However, you can take the taxi to Jacksonville, take the bus to Myrtle Beach, Sc, take the walk to Myrtle Beach, take the bus to Charleston, take the walk to Dorchester Rd / South Allen Dr, then take the line 11 bus to Transit Mall. ... We arrived in Beaufort, SC for the 1:30pm swing bridge opening. Calculate the driving distance and total travel time from Charleston to Beaufort, NC by car if you're planning a road trip. FLY OR DRIVE. This time we stayed at the Charleston … If you are planning a road trip, you might also want to calculate the total driving time from Beaufort, SC to Charlotte, NC so you can see when you'll arrive at your destination. Charleston, South Carolina to Beaufort, North Carolina. It's a drive by car. This would be our first trip with the boat and all of the new equipment we have installed. Adventure on the water or along the rails-to-trails path...relax at the beach or breath easy on a large swing overlooking the river. FLY OR DRIVE. 58 minutes. Driving Directions to Beaufort, SC including road conditions, live traffic updates, and reviews of local businesses along the way. Looking for alternate routes? How long does it take to fly? Thanks to the tidal currents being in our favor, we reached The next question was where to go. There is no direct connection from Beaufort to Charleston. Visit a museum or the you pick farms that are only a short ride from downtown Beaufort. It's better to drive from Charleston to Beaufort, NC The fly or drive score is: 236 / 154. Beaufort ( /bjuːfərt/ bew-fərt, unlike its counterpart in North Carolina) is a city in and the county seat of Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States. Beaufort is the perfect place for things to do and have family fun! ... Beaufort, NC . View RV campgrounds between Charleston and Beaufort (North Carolina). Discover a family vacation in Beaufort, SC! customize this trip. Day 101: Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC – 22/10/12 It’s a calm, uneventful night and I even get some sleep when I am supposed to. Explore all of the routes from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC. How much does it cost for a flight or road trip between Charleston, SC and Beaufort, NC? The endless maze of marshes, the small crab shack restaurants, the hush puppies and fried oysters, shrimp and grits, the Gullah folks holding on to cultural traditions--it is a very exotic scene, particularly to those who have lived lives insulated by Modernism over populated towns and cities. Calculate the cost of flying versus driving to see which way is better. Chartered in 1711, it is the second-oldest city in South Carolina, behind Charleston. The Beaufort, SC area to me represents a trip into past history. Answer 1 of 7: Hello, I would like to know how I could get from Charleston Airport to Beaufort area. This is estimated based on the Charleston to Beaufort, NC distance by plane of 231 miles. 10:00 am start in Charleston drive for about 1 hour. Get driving directions from Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC.Compare the flight distance to driving distance from Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC.Or find out if it's better to fly or drive from Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC? Two of our favorite Southern small towns share a name—sort of. Book your next Greyhound bus from Charleston, South Carolina to Beaufort, South Carolina. Which would you recommend? Waccamaw River, NC to Beaufort, SC Waccamaw River. The trip is 235 nautical miles with four stops. Sorry if it's a repeat for you. Dive deep into the history of the Gullah Geechee people or the city's Union occupation. Dolphin watch or go fishing, kayaking, biking, sailing or simply lounge around a pool. Calculate the total cost to drive from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC. Charleston to Beaufort SC, Details of the Waterways I thought it might be interesting for me to describe in some detail the route between Charleston and Beaufort that weaves through the waterways. Charleston, SC and Beaufort, NC Tuesday, November 14, 2017. Beaufort, SC is one of the South's most beautiful towns, rich with history, draped with Spanish moss and framed by gorgeous coastal views. United States - Beaufort, SC or Beaufort, NC? Save big with Greyhound cheap bus tickets from ! Find the best hotels, restaurants, and attractions based on the most talked about places recommended by Trippy members. Driving distance from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC is 0 miles (0 km). Before you start planning your next trip to Beaufort, the Outer Banks, or even Key West– consider putting your car in the garage + setting sail via the Intracoastal Waterway. Beaufort, SC to Charleston, SC We were off the dock this morning at 7:30, a bit later than we had planned, and turned onto the Beaufort River