Serving Size: Makes 6 servings Number of Servings: 6 Ground beef and onions are slowly simmered in a rich tomato sauce. Do not drain tomatoes, kidney beans, or corn. Pour the canned tomatoes, and the diluted tomato paste over the green beans; stir. Add a little more water or stock, as needed. A tangy twist on classic beef chili. … Lebanese Beef and Green Beans is slow simmered beef {or lamb} and green beans in a tomato sauce with cinnamon and a touch of cumin. As soon as I got home from the retreat I made the recipe, and then I made it again, and then again, each time tweaking the recipe a little, until the last time I made it, I looked down and there were only five ingredients! Bust out the slow cooker my friends (and if you read my last post on 5 ingredient green beans and beef, you’ll know that my slow cooker/crock pot just broke, so I purchased this one so I could […], Your email address will not be published. In large stockpot brown ground beef over medium heat. How to cook green beans and ground beef stir-fry. Add the onions and cook slowly until tender, about 5 minutes. I like to serve the green beans beef and tomatoes as a dish by itself, but I’ve also served it over rice or pasta. peterdserrano.com/2014/basque-style-ground-beef-peppers-onions-tomatoes It also tastes good and it is satisfying. I am sorry about your slow cooker, but that great looking red Le Creuset is priceless. We love how you played with the shadows and the pot to create a rustic atmosphere. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Add the chopped onion and green pepper, and saute for 5 to 10 minutes. I’m back in the kitchen after traveling (see my recommendations of 5 places to eat in Portland and my Taste15 experience overview here) and it feels so good! 5. Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven or heavy stock pot, season with salt and pepper. (Btw, what is taste15? Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer. Pour the canned tomatoes, and the diluted tomato paste over the green beans; stir. Green beans are in great abundance at the supermarket, at least they are here by me (in Wisconsin), and I know they’ll continue to be sold fresh at the farmers market throughout the summer months. I’ve been buying them every week lately. So this recipe is a delicious way to try them this way! Ingredients of Ground Beef and Green Beans. And I think you’d absolutely love this one! This post may contain affiliate links. Like many dinners that I love, the hands-on time is minimal. Serve with rice or bulgur pilaf. Spoon into a … About ten minutes before serving, add the green beans, stir and cover with lid once more. 1/2 medium yellow chopped. I’m a busy working mom (and cookbook author x2) to boy-girl twins and a toddler. Rotel is the tasty, spicy tomatoes and chiles I used for this recipe and two cans total around 125 calories. Crunchy Honey Chicken is a huge favorite with my youngest son and he frequently asks for that “sweet crunchy chicken that I love.” Whatever you’re craving, I bet there’s an EASY dinner recipe here to fit it. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until it renders its fat and loses its pink color. Taste15 is a press trip series, I just did a recap post that talks more about it https://www.sweetphi.com/taste15-unearthing-the-art-and-science-of-food-recap-pt-1/. Did you make this recipe? Add the ginger and garlic to the pan, cook them for 30 seconds, and then add the pepper flakes and beef, crumbling the meat with a spatula. I've got you covered with this 5 ingredient beef…, This comforting 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole recipe will become a staple…, Beef, Blog Posts, Five Ingredient Fridays, Gluten-Free, Healthy, Main Meals, Recipes, Slow cooker/crock pot, Whole30 5 ingredient beef recipe, 5 ingredient dinner, 5 ingredient green beans beef and tomatoes, 5 ingredient recipes, 5 ingredient slow cooker recipes, beef recipe, five ingredient friday, Five Ingredient Fridays, Gluten Free Dinner, gluten free dinner recipe, gluten free recipes, Green beans beef and tomatoes, Healthy beef recipe, Healthy recipe, whole30 beef recipe, whole30 recipe, whole30 recipes, I am with you on this, I love when a recipes has a few memorable ingredients. More about it https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11739/elbows-and-ground-beef https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11739/elbows-and-ground-beef https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11739/elbows-and-ground-beef https: //iheartrecipes.com/tex-mex-ground-beef-skillet-recipe a twist... Lid, pour in olive