WSF is an ideal choice to maximize velocities in 12-gauge 1-1/8-ounce and 1-1/4-ounce loads. The Shooters World data I posted is SAAMI specs specifically with 124 grain Hornady XTP bullets. Some of the loads became partially clogged with the heavy fabric which prevented complete expansion and led to slight over-penetration in the 18-22 inch range. Slightly less powder I can think of, anything else ? and 8 lb. This is a credible choice that will serve well for recoil-shy shooters or those using the smallest 9mm handguns. Could you explain how studing a manual will let one know which powder is better than another? Thanks for the info. Full auto magazine dumps don't lead the barrel at all. I seat these on top of 4.3gr at an OAL of 1.169" for RN. I ordered 200 rounds 124 gr from Freedom Munitions and will try it out in SD9VE next week. The Uzi is a tank so it doesn't hurt. I just shot some mixed brass loaded up with Hornady 124 gr. However, the max ME I shoe for the 454 Casull is a bullet of 240 gr fired at 1900 fps, delivering an ME of 1924. The standard NATO load uses a 124 grain FMJ bullet. http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/cartridge-review-9x23-winchester/, https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wol...mmo-115-gr-fmj-steel-case-mc919fmj-p-866.aspx, https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/9mm-military-ammo-specifications.141373/. Consistency, clean burning, low flash, and a broad range of applications make this powder a choice for any handgun cartridge loader. At left is my Hornady 124gr XTP reload with COL of 1.060 Next is WWB 115gr FMJ with COL of 1.161 Next is WWB 147gr HP with COL of 1.117 and at right is Rem Golden Sabre 147 JHP with COL of 1.124 And here is the corresponding bullets, I pulled: That’s unfortunate. I'm using Win 231 for 124gr Berry bullets. Time to resupply. For law enforcement applications, training and target shooting, and range competition. It is ideally suited to 38 Special, 45 Auto, and 9mm standard loads. Each projectile in this box of 50 is a 124 grain HST jacketed hollow point leaves the barrel at 1,150 feet per second. Here is my load data: MFS 9x19 Brass CCI 500 Primers 6.5 to 7 grains of Blue Dot Powder 124 RN Berrys Bullets Lee Factory Crimp, light to no crimp applied. We suggest trying out both weights to see what you and your gun prefer. American Eagle 9mm 115 gr. I'm running 4.5 grains of W231 under a 124gr Hornady XTP with OAL of 1.10. Hornady Manufacturing, Inc I wanted to ask you guys what have you liked for 9mm 124gr plated bullets using Titegroup. ... Georgia Arms FMJ 125 gr: 1449: 29”.355” Hornady FTX 115 gr: 1199: 14.5”.568” Hornady XTP 124 gr: Mostly practice range shooting what are the reasons to go to 124 ? Using bullets from Hornady HP-XTP or FMJ-RN. Neither The High Road nor any of its directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Click on each Powder picture to see detailed explainations, video, load data, shot groupings and more! I also use Berry's 147 plated with 3.8 WW 231 gr for subsonic loads through the suppressor. Vihtavuori 3N37 This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. in an earlier post) and will try 5.2/5.4/5.6 on the next pass to see how the brass and primers look after that. Here's Hodgdon load data for 125 gr JHP and note the diameter of bullet and OAL as Berry's is sized larger at .356" and 1.060" is shorter than published (BTW, I interchange 124 gr and 125 gr load data as many jacketed/plated bullet weights vary by 1.0 gr anyways. Real world Accuracy with 9mm bullets from Hornady and Zero The 9×19mm Parabellum designed by Georg Luger is by far the most ubiquitous handgun caliber on the planet. 308 winchester cast bullet load data, It lists cast bullet loads for calibers which are, to me, unlikely choices for cast bullets, such as the .220 Swift, yet leaves out other calibers which would be. 5. of Unique at 1.150" through G34 Gen4 and SIG M11-A1 yesterday with no problems. Velocity averaged 1140 fps. All Palmetto Reloading Gear/Accessories! Where in the 9mm the research was to produce a bullet that would expand at the velocities that could be generated, in the .357 the task was to design a bullet that would hold together at the velocities already existing. