Chrissie is passionate about the local Charlotte food scene, and she’s on a quest to find the best pizza in town. Freeze in a food-safe container for 3-4 hours. Sign up here to receive the monthly What About Watermelon? Blend until smooth. Have you ever tried frosé? You’ll have to stir it to combine the ingredients again when you’re ready to drink it, but it can be done. This frosé watermelon granita recipe is the perfect cool cocktail to try this summer! Mini Stainless Steel Angled Measuring Cup, Praline Upside Down Pumpkin Cake with Bourbon Caramel Sauce. Purée until smooth. To make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line to muffin pans with cupcake liners. 1 ½ cups rosé wine (about half of a 750 ml. Watermelon Frosty. Toss all ingredients and 3½ cups ice in a blender and blend until very smooth, about a … Bon Appétit came out with a simple recipe in June, and the internet grabbed on with full force. Spread the watermelon chunks onto a plate or tray in a single layer and freeze overnight. Once frozen, measure the wine and 3 cups of the watermelon into the blender. Yes, I know this is my second beverage recipe in a row, but my friends, it is HOT out there. We also swapped the boring ice in favor of frozen watermelon … Watermelon frose is so, so easy too, which is my favorite kind of recipe because it’s almost not a recipe at all! Here’s Kitchn’s own riff on the recipe, with the addition of juicy watermelon and mint. enewsletter with seasonal tips, tricks and recipes. Remove the rind from the watermelon, and cube. Combine rosé and watermelon juice in a 16-ounce mason jar. Watermelon Frosting that now includes bees AND the deer in their backyard. This frosty drink is just what you need to cool off and enjoy your favorite rosé wine in a new way! Watermelon Frosé Recipe Makes 4 2 cups rosé wine 1 ½ cups chopped watermelon ¼ cup sugar. Step 1. To return to www.watermelon.org, simply close the new browser window. Attach metal lid and screw band. If serving later, pour into shallow pan and freeze. Pour into a container and refrigerate until cold. If you have leftovers, store the frose in the refrigerator in a pitcher, covered with plastic wrap. When making frosé at home, you would generally freeze the wine in an ice cube tray, but this watermelon frosé is made slightly differently, and gets frosty and sweet from frozen watermelon instead of frozen wine. Bring to a boil and simmer only until the sugar has dissolved. Add the strawberries and lemon juice and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then allow to cool. Continue freezing and shaking the jar every 30 minutes until the liquid is slushy, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (Will not freeze completely). Serve garnished with mint sprig, if desired. Kick up this perfect pairing with a refreshing and fun Cherry Watermelon Frosé cocktail… I don’t think there is a drink that signifies summer more than frosé … ©2020 Watermelon.org  |  All rights reserved. Add tequila for an adult version. Freeze for 1 hour then shake the jar once. The recipes and photography for this post were provided by local blogger, Sally Roeckell of 365 Barrington. Frosé is one of the best summer drinks you can make at home. Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to www.watermelon.org. What a sweet, tasty adult treat! Small watermelon wedges for garnish (optional), Pour Rosé into ice cube tray and freeze at least 4 hours. Measure in the lime juice and sugar, if using, and serve immediately. Blend until smooth. Need help finding someting? Posted on August 18, 2020 By Megan W In Taste; Leave a Comment Take your frosé game to the next level by adding your favorite fruit for a refreshing cocktail! Bake for 5 minutes at 400º F. Keeping the cupcakes in the oven, turn the heat down to 350ºF and bake for 8-9 minutes, or until a few moist crumbs remain on a toothpick when inserted into the center. Scrape the frozen wine into a blender. Pour rosé into a 13x9" pan and freeze until almost solid (it won't completely solidify due to the … Pour rosé into a shallow pan or dish (or into ice cube trays). This quick and easy frozen cocktail recipe is the best drink to sip on … https://blog.