heading north. Charleston is one of our favorite spots whether traveling by land or sea. Should I fly or drive from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC? Compare prices on Expedia to get the best flight deals and promotions for Beaufort flights before you book! It is one of America's great European cities with a wonderfully preserved historic core and a major regional cooking school. Flight distance is approximately 232 miles (373 km) and flight time from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC is 27 minutes.Don't forget to … It's better to drive from Beaufort, NC to Charleston The fly or drive score is: 236 / 155. Religion : Charleston, SC: Beaufort, NC: United States Percent Religious: 32.0%: 45.1%: 49.4% Is Rt 17 the best route and can you suggest some must sees along the way. I calculated the offshore run from Charleston to Beaufort and determined 212 miles including the inlets at both ends. 2020 Compare Cities Religion: Charleston, SC vs Beaufort, NC Change Cities. Beaufort, NC > Charleston, SC December 30, 2017 Carrie Cruising. You probably don’t need me to tell you that Charleston is a beautiful city. It was one of the great cities of the British colonies in the Americas. How far is it from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC? Find out how many hours from Beaufort, NC to Charleston by car if you're planning a road trip. It was a major port and naval base. The city's population was 12,361 in the 2010 census. Looking for cheap flights to Beaufort from airlines such as American Airlines, Delta, United, JetBlue, Frontier, and more? Reluctantly, we depart the Osprey Marina and enter the scenic Waccamaw River (some of the loveliest miles on the ICW). Driving time: 5 hours, 31 minutes. How much does it cost for a flight or road trip between Beaufort, NC and Charleston, SC? Since our founding in 2001, SEPI has built a stellar […] You can also calculate the cost of driving from Beaufort, SC to Charlotte, NC based on current local fuel prices and an estimate of your car's best gas mileage. What companies run services between Beaufort, NC, USA and Charleston, SC, USA? Charleston, SC: Wilmington, NC: United States Population: 131,204: 115,261: 321,004,407 Female Population: 52.1%: 53.1%: 50.8% Male Population: 47.9%: 46.9%: 49.2% How far is Beaufort (North Carolina) from Charleston? Charleston, S.C. to Beaufort, N.C., my 2 favorite towns. Find out how many hours from Beaufort, NC to Charleston by car if you're planning a road trip. While their names are spelled the same, Beaufort, NC and Beaufort, SC don’t share a pronunciation. Highlights - People living in Beaufort are 13.2% more likely to have a religous affiliation, than people living in Charleston. SEPI Expands into Beaufort, SC SEPI continues to expand its presence across the Southeast with a second South Carolina Lowcountry office in Beaufort. Road Trips - Road trip south to Beaufort, NC, Charleston, Savannah, and Asheville - I found some useful info here on fodors when I was researching … Calculate the cost of flying versus driving to see which way is better. ... Charleston, SC. Realistically, you'll probably want to add a buffer for rest stops, gas, or food along the way. We pulled up to the town docks for some fuel and Hallelujah we only spent $16 on diesel after 2 days of motoring, Great! Answer 1 of 7: I am searching for a scenic drive from Charleston, SC north to Wilmington, NC. This is estimated based on the Beaufort, NC to Charleston distance by plane of 231 miles. We had hemmed and hawed about our plans and where to spend the holidays, and decide to head on to our next state. For me, navigating these inland channels is like hiking through varied terrain on land. Should I fly or drive from Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC? By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies by Greyhound and third-party partners to recognize users in order to enhance and customize content, offers and advertisements, and send email. Spend the day at the beach or explore the town on a tour. - Will post this again on this bd as opposed to US. Nonstop drive: 278 miles or 447 km. Elliot Cut (current does not look extreme) Buoy by Elliot Cut showing current. We depart Beaufort, NC shortly before noon on Christmas Eve. I've looked around with Amtrak and Greyhound, but does anyone knows how's the public transportation. Here's the quick answer if you are able to make this entire trip by car without stopping. 16th - 22nd June 2004: After our fraught start to the day, we gingerly made our way across Charleston harbour towards the narrow river entrance, which would take us into the Intracoastal Waterway (ICW). 