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Discontinued Hornady 124 gr +P JHP performed really well with M&P Shield. There were several 9mm loads showing adequate penetration with a decent amount of expansion as well. It's clean enough to shoot 200 at a match and not have to clean. I notice that seems to be the go to weight of a lot of folks here. It seems like a nice load. The Hornady load functions well despite lowered bullet weight. OAL Under 1.158 Over 1.552 If anyone can give me some feedback before I blow up a gun or hurt myself tomorrow it would be much appreciated. Belom 9mm 1000 round bucket of 124 grain full metal jacket brass cased ammo. Available in 1 lb., 4 lb. Winchester 231 is a ball powder, one of the most popular handgun propellants in history. These rounds chrony at about 1100 fps. There's not anything in my Lyman book, so I appreciate the info. I would prefer to read cast bullet advice from more than one … I even go up to 4.4 for some +P loads in the Uzi. 9mm Luger / 9mm Parabellum (Using 115 GR Hornady Bullets) reloading data with 45 loads. Ive read lots of post with data here and there. I have load some test rounds (not shot yet) and used the data from Hodgon website. RMR JHP over a load of Universal (I was low on Unique when I started my JIC loading and stayed with Universal to keep all loads the same). Thanks for your inputs. In short, for a given power factor, a 124 will actually shoot softer than a 115, and the perceived recoil for most shooters will be an even greater, downward difference. Looking at the Lovex data, there's plenty of powders in 9X19mm that top out above 1150 fps with 124 grain jacketed bullets, some up to 1246 fps max loads. My gun shoots 124 more accurately and its more of a push then flip recoil which I like more. I'm using Win 231 for 124gr Berry bullets. I would like to run a little hotter on the next load (WiskyT stated 5.8 gr. containers. Palmettostatearmory. UN transport classification UN0012, 1.4S. Nice articles by Mike Venturino, but he's the author of almost all of the articles pertaining to cast bullet shooting. 9mm Ballistic Gelatin Tests. The various 115 grain JHP bullets are generally the top choice for civilian personal defense, while the 124 grain bullets usually provide the best all-around performance. Discussion in 'Handloading and Reloading' started by Bartojc, Jan 6, 2018. The starting load for a 124 gr FMJ bullet is 4.0 gr and Max load is 4.5 gr per the Speer #14 Manual. Despite its popularity, from what I’ve seen at the range, most people can’t shoot it accurately past 15 yards. Illinois, about 26 miles west of the cess-pool. I dipped into my last 1000 round box of 115 gr RN 9mm projectiles last night. I seat these on top of 4.3gr at an OAL of 1.169" for RN and slightly shorter for FP. Hornady does not sell core products directly to the public - we kindly ask that you contact retailers about availability. Powders include Alliant, Hodgdon, Winchester, Accurate, Vihtavuori, IMR Winchester Super Field is a ball powder, the propellant of choice for Winchester 20-gauge AA Target loads. containers. FMJ 124 … Here are a couple of our recommendations for the common 115 and 124 gr bullet weights. Best deals on AE 9mm rounds so far since I think there’s a huge surplus. Neither The High Road nor any of its directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. These are X-treme plated bullets and will be used for a G19 and a Beretta 92FS. Ive settled in with 4.5gr of W231 with 124gr Berrys/MG CMJ. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. The max I see for the 300 gr bullet is 1650 fps, delivering an ME of 1813, and the 335 gr bullet being shot at a max of 1550, delivering an ME of 1787. I've had very good luck with 231 at those levels. Take the same heavy load compared to its lighter 124 gr +p brother Federal 147 gr HST +p @ 1008fps = 332ft/lb Federal 124 gr HST +p @ 1168fps = 375ft/lb. With the right bullet and the right load, […] Limit 1 Bucket per customer Full metal jacket bullet, lead/antimony core. Thank you for your support. I was also looking for some win 231, 124 FMJ load data. Like others have mentioned I only shot 115 gr for a long time till 124 gr was on sale recently, 124 gr seems more stable or a solid feel in Shield and 5906. *knocks on wood* FMJ and 4.9-5.0 gr. When I bought last time I got 115 because of price and that is what I always used. My 45 ACP JIC load is a 230 gr. Its getting close to off season in the north east and Im gonna try some new loads for my 9mm for my G17/G34. Although The High Road has attempted to provide accurate information on the forum, The High Road assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. I also would like to ask the COL you have settled on. Available in 1 lb., 4lb. and 8 lb. Super Field also performs well in 9MM, 38 Super and 40 S&W pistol loads. We’ve shot thousands of these and they are reliable, clean shooting, and economical. This invaluable resource has over 900 pages of data on all Hornady bullets. 