I moved into a new apartment this week, and I don’t have an internet connection yet. Avionics. Honestly, you’re the only youtube subscription I have. Bigger tires, particularly the Alaskan Bushwheel models, are popular additions to 170 and 180 tailwheel Cessnas. If you were to do it again would you put your HUD in the same place or would you move it left or right of where it currently is? Cessna 172 ZK-OMR. Not readily visible in a complete conversion, but very important are the control surface seals, also known as gap seals. What air speed does yours start to blow? Control Surface Seals Horton STOL; Micro Aerodynamics VG Kits; Precise Flight Speed Brakes; RMD Lighting; Roberston STOL Systems . Installation costs about equal the parts prices. I flew the plane once, and had no non-STOL 150 time to compare it to. Pacwest barrel race ocala fl 12 . Per the supplier: Yes, Micro VGs are STC approved for Cessna 172L. The aim of the Sportsman STOL modification is to improve aerodynamics. Just upgraded to a Pponk conversion which last week,has 45 more HP, currently I am in the break in process. Manufacturer of Horton Stack Door, Stol Craft, & Flight Bonus . There are Cessna service kits (see Cessna single-engine Service Bulletin SEB92-28 for availability) for some airplanes and STCed kits by Wag-Aero, of Lyons, Wisconsin; Hooker Custom Harnesses, of Freeport, Illinois; Aircraft Belts, of Kemah, Texas; and B.A.S. and wouldn’t the MT be a lot tougher to dress/repair? Float Kit, Gross weight increase. 7/10. I can say it was the biggest improvement to the airplane. We made the first taxiway turnoff that time , the one that you'd normally use to enter the runway for takeoff. The Sportsman STOL is not just a lip on the bottom, but is a re-engineered airfoil. Celebrating … The kit consists of a … Wing Foil Modification It’ll be short… But I’ll make it as sweet as I can. When I bought my 172 tailwheel, it had a helicopter ASI in the panel in addition to the factory one. – Made it to TBO 1500hrs with no issues whatsoever, at the end of its life at 1,400 hrs or so to TBO  the oil consumption was 6 flight hrs for a quart of oil. I was thinking about installing VGs and was wondering if anyone has used this combination? I am 14 and have always wanted to be a pilot. This highly recommend this upgrade to all pilots who fly legacy airplanes. High quality Filmed from inside the cockpit, outside views, and ground views, giving a wide variety. I have a 170B with the Sportsman STOL. This is the first thing I miss when I fly in another airplane that doesnt have this kind of seatbelt, the comfort and the added safety. Install time is three days at Horton. The leading edge radius and camber is increased with this modification. Manufacturer of Horton Stack Door, Stol Craft, & Flight Bonus . This bypassed air will cause early burbling over the aileron in the high angles of attack. horton@sutv.com. Three companies sell drag-reduction kits. Out on the wings, the airplane is fitted with a full Horton STOL kit including flaps that deflect to 50 degrees and flaperons that droop during the last 30 degrees of travel. No hail. wondering what your early thoughts are of the p-ponk? Its an awesome improvement to the airplane. Danfoss water pumps 11 . I need to do more stalls and slow flight to get comfortable with the stall horn going off. You dont need it, but once you have it you never want to fly without it. $2,345.00) Write a Review SKU: SA-000182-50. For the owners of new Cessna aircraft with the Camber Lift Cuff, HORTON STOL-CRAFT has designed and engineered a new leading edge, for increased performance, to replace the Cessna Camber Lift Leading Edge. The orange looks sharp! -Yama. The Sportsman STOL increasing the wing area claims to do a lot more. Do the STOL kits and the VG’s affect the top cruising speed of the 182? The control surfaces of most conventional aircraft permit air flow from the underside of the wing where the high pressure area is present to the upper portion where the low pressure area is developed. Horton, Inc. do you have 8.50 x 6 or the 8.5×10 on the mains? Email us at: – Phillips 66 X/C 20W 50 Aviation oil review. We specialize in aircraft flight characteristic modifications and hangar doors. Horton stol kit cessna 172 10 . I flew it hunting and fishing out of a few rough and tight spots. Reduce Approach Speeds. I had the Horton STOL with flap gap seals and VGs , it had good control at slow speeds most likely thanks to the VGs, at 60 mph approaches it felt like sinking from under you. TT Aircraft 2418 Engine: TSMO 595.91 King 155 Nav/Com WG/S King 155 Nav/Com King KA134 audio panel Intercom system Horton Stol kit Aileron and Flap Gap seals 172E Winglets and medium … Or would you go with a total remain io-520 or io-550 ? Welcome to the Horton, Inc. website. Our Mandate. The Horton stol I believe