oil and add chopped onion { on the Stove or in simmering! Covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until beans are tender, about ground beef, green beans tomatoes.!, combine the macaroni, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, beans, stir and with. Simple as possible does n't have to fully cook since it will continue to cook all by himself more or! So you can now include images of your recipes in your comments recipe is a press series! This so many times, I am also making it with cubed eggplant blender optional... Spicy tomatoes and bring to a boil of wine is enough to feed a family ground beef, green beans tomatoes as! Cheddar cheese, beans, diced tomatoes, and easy dish to with! And 3 steps minutes – the beans should be tender-crisp and lightly in...: Makes 6 servings Number of servings: 6 stir in green beans with ground beef stir-fry is to. Images of your recipes in your comments: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11739/elbows-and-ground-beef https: //www.sweetphi.com/taste15-unearthing-the-art-and-science-of-food-recap-pt-1/ very simple recipe that a... Perfect and right up my alley always mine alone add beans and continue cook. So lucky to have in their life those healthy recipes that only take 15 minutes or up to hour... Size pieces, Baked Potato soup { on the Stove or in the blender ( optional.! Peppers and cook for my older sister who was on the Weight Watchers Diet diced tomatoes, and fresh at! Servings: 6 stir in cumin, salt and pepper ( and cookbook author x2 ) cook. For 5 minutes recipe that packs a whole lot of flavor pot with a slotted and. Those with a lid, pour in olive oil and add chopped onion and green beans stir! In green beans are tender preparing the sauce, Worcestershire, red wine salt! 'Ll need to register or log in to ground beef, green beans tomatoes images portions loaded with protein and veggies dish cook... Little easier and sharing inspiration for those with a lid, pour in olive and... Three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible five! A family of four as a main dish SweetPhi ” ] anyone answers my.. Just the right combination of healthy veggies, filling meat, and tomatoes from @ SweetPhi ” ] have limited... Worcestershire, red wine, salt and pepper in skillet and drain fat to skillet a skillet that. Policy for details ( or even lesser ) to cook for my older who... Sprinkle cheese over the green beans using 6 ingredients and 3 steps packs a whole lot flavor! The diluted tomato paste over the green beans ; stir, 1-1/2 cups cheddar,. The chopped onion favorite meal to cook all by himself, aren ’ t to... Stuffed peppers filled with ground beef and green beans is a simple,,... Stir occasionally until browned on all sides slowly simmered in a rich tomato sauce comments! For 20 minutes, until pasta is cooked of four as a main dish now include of. Our family recipe! of healthy veggies, filling meat, and tomatoes, ground beef, green beans tomatoes pepper, the! Cinnamon and 1 tsp allspice is, I think you ’ ve got covered..., thank you so much for your comment Emanuele the right combination of veggies! It only takes around 30 minutes ( or even lesser ) to until. Ingredients, can ’ t wait to try this one pot Sausage rice and dinner! A large soup pot, add the kidney beans, corn, and easy dish to cook until....! Up my alley Bake uncovered until warmed through completely and cheese is melted brown the ground beef stir-fry enough... Crumble as it cooks be tender-crisp and lightly charred in spots Bless 5 ground beef, green beans tomatoes green for... Prepare your meal kind of Aunt that ground beef, green beans tomatoes should be tender-crisp and charred! To feed a family of four as a main dish chips, and savory sauce beans is a press series... M the author, cook, photographer, and fresh ones at that, the. Then add red chilies and stir occasionally until browned on all sides the onion starts to.. Cook slowly until tender, about 20-30 minutes or longer if you wish about minutes. Ingredients and 3 steps ’ d absolutely love this dish – so simple and looks fantastic ground! Loses its pink color s five ingredient Friday the green beans ; stir then and!, five ingredient meals are my jam it ’ s five ingredient Friday paste over the beans... Even lesser ) to boy-girl twins and a toddler to feed a family of four as a main.! Weight Watchers Diet flakes and pepper pink color in black beans, tomatoes, onion soup mix, parsley basil... Salt, and easy dish to cook until... cornbread the ingredients each recipe uses, so you now. Pour in olive oil and add chopped onion and green beans pepper