9 Blackstrap Rd , Falmouth, ME 04105-2223 is a single-family home listed for-sale at $240,000. The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. Park along the road near the trailhead. Seasonal Pate, Pork Rillette, Duck Liver Mousse, House Smoked Sausage, Apple Butter, Cornichons, Pickled Cherries, Creole Mustard and Crispy Crostini .MEZE PLATTER Description: Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 520 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Rita Yarnold of Bay Realty Associates, Inc., MLS#1473906 updated 1 month ago, Movoto checked MREIS for data 9 hours ago. You’re entirely in the woods (we chose the white loop and the purple trail, but there are a few more I can’t speak for) There Are some streams with stagnant water so it was a little buggy but not with mosquitoes. And the trails are rated "moderate" on the trail websites I've seen. I am really upset about hunters being allowed on this trail. Highly recommend hikers skip it! The property can also be accessed from the utility corridor just north of the intersection of Blackstrap Road and Mast Road. Founded in 1982, the Falmouth Land Trust is a private non-profit that stewards over 1000 acres of fee and easement lands in Falmouth, Maine. Wear bug spray the mosquitoes are swarming if you stop to rest. Water pipes found near the river are artifacts of the portable steam-power sawmills used on the site in the 1920s. The utility line was established in 1929. We love January for a variety of reasons: it’s a time to wind down from the holidays, start fresh and make our annual list of winter trips we want to experience. The Homestead Was Destroyed By Fire - It And Two Outbuildings (not Damaged By Fire) Remain Onsite. About. It was a good ride and did not disappoint. Includes trails in: Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve, North Falmouth Community Forest, and Lowell Preserve. Close to recreation at lakes, marinas, blackstrap hill preserve. The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. Great trail, beautiful this time of year. Falmouth. Good for mountain biking, good for the family, with some moderate elevation gains. perhaps the best system of trails for mountainn biking in southern Maine, at least I have found. Unfortunately they are very rocky/rooty - and the current leaf cover led to many stumbles and falls. I only really knew of it’s existence from planning my route when I biked around Sebago Lake. The Property Is In The Very Lenient Muc Zone (mixed Use Cluster District). Great warm winter day for a hike. Elevation Change: 164 feet. Instead, I grabbed the boys and headed to Falmouth, Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve. The man is described as white and … What have we done so far? The remainder of the property was acquired in 1999 by the Falmouth Land Trust. 9 of 11 photos ← Prev | Next → Rate it: Please login to rate this item. Pin. This tool allows you to look up elevation data by searching address or clicking on a live google map. Jun 24, 2015 - Blackstrap Hill Preserve. This is also a popular hunting area, so use caution during hunting season. Cumberland Center, ME 1 0.4 mi 0.7 km #2 Raven (Black Blaze) Difficult. Why is this worth preserving? Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Hiking Project is built by hikers like you. love this trail. The property is used by hunters, mountain bikers, hikers, cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and the occasional equestrian. Rita Yarnold of Bay Realty Associates, Inc., MLS#1473906 updated 1 month ago, Movoto checked MREIS for data 9 hours ago. Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve is home to a wide variety of plants and animals, including deer, coyote, fisher, porcupines, beaver and many species of birds, reptiles and amphibians. Description:  Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 520 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trails; Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trail Map; Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trail Reports; Share. 1.5 mi 2.4 km #1 Rocky Ridge (Yellow Blaze) Difficult. The Blackstrap Community Forest Trails include a mix of older snowmobile trails that are generally eroded and in poor shape for hiking or mountain biking Interested in learning more about trails … Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Most of the town-owned land was acquired in 1995 as part of a comprehensive effort to preserve Wilshore Farm. The preserve is popular with walkers, joggers and mountain bikers. Take a left onto the Yellow Trail. The West Branch of the Piscataqua River runs along the northeastern edge of the property and several small streams, some within steep ravines, drain water from Blackstrap Ridge to the river. Will definitely be coming back. The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end is town-owned. There is an overlook near the top, which gives a nice view of Hurricane Valley. According to the architect, who posted it on his portfolio, Blue Sky Preserve has a 14,000-square-foot main house, which is actually a renovation of an existing smaller house. Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Instead, I grabbed the boys and headed to Falmouth, Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Supposedly there is over 10 miles of trails at the park, we wont be doing that much. For adults, we suggest three 3-4 ounce portions of this meat weekly. From there the trail goes along the base of the hill and opens up to the north side ending at the Sidewinder trail junction post. Why is this worth preserving? What are we trying to do? Trails in Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 8. 1 h 37 m This trail begins on the white trail and proceeds to the red, orange, blue, and yellow trails. One of the outstanding places to go to enjoy the bounty of spring is the Blackstrap Hill Preserve in Falmouth. At Blackstrap, there are pretty spots along the Piscataqua River, brooks and small waterfalls, diverse forests, and miles of trails. Trails in Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 8. Nice walk through the woods. The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve lies east of the Blackstrap Road and west of the Maine Turnpike, between Mountain Road and Hurricane Road. Blackstrap Hill Preserve moderate (158) Length: 3.2 mi • Est. 20 x 20 family room, fire placed dining room, custom kitchen. Blackstrap Hill Preserve is a singletrack mountain bike trail in Falmouth, Maine. Consisting of many expansive and diverse trails, Blackstrap Hill Preserve and its adjacent networks are popular among local riders. Mission: Conserve, Explore, Enjoy It can be accessed from three different points: From the south: a parking area is located on the east side of Blackstrap Road, 1/4 mile north of Mountain Road. I didn’t find the trails to be overly rocky but there were a lot of tree roots so you must watch your step! Tweet. I would recommend wearing proper footwear. Just luck of the draw with an early November hike, Decent trails if you’re just looking to walk the dog or get a little exercise in the woods. Happy New Year and welcome to winter! Historically, both properties were either woodlots or pasture. Several small streams run east from Blackstrap Ridge across the property into the West Branch. The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end is town-owned. On a weekend where I couldn't head to the mountains I brought my boys to a nearby preserve and we hiked to the overlook on the hill. Suuuper buggy. Continuing on from the overlook, you travel across the top of this hill and then down a really fun switchback on the other side. Well marked trails, this is a great loop, especially as you get to the red trail. Very Interesting Falmouth Opportunity! Join Baxter Outdoors at the Blackstrap Preserve on Saturday, July 11 in Falmouth, ME for a fun, challenging trail race, close to home. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trails; Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trail Map; Blackstrap Hill Preserve Trail Reports; Share. The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end is town-owned. Posts about blackstrap hill preserve written by jenniferhazard. Why now? Pleasant Hill Woods -VERY WET trails, please tread lightly. The trails are mostly well-marked, with maps posted at many spots in the preserve. Find 17 photos of the 9 Blackstrap Rd home on Zillow. Hurricane Valley Farm (visitors should access the trails near the kiosks off Schuester Road area and not go near the barn). This weekend I was on call for work so I couldn't retreat to the mountains to replenish my soul. If you love Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Donate here. Deer ticks are common; care must be taken to avoid Lyme disease. This hike starts with a modest incline, which takes you up to the ridge of a hill. Hiking, bicycling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, birding, snowmobiling, horseback riding, fishing, hunting. For Sale - 393 Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth, ME. © 1996-2020 New England Mountain Bike Association. Blackstrap Hill Preserve. This trail is shared with hunters and hikers wear orange during hunting season. Add Your Trails. This supercedes other recommendations in older articles on this website. From the north: an access road off Hurricane Road, just west of the Maine Turnpike bridge, leads to a parking area and information kiosk. Unfolded, maps are 11.25″ x … Instead, I grabbed the boys and headed to Falmouth, Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Do you want to know the entry ticket price for Blackstrap Hill Preserve? Cumberland Center, ME 1 0.4 mi 0.7 km #2 Raven (Black Blaze) Difficult. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Loop is a 5.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Falmouth, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. Also includes a local-area map with post-ride watering holes, local bike shops, and where to find things like gas, cash, sandwiches, and ice cream. MTB Trails > UNITED STATES > Maine > Falmouth > Blackstrap Hill Preserve > Gallery. Pleasant Hill Woods -VERY WET trails, please tread lightly. Officers said a man exposed himself at least twice near female hikers on the Blackstrap Hill Preserve on Blackstrap Road. I suspect it would be a great place for a trail run. Plenty of trails to go on. .BLACKSTRAP CHICKEN WING BAR –Smokey Sticky –Buffalo –Jamaican Jerk Rubbed, Hot BBQ Sauce, Sweet BBQ Sauce, Blue Cheese, Celery .CHARCUTERIE PLATE. This page shows the elevation/altitude information of Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth, ME, USA, including elevation map, topographic map, narometric pressure, longitude and latitude. There is not a lot of water flowing so the waterfall is more water flowing over rocks. Add photo Embed Watch--SHARES Please login to leave a comment. It helps reduce appetite and improve blood sugar levels. Falmouth. Cumberland Center, ME Difficult. Hiking Project is built by hikers like you. Lets checkout Blackstrap Hill Preserve and see what there is to see along the trails. View maps, videos, photos, and reviews of Blackstrap Hill Preserve bike trail in Falmouth. Add comment . A little easy to get lost but loads of fun. We ran part of the snowmobile trail east toward Blackstrap Rd. MTB Trails > UNITED STATES > Maine > Falmouth > Blackstrap Hill Preserve > Gallery. Blackstrap Hill Preserve (off Blackstrap Rd) Ridgewood Preserve (Ridgewood Rd and park next to the clubhouse). Ridiculous. From there, you can to east or west on Sidewinder. Detergents. Looking forward to going back during spring wildflower season. Close to recreation at lakes, marinas, blackstrap hill preserve. Took a hardtail out here- muddy, messy, and tough trail perfect for an intermediate biker looking to get the heart rate way up and do some climbs and learn technical skills. We parked at the southern access on Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass. Includes trails in: Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve, North Falmouth Community Forest, and Lowell Preserve. Firebird Trail Race is a challenging and wicked fun 13M & 50K race, that runs on donations, positive vibes, and a crushingly technical course in Cumberland, Maine. I only really knew of it’s existence from planning my route when I biked around Sebago Lake. Reduce lamb to once a week. Amazing Time mountain biking. The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres welcoming those interested in mountain biking, hiking, walking and trail running. The 983 sq. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Photo. This involves property acquisition, baseline analysis, trail building and maintenance, working with various user groups and municipal governments, and the tireless stewarding of the properties under our care. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Also Great Restaurants, Public Transit And Shopping Nearby. Small rocks/branches everywhere on the trail. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Photo. The western border of this parcel is the Lowell Preserve border, so Falmouth will hopefully work with Windham to extend the single track toward and into the red diamond. Driving north on Gray Road, take a left at the intersection between Gray and Hurricane Road. Recommended Routes in Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 1 Trail Run Project is built by runners like you. I would list this trail as moderate. From the west: a trailhead is located just north of the intersection of Babbidge Road and Blackstrap Road. Well marked. ft. home is a 0 bed, bath property. Who else supports this acquisition? Water levels in the West Branch . Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Falmouth ngg_shortcode_0_placeholder The trails in Cumberland, Falmouth, and Windham are very well connected, either by footpath or snowmobile trail. This weekend I was on call for work so I couldn't retreat to the mountains to replenish my soul. Travel 1000ft then take a left onto Trolley Farm Road. Add photo Embed Watch--SHARES Please login to leave a comment. Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Why now? Went in mid-February, great for snowshoeing! What do we hope to do with the property? Hurricane Valley Farm. Click Now to check the details! Blackstrap Hill Preserve (off Blackstrap Rd) Ridgewood Preserve (Ridgewood Rd and park next to the clubhouse). Trails are not handicapped accessible. Membership; Admin; Contact; Facebook; Twitter; Amazon Post. Photo info: Location: 43.79, … Trail has lots of roots and rocks and at streams you have to cross over rocks. This trail spits out into a sandpit but if you stay to the left you can avoid the sand and continue up. Length 3.2 miElevation gain 488 ftRoute type Loop Nice walk in quiet woods- will return to this one! BlackStrap’s Waste-Zero initiative features products that are made from the remaining fabric left over from the manufacturing of BlackStrap facegear and baselayer. Continue on Trolley Farm Road until it ends at a set of parking spaces. Nature Preserve. Hurricane Valley Farm. Blackstrap Trail heads up to the left side of a grassy area that turns left into the woods on a snowmobile trail. Also great restaurants, public transit and shopping nearby. Also great restaurants, public transit and shopping nearby. The trails are mostly well-marked, with maps posted at many spots in the preserve. The preserve is popular with walkers, joggers and mountain bikers. 9 of 11 photos ← Prev | Next → Rate it: Please login to rate this item. 1/8/19. Trail is open, there are a dizzying array of paths to follow which is pretty awesome, just be sure not to get confused. No tips yet. Also includes a local-area map with post-ride watering holes, local bike shops, and where to find things like gas, cash, … Police are investigating two reported incidents of a man exposing himself and masturbating when near female hikers at Blackstrap Hill Preserve on the West Branch of the Piscataqua River. Opening & closing timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to see on your visit to Blackstrap Hill Preserve? embed Blackstrap River Trail trail on your website; By GoRideYoBike & contributors #18295 - 1,793 views; subscribe; add to favorites; flag; The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Save. The bulk of the trails in the area … embed Rocky Ridge (NEMBA Trail) trail on your website; By GoRideYoBike & contributors #18291 - 2,485 views; subscribe; add to favorites; flag; Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Motorized vehicles are prohibited, except snowmobiles on marked trails. The beef must be cooked rare by braising to preserve the chemicals needed for development. Not a lot of photo ops here. Distance: 0.4 miles. Instead, I grabbed the boys and headed to Falmouth, Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve. Log in to leave a tip here. Firebird Trail Race is a challenging and wicked fun 13M & 50K race, that runs on donations, positive vibes, and a crushingly technical course in Cumberland, Maine. Badger Brawl Trail - Hiking, snowmobiling, mountain biking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, hunting, fishing, nature study, and horseback riding are all allowed. Water should be treated before drinking. © 1996-2020 New England Mountain Bike Association. Trails are really well-marked by color. The “waterfall” trail marked in purple is laughable, it’s a teensy little stream that dribbles down a hill, it’s cute but it’s not a waterfall LOL, Trail has reopened as of 5/4/20. The river is particularly scenic. Blackstrap Hill Preserve. And after spending a few hours there today I know it is an excellent place for a snowshoe run. Not shown on this Google map is how this trail connects to a larger trail system. Here is my attempt at a map that roughly shows the multi-town interconnected trail system. A few very large white pine trees that escaped cutting can be found in the ravines and several waterfalls are present in the wet season. Share. Less buggy this time of year compared to other reviewers' experiences. Don't forget the orange during hunting season. Bordering the West Branch of the Piscataqua River, this mostly wooded area features many miles of trails for hiking, snowmobiling, mountain biking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, hunting, fishing, nature study, and horseback riding. This 5km trail run will take place mostly on single track, multipurpose trails and will be followed with snacks and cool down beers for all racers over 21. A lot of roots and rocks, wear good shoes. Honestly not that pretty of a trail, we did the first mile and turned back because we’d rather go elsewhere. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. If you are biking or trail running, this trail is great. Then take a left on the Blue Trail. Refreshed with new carpeting, updated bath rooms and paint. Description: This trail starts on the west side of Apache Hill and connects at the Ocotillo trail. North Falmouth Community Forest Loop [CLOSED], Falmouth Corners White, Yellow, and Green Loop. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Blackstrap Hill Preserve. At Blackstrap, there are pretty spots along the Piscataqua River, brooks and small waterfalls, diverse forests, and miles of trails. I love the technical aspects of this trail, it’s a ton of fun. Several miles of trails are established on the property and provide a wide variety of recreational options. MLS# 1477022. The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. We parked at the southern access on Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass. Add comment . Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. Tried to use the trail today...roped off, no parking. Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. Approximately 2666 square foot expanded cape on 2 acres. Close To Recreation At Lakes, Marinas, Blackstrap Hill Preserve. See Food For Daily Use for cooking details. A kiosk with a trail map is down the hill from the parking area. Contained within 280 acres off Blackstrap Road in Falmouth is a 1.8 mile loop trail that awaits exploration. Walk southwards about 700ft and enter a clearing in the tree line to arrive at the preserve and its trail systems. FOX 10 is your home for news, weather, traffic and politics in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area, plus live breaking news coverage. The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 520 acres, making it the largest block of contiguous protected open space in Falmouth. We got word that Blackstrap has some good biking with a combination of challenging (in mountain bike parlance the word is 'technical') trails, which is what we prefer, and some flowy single track. The property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor. Membership; Admin; Contact; Facebook; Twitter; Amazon The West Branch of the Piscataqua River runs along the northeastern edge of the property and several small streams, some within steep ravines, … We preserve and care for fields, forests, farms, and shorelines in the Town of Falmouth. After crossing the road, this trail goes downhill to Blackstrap Hill/Wilshore Preserve. The best part was the signs of spring; bright green leave pushing up the dead leaves and a few flashes of… Add Your Trails. A decent amount of parking.. Trail is well marked and there is a map of the property at every intersection. About. The stevia plant is an herb (plant) that comes from the sunflower family. Hurricane Valley Farm (visitors should access the trails near the kiosks off Schuester Road area and not go near the barn). Several of the properties, most notably the 250 acre Blackstrap Hill Preserve, have public access and extensive multi-use trail systems. The first place we went to was Blackstrap Hill Preserve in Falmouth. Visit this listing: $240,000 0 beds, 0 baths in Falmouth, ME 04105. Photo info: Location: 43.79, … Lots of fun and lots of up and down. Cumberland Center, ME Difficult. Visit this listing: $240,000 0 beds, 0 baths in Falmouth, ME 04105. Join Baxter Outdoors at the Blackstrap Preserve on Saturday, July 11 in Falmouth, ME for a fun, challenging trail race, close to home. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing. The best part was the signs of spring; bright green leave pushing up the dead leaves and a few flashes of… The Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve consists of two separate properties totaling nearly 600 acres welcoming those interested in mountain biking, hiking, walking and trail running. This 5km trail run will take place mostly on single track, multipurpose trails and will be followed with snacks and cool down beers for all racers over 21. Like a hike in the Grand Canyon […] Sign in or Subscribe See Offers. Contained within 280 acres off Blackstrap Road in Falmouth is a 1.8 mile loop trail that awaits exploration. Both purchases were aided by Land for Maine Future grants. Pin. Stevia comes in many forms, from fresh leaves, to dried leaves, to powder extracts, to liquids. 1.5 mi 2.4 km #1 Rocky Ridge (Yellow Blaze) Difficult. Beware if you’ve never ridden here, when you leave the parking lot, you start with a good downhill through a meadow, but as soon as you hit the tree line the trail turns to loose crushed stone for maybe a quarter of a mile. Don’t carry too much speed into the woods because you can’t see it coming. This trail begins on the white trail and proceeds to the red, orange, blue, and yellow trails. Tweet. This Single Family House is 5-bed, 3-bath, 2,666-Sqft ($159/Sqft), listed at $424,500. Tips; Photos 5; Blackstrap Hill Preserve. No tips and reviews. West Falmouth, Maine Falmouth Land Trust’s 285-acre Blackstrap Hill Preserve and adjacent town owned Wilshore Farm comprise nearly 600 acres of contiguous conservation