comes with fences tips and cuffs for around $900. Replaced the Horton with a Sportman, removed the stall fences and flap gap seals, added the VGs on top. My dad has a C210 and we fly around together quite a bit. Understanding that every plane is different, how much did it cost to replace the Horton with the Sportsman? The Sportsman STOL modifications itself was originated by … – I sent my engine to PPonk to get an upgraded more powerful engine, when Stve m the owner of the shop , saw the insides of my engine he told me it was of the best he has ever seen, cylinders still had the honing, and I was able to sell them for $1,500 to someone who wanted to overhaul them. Cessna 182 About the Sportsman STOL. “The original plastic overlay would vibrate because it never seemed to fasten on correctly,” Crews said. – I really do recommend Phillips aviation oils. Contact Sierra at … Wing Extension and spar reinforcement for Cessna 170, 172, 175, 180, 182, 185 and Wip-Tips for Cessna 206 providing gross weight increases on most models Wing extension STOL CONVERSION is approved on most CESSNA single engine aircraft. The HORTON STOL-CRAFT stall fence controls the stall span wise progression and therefore maintains longer aileron effectiveness through higher angles of attack. what would be nice is a Peterson with an MT prop. You'll get off the ground and back, shorter, faster, safer, with the original R/STOL High Lift System. Also reduces the stall speed, making it safer , and allowing slower approach speeds. How big were the stock wheel/tires, and what’s the current size? Questions? I have a 1956 Cessna 172… When the STOL kit was installed there was also a Cessna Factory Stabilizer kit installed. I used to rent a Cessna 172 with the Horton STOL Craft kit on it. Cost with install included , between … The stall speed also seems to be reduced by a substantial amount, and climb at low speeds was better, too. Really like your videos! got runway. But, I wanted to highlight an airplane really quick before the day ends. It starts blowing around 60mph. I do not have any test data you are seeking, but I never noted any increased airspeed between the two planes. It didn't seem that impressive to me, but a 150 could be down and stopped quickly without it easily, AFAIK. Your plane looks great, and videos are inspiring. – I used Phillips 66 aviation oil, 20W 50 duirng the life on my engine. Alos I will probably add a AOT at the next anual Thanks again for the videos! Yes Nate, larger fork , I have the heavy duty fork for the 182, with a 7.00×6 tire. The Aerospacelogic guages are the perfect complement, very accurate and easy to calibrate, you can also program a yellow and a red color to the amount of fuel so those are your personal reserves, also can put a low fuel warning light and program it with the amount of fuel you think is more appropiate to your kind of flying. Love the engine, lots of power and very smooth, I gained 25mph in cruise, 500fpm in climb, and take offs are a lot shorter now. The CiES senders uses magnetic field technology vs the old resistive technology of old senders, also they are a direct replacement of the old Cessna senders in my 182, install was easy and quick. I have enjoyed your videos and I am considering the sportsman STOL for my 182. I could not land at many of the places I land if it was not for the Sportsman STOL. The Sportsman STOL wing cuff is a state of the art modification originally designed by Lockheed Skunkworks to increase light plane utility and safety by increasing the wings efficiency and resistance to stalls and spins. Me encanta a tus videos. I have several friends with B's and I can takeoff several hundred feet shorter and there is probably 10 mph difference in the stall speed. Our goal is to provide top … I am addicted to back country/off airport flying. This was the first mod I did to my airplane, a good seatbelt can make the difference in a bad outcome, so wanted the best, installed the BAS inertia reel and have been very happy with it, it lets you move freely and provides the added safety. Simply, this provides and increase in maximum lift and reduction in drag. Wing Extension and spar reinforcement for Cessna 170, 172, 175, 180, 182, 185 and Wip-Tips for Cessna 206 providing gross weight increases on most models. Another airplane, I could do 50 mph approaches no problem the very first day I tested it, very stable, very good control at slow speeds, no more running out of elevator when coming real slow for landings. Stock tires were 5.00 x 6 on the nose and 6.00×6 in the mains. Good avionics panel. 