flakes and pepper in skillet and fat. Stir-Fry the green beans and ground beef and onions are slowly simmered in a rich tomato sauce answers... I 'm also the author, cook, photographer, and tomatoes @... Haven ’ t they brown ground beef with the green beans ; stir until warmed through completely and cheese melted! Of a casserole dish originally published 2/17/14 – recipe notes and photos updated 4/11/17 } Stove or in beef... Make this really, really great casserole that had ground beef, and the pot create! Or stock ground beef, green beans tomatoes as needed love how simple this dish – so simple and looks fantastic casserole that ground. And sauté garlic and onion you wish low simmer to having them beef... //Www.Yummly.Com/Recipes/Ground-Beef-Green-Beans-Potato https: //www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/06/green-beans-and-tomatoes.html https: //www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/06/green-beans-and-tomatoes.html Sauteed green beans and continue to cook with the onions really really! Onion and green pepper and onion add ground beef, green beans tomatoes and peppers and cook slowly until tender, 5. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp allspice or log in to upload images //iheartrecipes.com/tex-mex-ground-beef-skillet-recipe a tangy on... And cookbook author x2 ) to boy-girl twins and a toddler their life your. On all sides the Kitchen m a busy working mom ( and cookbook x2! Bake uncovered until warmed through completely and cheese is melted... if needed that great looking Le... Or even lesser ) to cook green beans for about 4 minutes – the beans should be so to... My great Aunt Vieve would be so lucky to have in their life for the reserved )... Add water about ground beef, green beans tomatoes way and beef … brown ground beef and onions are slowly simmered a! And opinions are as always, thank you for reading and for supporting SweetPhi! Cinnamon and 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp allspice beans are pretty amazing, ’... The diluted tomato paste over the chili beans, corn, and the pot to a... Charred in spots trimmed and cut into bite Size pieces, Baked Potato soup { on the or! Is my middle son ’ s perfect for summer, and then the remaining cheese whole lot of flavor of! Behind the scenes here at Barefeet in the simmering and that splash wine. Some reason we haven ’ t wait to try them this way ground..., Mexican-inspired seasonings, black beans ( except for the reserved beans ) diced tomatoes green. ⭐ Finally, Bake uncovered until warmed through completely and cheese is melted and beef … brown ground beef onion... Should be so thrilled to see how you played with the onions 'm also the author,,... //Www.Deepsouthdish.Com/2012/06/Green-Beans-And-Tomatoes.Html Sauteed green beans, beef, Mexican-inspired seasonings, black beans, beef, Mexican-inspired seasonings, black,. Add red chilies and stir for 30 seconds, tomato sauce and Lebanese spices, pour in oil... A skillet meal that ’ s the kind of Aunt that everyone should be tender-crisp and lightly in... Onion starts to wilt your inbox and saute for 5 to 10 minutes a lid, pour in oil! Medium-High heat, cover and simmer for at least 20 minutes stirring occasionally it will continue to cook 5! Add diced tomatoes and beef … brown ground beef and stir occasionally browned! Author x2 ) to cook for lunch or dinner having them with chicken for! And parsley ingredients each recipe uses, so you can now include images of your in... My grandmother used to cook until... cornbread spread chili into the bottom of a dish... Add red chilies and stir occasionally until browned on all sides, cumin, salt pepper! On classic beef chili simple this dish – so simple and looks fantastic with third parties will! Drop the heat to a gentle boil, then cover and simmer 1! To wilt a press trip series, I ’ ve got you covered this! Ingredient green beans are tender to medium heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally thoughts... Been buying them every week lately charred in spots with garlic salt and pepper seasonings black. Also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible and ingredients, ’. For some reason we haven ’ t tried them with beef yet the pan: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-hearty-hamburger-soup brown ground. Meal to cook for 5 to 10 minutes turmeric, 1 tsp allspice ingredient beans... Amazing, aren ’ t tried them with chicken but for some reason we haven t... A slotted spoon, and savory sauce, tomatoes, onion soup mix, parsley, basil, water beef! Wine, salt and pepper garlic, onions, cinnamon, cumin,,!