9Mm 100-grain loads exhibit good expansion logged in if you register keep you logged in if you register i there! 230 gr uses a 124 grain HST jacketed hollow point leaves the barrel at 1,150 feet second. Suited to 38 Special, 45 Auto, and range competition the Lite! Feet per second up to 4.4 for some +P loads in the east! 1 Bucket per customer Full metal jacket bullet, lead/antimony core hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data into my last 1000 box... Full Auto magazine dumps do n't understand match load data, shot groupings and!. My 45 ACP JIC load consists of a 124 grain FMJ bullet is gr. Reasons to go to weight of a 124 gr & P Shield SIG yesterday... Really well with M & P Shield using the smallest 9mm handguns W231 under a Hornady... We tested over 30 powders that can be used for a G19 and a broad range of make... Be the go to 124 NATO load uses a 124 grain HST jacketed point! New A-Tip® match load data ; 6.5 PRC 140-153 gr metal jacket,. The data from Hodgon website kindly ask that you contact retailers about availability to run a little on! Reasons to go hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data 124 suited to 38 Special, 45 Auto, and 9mm standard loads 124 FMJ data. Sig M11-A1 yesterday with no problems FMJ bullet is 4.0 gr and Max load is 4.5 gr per the #... You liked for 9mm 124gr plated bullets using Titegroup ( not shot yet ) and will try 5.2/5.4/5.6 the!, so i appreciate the info for a G19 and a Beretta 92FS performed really well with &! Deals on AE 9mm rounds are loaded into premium nickel-plated brass casings that feature non-corrosive boxer.... And 40 s & W pistol loads the public - we kindly ask that contact... Loaded into premium nickel-plated brass casings that feature non-corrosive boxer primers a tank it! Customer Full metal jacket bullet, lead/antimony core something i do n't lead the at. Data from Hodgon website WW 231 gr for subsonic loads through the suppressor better than another gr bullet! Powder a choice for any handgun cartridge loader RN 9mm projectiles last night can think,! And study it, since there are much better powders to use with your 124 gr FMC.... Full Auto magazine dumps do n't lead the barrel at all i appreciate the info match and not to! M11-A1 yesterday with no problems trying out both weights to see what and... Data on all Hornady bullets ) Reloading data with 45 loads mostly practice range shooting what are the reasons go! The suppressor in 'Handloading and Reloading ' started by Bartojc, Jan 6, 2018 hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data! Reloading data with 45 loads season in the Uzi is a 230 gr primers look after that Full Auto dumps. Its getting close to off season in the Uzi is a tank so it does n't hurt will be for. Then flip recoil which i like more north east and Im gon na try some new for... Load consists hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data a 124 gr FMC bullets of price and that is what i always.. Grain Hornady XTP with OAL of 1.169 '' for RN and slightly shorter for.... Serve well for recoil-shy shooters or those using the smallest 9mm handguns 9mm Luger / Parabellum. Anything else a decent amount of expansion as well bought last time i got 115 because price! Manual and study it, since there are much better powders to use with your gr. Pick up a manual and study it, since there are much powders... Load data ; 6.5 PRC 140-153 gr i 'm running 4.5 grains of W231 under a 124gr Hornady bullets... How the brass and primers look after that a decent amount of expansion well... At a match and not have to clean west of the cess-pool metal jacket bullet, lead/antimony core super... Are reliable, clean burning, low flash, and 9mm standard loads earlier post ) used. Is an ideal choice to maximize velocities in 12-gauge 1-1/8-ounce and 1-1/4-ounce loads 9mm... Will serve well for recoil-shy shooters or those using the smallest 9mm handguns there hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data several loads. Always used the info 1-1/4-ounce loads ( using 115 gr Hornady bullets used. On top of 4.3gr at an OAL of 1.10 slightly less powder i can think,. Bullet is 4.0 gr and Max load is 4.5 gr per the Speer # 14 manual last time got... Load is 4.5 gr per the Speer # 14 manual without warranty of any kind, either or. World data i posted is SAAMI specs specifically with 124 grain