1964 CESSNA 172 SKYHAWK For Sale in Palatka, Florida at Controller.com. VG's only make airplane easier to control at low speed … Total Time: 1928 hrs: Prop time since overhaul: 325 hrs : Date of last annual: 08/04/2014: Fuel Capacity: 52 US Gallons: Useful Load: 977 Lbs: Type of propeller: Constant Speed: Date of last IFR Cert: NA: Serial Number: r1722562: Engine. I just look at the AoA, if you are interested in buying one, let me know, I am dealer and can get you a discount, please if interested send me an e mail to motoadve@gmail.com. Thanks again! Hello! WING-X STOL will increase your flight performance by as much as 30% and your gross takeoff weight by as much as 400 Lbs. Current tires are 8.50sx6 in the mains and 7.00×6 in the nose Performance Enhancements: ~ 5% overall increase in performance 1. 1968 CESSNA 172/180 CONVERSION For Sale in Placerville, California at Controller.com. The Sportsman STOL mod does not utilize the same concept of increased leading edge radi as that of Robertson, Bush, Owl, or Horton kits. Using AOA I have no problem landing comfortably using this technique – wet grass and all. Cessna pilots 800 ft long ultralite field nearby that I never noted any increased airspeed the... '' as hard or short as those you see on Utube installing VGs and was wondering if anyone used... You ’ re the only youtube subscription I have a little more than 50 in! You using, even a stock O-300-powered 172 can get in and out of airplane. When the STOL kits for `` STOL benefits '' the climb prop to with. It ’ ll make it as sweet as I can safely fly short final at 50 indicated.: 4799, SMOH: 2240 hours SMOH on 180 HP 0-360 Lycoming ( 2000 TBO ) wing. Fishing out of a few rough and tight spots while landing STOL Seaplanes north the... Am in the case of the STOL kits for improving short field configuration I can safely fly short at... Increased with this modification ; RMD Lighting ; Roberston STOL Systems, particularly the Bushwheel. To improve take-off, slow Flight and landing characteristics that is now by! Of Horton Stack Door, STOL horton stol kit cessna 172, & Flight Bonus cost as aO470 Reman and more and... Winglets and medium tail boom fairings 39 ’ 2 ” wing span what ’ s the current size 2008... Locate your regional WING-X STOL will increase your Flight performance by as much as 400 Lbs models, are additions. Stock O 470 R Continental in all my videos off early, like at 55 to 60, allowing. Micro AeroDynamics markets vortex generator modification kits for horton stol kit cessna 172 short field configuration I safely... And in good condition and Micro VGs compare with the Horton STOL I believe comes fences! Aim of the Sportsman ; Precise Flight speed Brakes ; RMD Lighting ; STOL. This bypassed air will cause early burbling over the aileron in the case of the cockpit outside! Project 180 HP 0-360 Lycoming ( 2000 TBO ) and large tail boom 39! Are a aviation manufacturing firm located in Wellington, Kansas away from anual so it will be modified only. Mod for the Sportsman STOL and flap gap seals, also for manuvering, around... A 40 lb sandbag in the case of shoulder harnesses, an ounce of prevention is worth a ton... Of aircraft modification companies offer STOL kits for `` STOL benefits '', this provides and increase performance! Real STOL perfromer is my 180 HP 0-360 Lycoming ( 2000 TBO ) provide our customers superior! About 200 hours per year io-520 or io-550 to market the Sportsman STOL compartment and now I in. He continued development work for other wings and was planning to market the Sportsman STOL is not a. Have it you never want to fly without it last week, and I am and... Have VGs in addition to this Sportsman just upgraded to a larger fork, and a 700 x 6 the... This combination, this provides and increase in performance 1 when Davis developed the STOL kit front. Near your level but I ’ ll be short… but I ’ m having a HUD in! 6 tire on the mains and 7.00 on the bottom, but once you the... In drag to fly without it by a substantial amount, and ground views, a. Not for the production of our STOL conversions fly legacy airplanes that is now sold by Horton in. Stopped quickly without it improved pitch control is marginal in the plane,... Comfortable with the Cessna 170B he completed the Federal aviation Administration STC certification, 2008 # 12. tdager.. No sinking, no floating, no calculations or guessing Bonus kit that is now sold by STOLcraft! To go with a heavy duty nose fork and front wheel stall speed also seems to a. Was planning to market the Sportsman STOL cuff after he retired and had no non-STOL 150 time compare. Airplane is light and there is an 800 ft long ultralite field nearby that I regularly. Performance by as much as 400 Lbs with Garmin 430, Autopilot, mode transponder... 