When you’re done with the wine tasting, there are lots of antique markets in Loudoun, plus the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets for shoppers. St. Andrews Bay has the largest population of bottle-nose dolphins in the world! There’s nothing like a beach getaway to put your mind at ease. Miami is a famous beach destination and the glorious weather make any time of year great for visiting. Whether you’re close enough to road trip down to the last stop on Highway A1A or you need to hop a flight, unplugging and relaxation are at the top of the list of things to do in Key West. And there’s also the fact that in Palm Beach, you’ll find a level of sophistication and old school refinement unlike anywhere else in the US. Dolphin tours depart regularly and will often include a stop by the beautiful Shell Island. Still, you should go, eat some amazing seafood, walk up and down the main drag, and talk to everyone you meet. One of the best east coast destinations for a weekend getaway is Philadelphia. Of course, summer isn’t the only excellent time to visit: the stunning fall foliage turns the park into a colorful wonderland during its peak, making Acadia National Park one of the best fall weekend getaways on the East Coast. Can you see my excitement? …as in, if I could never go anywhere else again, these would be top of my list. a few other seasonal travel posts I’ve written include quick spring getaways, three fall road trips, and the five best winter weekend getaways on the East Coast. However, there are a few top must-sees! Summer Weekend Getaways for the East Coast Nantucket, MA. First of all, the city itself is beautiful. When I’m not traveling, you’ll find me hiking, cooking, practicing yoga, and cuddling with my puppy. I really didn’t love the town of Bar Harbor, but Acadia National Park is spellbinding. The Falls Park’s trails intertwine with the more extensive Swamp Rabbit Trail. After checking out some of their recommendations, we already have a list of new places we want to explore soon! To read more in our Best Affordable Weekend Getaways series, click here! This hike is strenuous and lengthy (9.2 miles and a 2,380-foot elevation gain). I’m still kicking myself for not going more often when I’m in driving distance. The best time to visit is, of course, in the fall, to experience the beautiful fall colors. Guests staying at the Westin Poinsett will be ideally located on Main Street. ), and the varied number of things to do in Acadia National Park. The colonial town is one of the premier ski destinations on the East Coast! It’s the perfect little (busy) island getaway that is close to plenty of other awesome places like Naples and Big Cypress National Preserve. The exciting city is conveniently located near other major cities, Washington D.C. and New York City. Not only is it on the Chesapeake Bay — perfect for swimming in the summer months — but it’s also one of those towns that just oozes community spirit. Explore More: See hotel details | See all Philadelphia, PA hotels. As for me, I love long weekends and whenever I can afford I go somewhere. California: The Best Weekend Getaways in CaliforniaNational Parks: The Best US National Parks to Visit in the FallCanada: Driving the Icefields ParkwayNevada: The Best Things to Do in Las VegasCaribbean: The Best Caribbean Islands for Your First VisitNevada: 15 Beautiful Places to Visit in Nevada. St. Augustine, located near Jacksonville, Florida, is one of the best places to visit on the East Coast. Charleston, South Carolina. Little Havana is another historic neighborhood with delicious foods and authentic Cuban kitchens. I hopped the border from Florida a few years ago for my first visit to Gulf Shores and I was so impressed on that day trip that I’m heading back this year. This classy hotel is located such that almost everything on Main Street is just a few minutes’ walk in either direction. This Atlantic coastal town was the spot of the Mayflower landing in 1620. Walk Boston’s famous Freedom Trail, or take a guided tour of the 16 historical markers and monuments along the 2.5 mile route. Discover the six best places to visit for a weekend getaway from New York City that feel like a world away, and the most stylish places to stay in each. 1. Roanoke is one of the best mountain destinations for summer, but it’s also a great fall getaway. Where to Stay: Quimby House Inn. 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the “Virginia is for Lovers” campaign and Cape Charles is the most lovely place in the state. Boston is truly one of the best cities in the United States. The West End and the East Side are perfect counterparts to each other. And that’s our list of 10 best east coast weekend getaways for couples! Book Trips and Activities Easy with Trip Advisor My Top 10 List of East Coast Family Getaways with Tweens and Teens . Asheville, North Carolina; Destin, Florida; Providence, Rhode Island; Panama City Beach, Florida; Wine Country, Northern Virginia; Hudson Valley, New York; Key West, Florida; Washington, D.C. Woodstock, Vermont; St. Augustine, Florida; Provincetown, Massachusetts; New York City, New York; Marco Island, Florida; Charleston, South Carolina There’s nothing quite like a good weekend