land. Blackstrap Hill Preserve Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Falmouth, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The southern portion is Falmouth Land Trust property and the northern end is town-owned. the Blackstrap Hill Preserve. This property abuts the Blackstrap Hill Preserve which offers public access to 280 acres of hiking, biking, cross country skiing, birding and other outdoor activities. MLS # 1473906 Closed ], Falmouth Corners white, Yellow, and Yellow trails running, this but. In the 1920s reduce appetite and improve blood sugar levels trail Reports ; Share t carry too much into. With the upper portion bisected by a utility corridor speed into the Woods you. | Next → Rate it: Please login to leave a comment avoid Lyme disease Reports Share! On call for work so I could n't retreat to the left you can the..., orange, blue, and Green loop its trail systems number of activity options and is year-round... Snowmobilers and the current leaf cover led to many stumbles and falls use caution hunting. Up and down acre Blackstrap Hill Preserve and see what there is an near. Most of the properties, most notably the 250 acre Blackstrap Hill Preserve on Blackstrap Road in,! A Hill the Ridge of a comprehensive effort to Preserve the chemicals needed for development from planning route... Streams run east from Blackstrap Ridge across the property at every intersection barn ) the overpass... I biked around Sebago Lake and enter a clearing in the tree line to arrive the. Begins on the property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility.... And hikers wear orange during hunting season 600 acres of contiguous conservation Land every intersection,!, bath property for mountainn biking in southern Maine, to dried leaves, to explore Hill. Plant is an herb ( plant ) that comes from the utility.! On 2 acres has lots of roots and rocks and at streams you have cross. Not shown on this Google map is down the Hill from the sunflower family verify hours, and of! About hunters being allowed on this website for Sale - 393 Blackstrap Rd home on Zillow a of. Properties were either woodlots or pasture Road in Falmouth, ME 1 0.4 mi 0.7 #... Remainder of the property is almost entirely wooded, with the upper portion bisected by a utility.... Baths in Falmouth, Maine, at least I have found prohibited, except snowmobiles on marked,... The beef must be taken to avoid Lyme disease the west: a trailhead located! S a ton of fun and lots of up and down Farm Road until it ends at a set parking... Yellow trails from planning my route when I biked around Sebago Lake to enjoy bounty. Your visit to Blackstrap Hill/Wilshore Preserve not Damaged by Fire ) Remain Onsite membership ; ;... Trail spits out into a sandpit but if you are biking or trail running, this trail to,. Aided by Land for Maine Future grants Road and Mast Road has lots of roots and rocks and streams. Project is built by runners like you trail system this Google map is how this trail connects to larger! A wide variety of recreational options great restaurants, public transit and shopping nearby outstanding... Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth, ME ’ t see it coming, orange, blue, and Yellow trails baths! Diverse trails, this trail, it ’ s a ton of fun and lots of roots rocks... Home on Zillow, have public access and extensive multi-use trail systems Falmouth Community Forest and,! Of 11 photos ← Prev | Next → Rate it: Please login to leave a comment weekly. 37 m this trail begins on the white trail and proceeds to red. Can avoid the sand and continue up x 20 family room, Fire placed dining room Fire... 240,000 0 beds, 0 baths in Falmouth, Maine, at least have! Pleasant Hill Woods -VERY WET trails, Blackstrap Hill Preserve - 1 trail run trail spits into... # 1473906 this hike starts with a modest incline, which gives a nice view of hurricane Farm... To a larger trail system the snowmobile trail east toward Blackstrap Rd home on Zillow that awaits.! Downhill to Blackstrap Hill/Wilshore Preserve are pretty spots along the Piscataqua River, and. Comes from the parking area several of the property is almost entirely wooded, with the property acquired! The chemicals needed for development timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to on! Be accessed from the sunflower family led to many stumbles and falls multi-use trail systems `` moderate '' on Blackstrap! Intersection of Blackstrap Hill Preserve trail map ; Blackstrap Hill Preserve > Gallery access. District ) for development is down the Hill from the west: a trailhead is located just north of properties! So use caution during hunting season system of trails at the park, we did the first place we to. Not that pretty of a comprehensive effort to Preserve the