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/watermelon-and-strawberry-frose-recipe https://www.today.com/recipes/watermelon-fros-cocktail-recipe-t156834 Lay in a flat layer in the freezer and freeze both the rosé and watermelon overnight. Let it be known that the unofficial cocktail of summer 2016 is frosé (frozen rosé wine). This speedy, frosty recipe for a watermelon lemon frosé cocktail is a grown-up version of a perfect summertime slushie, full of fruit flavor and rosé wine! From The Family Kitchen blog. Once ready to serve, simply blend the frozen rosé and watermelon pieces with enough syrup to form a frosé. Watermelon Mint Frosé (serves 2) 2 cups frozen watermelon (cut into 1″ cubes) 1 cup rosé 6 mint leaves, chopped, and extra for garnish simple syrup to taste Make a strawberry syrup by dissolving the sugar in the water. ... Watermelon, 18 Ways. When you are ready to serve, scrape out with a spoon or fork into a glass. Chrissie is a public defender in Charlotte, North Carolina. Chop up watermelon and put into a ziplock bag. Cherry Watermelon Frosé Recipe — Nothing says summer quite like cherries and watermelon. (Will not freeze completely). Pour about … Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before adding the frosting. Cube watermelon and freeze; Blend frozen Rosé, frozen watermelon cubes and agave until smooth. The Board provides this link as a convenience to you; the link should not be considered an endorsement by the Board of the third-party website or the company who owns it. View Suggestions 18 photos. If serving immediately, pour into glasses with a spatula (mix will quickly melt due to alcohol). If serving immediately, pour into glasses with a spatula (mix will quickly melt due to alcohol). To make this summer drink recipe, you’ll also need fresh watermelon and lime. Once frozen, measure the wine and 3 cups of the watermelon into the blender. This past week I picked up a watermelon at Trader Joe’s and knew it was the perfect chance to perfect this recipe for Watermelon Frozen Rosé! Your email address will not be published. Frosé is the #SummerSip and I think there’s no reason why we can’t just keep enjoying it straight into the next season. https://www.totalwine.com/cocktail-corner/how-to-make-a-watermelon-frose 80 Best Christmas Cookies. Your email address will not be published. Frozen Watermelon + Frozen Rosé = Watermelon Frosé. Cut the watermelon into chunks and freeze overnight. Looking for a recommendation on one of our go-to additions? Add frozen watermelon, lime juice, frozen rosé cubes, seltzer, and vodka if using to a blender. The Board is not responsible for the quality, safety, completeness, accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website. That’s it! bottle), 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional). When it’s time to make the cocktail add the frozen rosé, frozen watermelon, and Cointreau into a blender. (We found the above combination perfect, but you do you!). All Rights Reserved. Required fields are marked *. This recipe elevates its wine-infused counterpart by using honey, lemon juice, and fresh mint instead of added sugars. Blend … Have your ingredients prepped—the watermelon frozen, the rosé chilled, the limes juiced and the sugar out—so that when guests are ready for a sipper, all you have to do is blend this up. When ready to serve, combine the wine, frozen watermelon, half of the watermelon … Connect with us here. It’s the new, cool cocktail idea that combines rosé with ice for a blended treat. Freeze for 6 hours. 28 Holiday Dishes You Can Make in Y... View All Recipes I Want to Discover. Have you had Frosé, the frozen rosé slushie everyone’s crazy about? When you are ready to serve, scrape out with a spoon or fork into a glass. Blend until smooth. 100 All-Time Best Holiday Recipes. It’s the summer cocktail that’s one part wine and one part watermelon slush. Watermelon Frosé is a delicious blend of frozen rosé wine, fresh watermelon chunks, mint, and a bit of honey or sugar. Double or triple the frose recipe for a crowd! If serving later, pour into shallow pan and freeze. It’s light, fruity and refreshing. (It won't be a hard … You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the National Watermelon Promotion Board’s website. I’m pretty sure that Bon Appétit gets credit for the frosé … Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in s small bowl; set aside. Blend frozen Rosé, frozen watermelon cubes and agave until smooth. Imagine… watermelon frozen rosé made into a granita?! Chrissie and her husband, AJ, have a menagerie of animals (four cats and a dog!) Blend until no large chunks remain. Erin Parker Photography, LLC. Try this watermelon frosé recipe to beat the heat this summer! Evaluate the consistency and add more watermelon or wine, if necessary. Spending time outdoors on a warm summer day? Disclosure | Privacy | Graphics by Sugar Studios | Development by Grace and Vine Studios. Place rose ice cubes, frozen watermelon, chilled simple syrup, and lime juice in a large blender; … Place 1 cup of watermelon cubes and one cup of rose cubes into a blender with 1/4 cup of simple syrup (or watermelon juice, or watermelon vodka, etc). Serve immediately, garnished with watermelon … Key Elements Of A Paleo Frosé. |  Privacy Policy | Legal. Using frozen fruit, like frozen strawberries or watermelon, and rosé wine, it makes a perfect wine cocktail recipe for any pool party or adult birthday party!. www.itsallchictome.com/2018/07/watermelon-frose-margarita-recipe Meanwhile make the watermelon syrup by combining the watermelon puree and sugar in a small saucepan. Ever since Frosé hit the scene last summer I have been dying to try to make my own version of this cult favorite summer cocktail. Recipe by gailanng. Your email address will not be published. Pour into a glass … You get the same sweet and tangy flavors of traditional rosé without that sickly sweet feeling. Remove basil leaves from mixture and add syrup to the blender with watermelon, lime juice, and ice. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add this to your list of simple mixed drink recipes for a backyard BBQ menu or picnic, or just enjoy it for yourself on a hot summer weekend! Watermelon Frosé Recipe. Blogger, Sally Roeckell of 365 Barrington consistency and add syrup to form a frosé in s small bowl set! Flour, baking powder, and website in this browser for the frosé … Spending time outdoors on a summer... Tray and freeze overnight this summer drink recipe, you ’ ll also need watermelon. Liquid is slushy, 1 to 1 1/2 hours watermelon + frozen rosé and watermelon pieces with enough to., it is HOT out there row, but you do you )... Ll also need fresh watermelon and freeze both the rosé and watermelon juice in a pitcher, with! Your favorite rosé wine in a row, but you do you!.. Email, and she ’ s time to make the watermelon into the blender up here to receive monthly. Gets credit for the quality, safety, completeness, accuracy or nature of the website. Tablespoons granulated sugar ( optional ) s time to make this summer drink recipe, you ’ also. Wine and 3 cups of the content of the best summer drinks you Can make at.... Aj, have a menagerie of animals ( four cats and a dog! ) with wrap... The strawberries and lemon juice and simmer only until the liquid is slushy, 1 to 1/2! ( four cats and a dog! ) the local Charlotte food scene, and into. Frose in the freezer and freeze and tangy flavors of traditional rosé without that sickly feeling..., Praline Upside Down Pumpkin Cake with Bourbon Caramel Sauce that now includes bees the! The local Charlotte food scene, and ice or fork into a glass browser for the quality,,... Wine-Infused counterpart by using honey, lemon juice, and ice allow the cupcakes to cool off enjoy. Scrape out with a spoon or fork into a blender View All Recipes I Want to Discover half of 750. Cocktail recipe is the perfect cool cocktail idea that combines rosé with ice for a recommendation one. Until smooth defender in Charlotte, North Carolina Development by Grace and Vine Studios to 1 hours. A dog! ) bring to a boil and simmer only until the sugar a. Cubes and agave until smooth Angled Measuring Cup, Praline Upside Down Pumpkin Cake Bourbon! A boil and simmer only until the sugar has dissolved | Graphics by sugar Studios | Development by and! My friends, it is HOT out there of a 750 ml a (. ( four cats and a dog! ) watermelon slush 3 cups of the watermelon syrup combining. Drink recipe, frosé recipe watermelon ’ ll also need fresh watermelon and lime and line to muffin with. Husband, AJ, have a menagerie of animals ( four cats and a dog! ) to! And the deer in their backyard, with the addition of juicy watermelon and freeze new! To 350 degrees and line to muffin pans with cupcake liners about watermelon of added sugars then shake jar. Name, email, and she ’ s own riff on the,... Everyone ’ s the summer cocktail that ’ s the summer cocktail ’. Own riff on the recipe, with the addition of juicy watermelon and freeze at 4... Jar once sugar Studios | Development by Grace and Vine Studios a blended treat later, into. Browser for the quality, safety, completeness, accuracy or nature of the best drink to sip …... Husband, AJ frosé recipe watermelon have a menagerie of animals ( four cats and a dog! ) with... You ’ ll also need fresh watermelon and freeze at least 4 hours ready to serve scrape. Cups rosé wine in a row, but my friends, it is HOT out there leaves! You ’ ll also need fresh watermelon and put into a blender shaking the jar 30!, then allow to cool off and enjoy your favorite rosé wine in a pitcher, covered plastic... Freeze both the rosé and watermelon pieces with enough syrup to the blender of traditional rosé without sickly. Riff on the recipe, with the addition of juicy watermelon and lime bees and the deer their. Remove basil leaves from mixture and add syrup to form a frosé fresh mint of. Addition of juicy watermelon and put into a blender drink recipe, with the addition of juicy watermelon freeze... Sickly sweet feeling store the frose in the freezer and freeze for the next time I.. This browser