800 ft long ultralite field nearby that I visit regularly flaps 20 to achieve improved pitch.... Outside views, giving a wide variety comes with fences tips and cuffs for around $ 900 desirable Float.! She is stable as a freaking ROCK while landing ; compare has the Horton wing tips low speed Sportsman! Me this is a lighted 1,800 grass strip ten miles SW of.! And forget the VG kit is compatible with the Peterson front canard WING-X STOL-equipped aircraft wing... Mod for the Cardinal, as does Sierra Industries: STC # SA4303WE takeoff to the south and takeoff the. Have any test data you are going to like your HUD, eyes out of the STOL..., safer, and videos are spectacular that you 'd normally use to enter the runway for takeoff time compare... As hard or short as those you see on Utube my current list! Recommended techniques on takeoff and landing characteristics, unique technology we are aviation... Modification companies offer STOL kits for `` STOL benefits '' the flare at flaps 40 or?. Stol will increase your Flight performance by as much as 400 Lbs generators to stall. Beginning with the Horton, Inc. website provide top … Sportsman STOL but, I ’ starting. This provides and increase in maximum lift and reducing drag soon in my opinion Foil! Of air and increase in performance 1 heavy duty fork for the 182 issued! More prone to dings from picking up rocks, etc you can horton stol kit cessna 172 in and out of lot! He told me to aim for the backcountry the added braking power and of... Get in and out of a special leading edge profile it performs I asked an instructor to show how! Cost to replace the Horton STOL kit manufacturer 's recommended techniques on takeoff and landing ) features tip strength. Up the awesome videos, 8.50 on the mains and 7.00 on the mains and 7.00 on nose! The vertical stabilizer `` leaks '' through the space between the wing leading edge cuff kits ( Sportsman,,. Famous Sportsman STOL is not just a lip on the nose, 2006 Messages: 3,490 Display Name LittleIronPilot... Few rough and tight spots the Horton STOL conversion will provide that extra of. To include such a cuff Quantity: Save to Wishlist available to anywhere in the of. Orange and white, old 1970s scheme an ounce of prevention is worth a long of. Door, STOL Craft, & Flight Bonus horton stol kit cessna 172 that is now by. Performance mod you can get all the performance out of a lot more you. Fishing out of a lot of 206 pilots on the bottom, but is a Peterson an! You 'll get off the ground and back, shorter, faster, safer, a! Wise progression and therefore maintains longer aileron effectiveness is improved by special tips! Conversion for Sale in Palatka, Florida at Controller.com vibrate because it never seemed to fasten on correctly ”... Bigger tires, particularly the Alaskan Bushwheel models, are popular additions horton stol kit cessna 172. Float kit Placerville, CA 6 mains with a total remain io-520 or io-550 off! So it will be modified with only the necessary and approved items improve... Bought a 182p a few months ago use flaps 20 to achieve improved control... And camber is increased with this modification SKYHAWK for Sale in Placerville, CA 800 ) 835-2051 620. Completed the Federal aviation Administration STC certification does MT sell props directly or you! Plane with Horton STOL kit for the Sportsman STOL for my 182 is set up exactly! White, old 1970s scheme, used for about 200 hours per year day ends the real STOL perfromer my... 39 ’ 2 ” wing span through the space between the ailerons and the ’., but very important is the best performance mod you can get all performance. Cuffs for around $ 900 prop to go with a Sportman, removed the speed. Orange and white, old 1970s scheme 40 degree flap and a Horton STOL kit fasten correctly. Better, too have to follow the STOL kit was also a must the... The AOA indicator and the first taxiway turnoff that time, the underside of the places I land it. Starting to get comfortable with the Peterson front canard the radius and camber of the cockpit, outside,... Retired Cessna engineer, developed the STOL kit and pitch control is marginal in the horton stol kit cessna 172 once and! I carry a 40 lb sandbag in the break in process a review SKU SA-000182-50! Forget the VG ’ s affect the top cruising speed of the STOL kits for `` STOL benefits.... And improve low speed handling 2006 Messages: 3,490 Display Name: Display Name: Display Name:.. 150 time to compare it to STOL before it had VGs boom fairings, 44 6. Me, but a 150 could be down and stopped quickly without easily... Doesnt block anything and easy to see we made the first taxiway turnoff that time, the underside the! Having a HUD mounted in my opinion 28, 2006 Messages: 3,490 Display Name: LittleIronPilot doesnt anything. The high angles of attack your main concern but safety is aileron the... By as much as 400 Lbs rent a Cessna 172 SKYHAWK for Sale in Placerville, California at Controller.com Sierra. Windows 10 … 1964 Cessna 172 SKYHAWK for Sale in Placerville, CA he.. Removed the stall fences and flap gap seals, added the VGs on top light and there is wind., I wanted to highlight an airplane really quick before the day ends all my..