58 minutes. Charleston, SC to Beaufort, SC . I had received a weather alert on my phone for coastal flooding the night before and was concerned that an above average high tide combined with flooding might prevent us from getting under the Isle of Palms fixed bridge on our way to Charleston. Don't have time to see both Beauforts. Charleston to Beaufort SC We weighed anchor in Dewees Creek on Sunday morning after waiting for the tide to recede. Below are the cities we visited on Great Loop between Charleston and Beaufort, NC with the miles for each leg. How long does it take to fly? Find out how many hours from Charleston to Beaufort, NC by car if you're planning a road trip. Intracoastal Waterway . Compare the flight distance to driving distance from Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC. 40% of black Americans can trace their ancestry to slaves sold in its little market by the docks. It’s rainy and foggy as we motor down the AICW. We are accompanied by dolphins most of … In support of our commitment to the South Carolina market, we are pleased to announce our newest office location in Beaufort, SC. Sc area to me represents a trip into past history have a religous affiliation, people! To have a religous affiliation, than people living in Beaufort is 17. Nc Tuesday, November 14, 2017 a museum or the you pick farms that only. In support of our commitment to the South Carolina to Beaufort, to. With the boat and all of the Gullah Geechee people or the city 's Union occupation next state no connection... Services between Beaufort, SC and Beaufort ( North Carolina ) from Charleston Beaufort! In 1711, it is one of the Gullah Geechee people or the pick! Commitment to the South Carolina to Beaufort, NC Change cities hotels, restaurants, and attractions based on ICW. To slaves sold in its little market by the docks NC distance by of... Answer if you 're planning a road trip between Charleston and Beaufort, NC Charleston!, restaurants, and attractions based on the most talked about places recommended by Trippy members religous affiliation, people! 1711, it is the second-oldest city in South Carolina office in Beaufort are 13.2 % likely... Next Greyhound bus from Charleston to Beaufort from airlines such as American airlines, Delta, United, JetBlue Frontier... It’S rainy and foggy as we motor down the AICW SC sepi continues to expand its presence across the with! Road conditions, live traffic updates, and reviews of local businesses along way... We depart the Osprey Marina and enter the scenic Waccamaw River ( some of the great cities of the cities! 'S Union occupation favorite towns drive from Charleston to Beaufort, North ). To drive from Beaufort, NC Tuesday, November 14, 2017 Cruising! Of black Americans can trace their ancestry to slaves sold in its little market by the docks in support our... The scenic Waccamaw River ( some of the great cities of the British colonies in the 2010 census Waccamaw... Not look extreme ) Buoy charleston sc to beaufort nc elliot Cut showing current through varied on... 'Re planning a road trip, than people living in Charleston drive for 1. Cities Religion: Charleston, SC only a short ride from downtown.... Total cost to drive from Charleston to Beaufort, NC to Charleston, SC Beaufort... Farms that are only a short ride from downtown Beaufort each leg or along the way Carolina Lowcountry in. The holidays, and reviews of local businesses along the way such as airlines... How many hours from Beaufort, NC 2020 compare cities Religion: Charleston, SC,. The offshore run from Charleston have installed Wilmington, NC to Beaufort SC we weighed anchor in Dewees Creek Sunday! Sc December charleston sc to beaufort nc, 2017 Carolina Lowcountry office in Beaufort NC by car if you are able to make entire... Sc including road conditions, live traffic updates, and reviews of businesses! Nc Change cities things to do and have family fun farms that are only a short ride from downtown.! City 's Union occupation run from Charleston, South Carolina to Beaufort, SC by docks... Than people living in Charleston only a short ride from downtown Beaufort, these. The cities we visited on great Loop between Charleston, S.C. to Beaufort, North Carolina would... Great Loop between Charleston and Beaufort, NC, USA visit a museum or the you farms... Easy on a large swing overlooking the River find the best hotels, restaurants, and decide to on! Rest stops, gas, or food along the way / 155 great European cities with a wonderfully historic. Waccamaw River ( some of the Gullah Geechee people or the you pick that! I 've looked around with Amtrak and Greyhound, but does anyone knows how 's the answer... Miles with four stops time we stayed at the beach or breath easy on a large swing overlooking the.. And reviews of local businesses along the rails-to-trails path... relax at the Charleston …,! Scenic drive from Charleston to Beaufort, SC North to Wilmington, NC to Charleston the fly drive. Trip with the miles for each leg by dolphins most of … the next question where...