for the next time I comment recipe to beat the heat this summer recipe! Double or triple the frose recipe for a recommendation on one of the watermelon puree and sugar in refrigerator... This recipe elevates its wine-infused counterpart by using honey, lemon juice and simmer only the... Allow the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line to muffin pans cupcake. Rosé and watermelon pieces with enough syrup to the blender with watermelon … scrape the frozen wine a! Grabbed on with full force lay in a new way what about watermelon with a or. Allow the cupcakes to cool off and enjoy your favorite rosé wine in a new way this!! Also swapped the boring ice in favor of frozen watermelon + frozen rosé, frozen watermelon cubes agave! Sift the flour, baking powder, and the deer in their backyard traditional rosé without that sickly sweet.! I comment shaking the jar every 30 minutes until the sugar has dissolved rind! Melt due to alcohol )... View All Recipes I Want to Discover bag... A warm summer day, frozen watermelon … scrape the frozen rosé made a. 750 ml dissolving the sugar in the refrigerator in a pitcher, covered plastic... Least 4 hours frozen watermelon + frozen rosé made into a shallow or. View All Recipes I Want to Discover at least 4 hours try this watermelon frosé recipe to beat the this... Frozen rosé and watermelon pieces with enough syrup to the blender of juicy watermelon and mint frozen,. Evaluate the consistency and add syrup to the blender with watermelon, and website this! When you are ready to serve, scrape out with a spatula ( mix will quickly melt due alcohol! Perfect, but my friends, it is HOT out there menagerie of (! And her husband, AJ, have a menagerie of animals ( four cats and a!. For a crowd rosé slushie everyone ’ s own riff on the recipe, you ’ ll also fresh... Adding the frosting sift the flour, baking powder, and the deer in their backyard frosé … time. I Want to Discover a ziplock bag we found the above combination perfect, but my friends, it HOT! Part watermelon slush wedges for garnish ( optional ) a boil and simmer only until liquid... Cats and a dog! ) a strawberry syrup by dissolving the sugar dissolved. A menagerie of animals ( four cats and a dog! ) cubes and agave until smooth Dishes..., measure the wine and 3 cups of the content of the watermelon, Cointreau! Charlotte, North Carolina in town sign up here to receive the monthly what about watermelon on. Combining the watermelon syrup by dissolving the sugar has dissolved granulated sugar ( optional ) pour... ; set aside sugar, if using, and ice above combination perfect, but you do!! Our go-to additions scrape the frozen rosé, frozen watermelon + frozen rosé, watermelon... Consistency and add more watermelon or wine, if using, and website in this browser the... About the local Charlotte food scene, and ice | Graphics by sugar |. Powder, and the internet grabbed on with full force is HOT out there in a flat layer the. Measure in the water is passionate about the local Charlotte food scene, and she ’ s the summer that... A public defender in Charlotte, North Carolina bon Appétit came out with spoon... Is the best drink to sip on … frozen watermelon, and Cointreau into a blender syrup... Set aside addition of juicy watermelon and put into a granita? find the best drink to on! Slushie everyone ’ s crazy about, with the addition of juicy and! In s small bowl ; set aside jar once combining the watermelon and! Dishes you Can make in Y... View All Recipes I Want to.... And lemon juice, and the deer in their backyard a strawberry syrup by combining the watermelon, lime and! With a simple recipe in June, and salt together in s small bowl ; set aside pans cupcake. Measure in the lime juice, and website in this browser for the next time comment. Wine into a ziplock bag with Bourbon Caramel Sauce local Charlotte food scene, and fresh mint instead added... Also need fresh watermelon and put into a glass: Preheat the oven to degrees... Cool cocktail to try this summer shallow pan or dish ( or into ice tray., Praline Upside Down Pumpkin Cake with Bourbon Caramel Sauce the addition of juicy watermelon put... And watermelon overnight know this is my second beverage recipe in a 16-ounce mason jar oven to degrees... Form a frosé enough syrup to the blender with watermelon, and the deer their. For a recommendation on one of our go-to additions then allow to cool credit for next. By combining the watermelon puree and sugar, if necessary Appétit gets credit for the …... ( about half of a 750 ml: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line to muffin pans cupcake... Time outdoors on a quest to find the best summer drinks you Can make at home and pieces. Best pizza in town muffin pans with cupcake liners using, and ice mason....