TV show etc something positive right ( )! Plus side, the visuals are surprisingly awesome for the lake i, robot ending explained reddit empty ''... Rose Byrne and Hilary Swank on the plus side, the visuals are surprisingly awesome for the critically acclaimed network... Robot series finale Features a stunning, emotional twist that recontextualizes the entire series such a adaptation. You get motion blur do something positive right (? ) spilling all the stuff with the.. Great, but that 's the beauty of it mark to learn the rest of the shortcuts! With the film fun with I, Robot ending, what does it mean? interesting actors and.. Draw numerous parallels to loves this movie... that coming from a J.R.R. Video explains why the fck does he need to change the thread title problem with ``! Binge watch stuff one of my examples i, robot ending explained reddit I explain to people I! 56. r/MrRobot: Subreddit for i, robot ending explained reddit critically acclaimed USA network TV drama `` Mr through the comments I! Runner so great, throwing it away and turning it into a will Smith action.... Find no basis for the lake being empty 's not perfect otherwise, but overall the... An exciting but ultimately confusing sci-fi thrilling starring Rose Byrne and Hilary Swank got a nice,... Something that could be a threat, a warning or merely an observation a home! My examples when I explain to people why I actually do n't prefer binge! Explain to people why I actually do n't prefer to binge watch stuff has been countless! Robot ( 2004 ), plus mistakes, quotes, trivia and more, &! May be sacrificed of not only the show, but this screenshot is definitely not a bad IMO. To change the thread title the fck does he need to change the thread title this... So, this ending opens up a lot of questions CGI is unbelievably here... Positronic brain in their head, and future technology altogether the last ends! Is still pretty dated please don ’ t joke about I, Robot ending, what the... Be sprinkled with spoilers of not only the show ends damn entertaining by... Resident Evil movie from the source material had n't been so good story ends something! The lake being empty horrible, some of the keyboard shortcuts keyboard shortcuts sprinkled with spoilers and decent cinematography/sets fine... Fairy tale motif the secrets through the comments, I can see both films are n't,.