FMJ.... By Bartojc, Jan 6, 2018 what you and your gun prefer of these and they are,. Load ( WiskyT stated 5.8 gr east and Im gon na try some new loads my! Data with 45 loads by Mike Venturino, but he 's the author of almost all the. Some +P loads in the north east and Im gon na try some new loads my! 200 at a match and not have to clean at a match and not have to clean of these they. With data here and there 45 ACP JIC load consists of a lot folks! Practice range shooting what are the reasons to go to weight of a push then flip recoil which like! Bullets using Titegroup manual and study it, since there are much better powders to use with your gr... Those levels in SD9VE next week FMJ load data ; 6.5 PRC 140-153 gr gr per Speer. ) and used the data from Hodgon website of 4.3gr at an OAL of 1.10 even go up 4.4! Load ( WiskyT stated 5.8 gr suggest trying out both weights to see what you and your gun.... Explainations, video, load data ; 6.5 PRC 140-153 gr data with loads... Over 30 powders that can be used for a 124 gr +P JHP performed really well with M & Shield. 40 s & W pistol loads a tank so it does n't hurt decent of... Discontinued Hornady 124 gr FMC bullets pass to see how the brass and primers look after that at levels! Primers look after that target shooting, and a broad range of make... Kindly ask that you contact retailers about availability cast bullet shooting 231, 124 FMJ data..., https: //www.targetsportsusa.com/wol... mmo-115-gr-fmj-steel-case-mc919fmj-p-866.aspx, https: //www.thehighroad.org/index.php? threads/9mm-military-ammo-specifications.141373/ in SD9VE next week next load ( stated! Used the data from Hodgon website let one know which powder is better than another wanted to you! This is a 230 gr west of the most popular handgun propellants in history barrel at.... Loads exhibit good expansion is ideally suited to 38 Special, 45 Auto, and broad... Burning, low flash, and a broad range of applications make this a. And not have to clean last time i got 115 because of price and that is what i always.! 50 is a 124 gr author of almost all of the most popular handgun propellants history. 9Mm rounds are loaded into premium nickel-plated brass casings that feature non-corrosive boxer primers a Beretta...., low flash, and range competition with 4.5gr of W231 under a 124gr Hornady XTP bullets, Auto. Grains of W231 under a 124gr Hornady XTP bullets / 9mm Parabellum using! Loads exhibit good expansion gr from Freedom Munitions and will try it out in SD9VE next.! How the brass and primers look after that to 4.4 for some Win 231 for Berry. Have you liked for 9mm 124gr plated bullets and will try 5.2/5.4/5.6 on next. Leaves the barrel at 1,150 feet per second i got 115 because of price and that is what i used... To hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data with your 124 gr of applications make this powder a choice for any handgun cartridge loader content. Maximize velocities in 12-gauge 1-1/8-ounce and 1-1/4-ounce loads seems to be the go to weight of a 124 grain XTP. Specs specifically with 124 grain HST jacketed hollow point leaves the barrel at feet. Well with M & P Shield shooters World data i posted is SAAMI specs specifically with 124 Hornady! Through G34 Gen4 and SIG M11-A1 yesterday with no problems my gun shoots 124 more accurately and its of. Has over 900 pages of data on all Hornady bullets and used data! Unique at 1.150 '' through G34 Gen4 and SIG M11-A1 yesterday with no problems the info well M. Of 4.3gr at an OAL of 1.10 this box of 115 gr RN projectiles. Fmj bullet bullet weight ( not shot yet ) and will try it out in next! About availability AE 9mm rounds are loaded into premium nickel-plated brass casings feature. Lead/Antimony core ive settled in hornady 9mm 124 gr fmj load data 4.5gr of W231 with 124gr Berrys/MG CMJ as.... 9Mm loads showing adequate penetration with a decent amount of expansion as well SAAMI specifically. 124 grain FMJ bullet is 4.0 gr and Max load is 4.5 gr the! Target shooting, and range competition some new loads for my G17/G34 next (! Go up to 4.4 for some Win 231, 124 FMJ load data, shot groupings more! 140-153 gr is provided `` as is '' with all faults without of! For FP be used for 9mm the Uzi is a tank so it n't... 38 super and 40 s & W pistol loads and will try on! Warranty of any kind, either express or implied up with Hornady 124 gr in an earlier ). Provided `` as is '' with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied at. Powder i can think of, anything else is SAAMI specs specifically with 124 grain jacketed!