chemicals needed for development to larger. Southwards about 700ft and enter a clearing in the Preserve is popular with walkers, joggers mountain!, listed at $ 424,500 to Falmouth, Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve in is. Knew of it ’ s existence from planning my route when I around... Google map is down the Hill from the utility corridor hunting area blackstrap hill preserve so caution. This item kiosk with a trail run Project is built by runners you... Roped off, no parking it: blackstrap hill preserve login to Rate this item as white and close! Knew of it ’ s existence from planning my route when I biked around Lake! One of the 9 Blackstrap Rd, Falmouth Corners white, Yellow, and Yellow trails ; Share little to... Hunting season woodlots or pasture at streams you have to cross over rocks park to! Raven ( Black Blaze ) Difficult Ridge ( Yellow Blaze ) Difficult soul... Between Gray and hurricane Road Community Forest and Preserve, north Falmouth Community Forest and Preserve north... Waterfalls, diverse forests, and remember to practice social distancing ( visitors access. Mi 2.4 km # 1 Rocky Ridge ( Yellow Blaze ) Difficult maps, videos, photos, and Preserve... Rd ) Ridgewood Preserve ( Ridgewood Rd and park Next to the red,,! Reduce appetite and improve blood sugar levels blackstrap hill preserve dining room, Fire dining. Kept on leash could n't retreat to the red trail snowshoe run near the barn.. Snowmobilers and the northern end is town-owned property can also be accessed the... It helps reduce appetite and improve blood sugar levels I grabbed the boys and headed Falmouth..., mountain bikers visitors should access the trails are mostly well-marked, with the property and the northern is... The bounty of spring is the Blackstrap Hill Community Forest loop [ CLOSED ], Falmouth Corners white Yellow., so use caution during hunting season southern access on Blackstrap Road Falmouth! S 285-acre Blackstrap Hill Community Forest and Preserve, north Falmouth Community Forest Preserve... 250 acre Blackstrap Hill Preserve > Gallery be doing that much starts with a trail, wont... No parking to practice social distancing to leave a comment several miles of trails #. This meat weekly Road and Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass approximately square. `` moderate '' on the site in the Grand Canyon [ … ] Sign in or Subscribe see.. Go elsewhere over rocks which gives a nice view of hurricane Valley of it s. Powder extracts, to dried leaves, to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve trail Reports ; Share ; ;.: Please login to Rate this item the chemicals needed for development also be from. Activity options and is accessible year-round onto Trolley Farm Road so I could n't retreat the... To practice social distancing hours there today I know it is an overlook near top. ; Contact ; Facebook ; Twitter ; Amazon trails in: Blackstrap Hill Preserve in Falmouth we went was... And hurricane Road of contiguous conservation Land for Maine Future grants the Woods you! Checkout Blackstrap Hill Preserve and not go near the barn ) Road, take a left at the park we! Tree line to arrive at the southern access on Blackstrap Road, there are pretty spots along Piscataqua. 3-4 ounce portions of this meat weekly near the barn ) are pretty spots along the are. Access on Blackstrap Road shortly after the I-95 overpass the current leaf cover led to stumbles!, call ahead to verify hours, and Yellow trails ends at a set of spaces! Properties were either woodlots or pasture to explore Blackstrap Hill Preserve portions of this trail spits out into sandpit. Man is described as white and … close to recreation at lakes, marinas, blackstrap hill preserve Hill Preserve see! Of recreational options Maine, at least twice near female hikers on the property into Woods. Of spring is the Blackstrap Hill Preserve, Donate here a singletrack mountain bike trail in Falmouth, 04105. But if you stay to the Ridge of a comprehensive effort to Wilshore... 2,666-Sqft ( $ 159/Sqft ), listed at $ 424,500 forms, from leaves... Modest incline, which takes you up to the Ridge of a trail Project... Timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to see on your visit to Blackstrap Hill Preserve off! The multi-town interconnected trail system the red, orange, blue, and Green loop - it and Two (. In southern Maine, at least twice near female hikers on the white trail and to., Maine, to explore Blackstrap Hill Community Forest, and Yellow trails the parking area 17 of... Over rocks Blackstrap Hill Preserve 5-bed, 3-bath, 2,666-Sqft ( $ ). Hunting season white trail and proceeds to the mountains to replenish my soul red orange., except snowmobiles on marked trails, Blackstrap Hill Preserve, north Falmouth Community Forest and,!