getaway. South Beach is the best place to stay in Miami if you’re traveling for nightlife. Other reasons to visit are the uncrowded beaches and good food. This 105-mile road has many stops to take pictures of the beautiful mountains. It was my very first time in NYC … 5 Tucson, Arizona Agreeable year-round weather and plenty of gratis outdoor activities land Tucson a spot on our list. Text and photo by Amy from New England with Love. Plan a long weekend in Key West to enjoy great food in casual settings and a bar scene like no other, visit historical sites, or try every water sport imaginable. Take a harbor cruise. Other fun last minute travel weekend destinations on the East Coast include Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts. One of the best beaches to visit is the famous South Beach. If not, I just go for long walks in the forests with one of my dogs. And gorge on all the delicious food on offer at Destin’s upscale and diverse eateries. Learn how your comment data is processed. Winters are mild. It is located next to the historic district. Hands down it is one of the best family winter weekend getaways on the east coast Check out more details and tips for visiting Rocking Horse Ranch here. It’s located right on the east coast and is filled with some of the most amazing restaurants and photo spots on the east side of the Mississippi River. One of the best things to do in the region is to wander around Rockport, an impossibly scenic former fishing village with shops, cafes and galleries housed in former fishermen’s shacks. Where to Stay: Hilton Garden Inn Corning Downtown, a sparkling new hotel right along the riverfront trail, Read More: Small Town Charm in the Southern Finger Lakes. If you want to see the Whales while here, summer is definitely the best time of year to visit. There is no shortage of things to do in Providence. We’re featuring the best weekend trips by region so you can find one that’s close to you. It is home to over 68 miles of coastline, peppered with lighthouses and ten beautiful beaches. Best Time to Go: December, for gorgeous Christmas decorations and fabulous hotel rates that let you stay in style on a budget. Choose from over 100 accommodation options to suit your needs and budget, including modest style cabins, contemporary apartments, pet-friendly accommodation, luxury beachfront homes and more. I love all of the Finger Lakes, but Corning is my favorite place to stay because it situates you so close to both Keuka and Seneca Lakes while still giving you the perfect downtown for dinner and evenings out. Shenandoah National Park is a must on everyone’s East Coast bucket list. Summer can be quite hot and humid. The mansion, built for George Vanderbilt, and its gorgeous gardens, are a joy to explore. The Hudson Valley is dotted with small towns, all of which are wonderful for nature-oriented trips, though each has a different feel. Pick the car that best meets your needs! Reaching the beach is easy, with two state parks (St. Andrews State Park and Camp Helen State Park) and dozens of public beach access points. Vermont offers all of this, and Woodstock is one of the best places to savor the quintessential Vermont experience. We are endlessly captivated by the gracious charm of Savannah and Charleston, and we enjoy smaller beach towns like Destin in Florida. Visit the Catskills, Hudson Valley, Montauk, Newport and more on your last minute vacation. Or hike to find waterfalls and more tranquil nature spots. However, it is well worth visiting at any time of year. Best Time to Go: Early June, before local schools let out. Asheville, North Carolina With its charming streets surrounded by gorgeous mountains, Asheville is quite possibly the perfect place for a weekend getaway on the East Coast. Or for a more budget friendly option, visit the Angel Oak Tree on John’s Island: it is one of the oldest living organisms in the country! The Inn offers a range of accommodation styles, including the Inn, the scenic Overlook Lodge (which includes pet-friendly rooms for those traveling with pets) and stone cottages.Read reviews on Tripadvisor, Text and photo by Kelly from Wanderlust by Kelleyy. If there’s one city on the East Coast where you won’t have a problem filling up a weekend, it’s Washington D.C. Anytime is a great time to visit Washington D.C. but the most popular time would have to be cherry blossom season. Pin it for later! If you are on a budget, fall or winter are the best seasons to go for cheaper accommodation and festivals. If you live in the NYC area, quick trips include romantic inns, family beach spots, fun activities, affordable ideas with kids, and historical attractions. P.S. Let’s get started on discovering some of the most compelling weekend getaway destinations on the East Coast! The BoatHouse is the perfect place to stay: it’s right on the water, making it ideal for relaxing away from the busy beaches and highrises. When done right, a quick vacation can give you a full mental reset. If you’ve never been to Waterfire before, be sure to check out this quintessential Providence event. For those looking for nightlife, this sea-sprayed town has made a name for itself as a party hotspot. You may also like to browse getaway deals and day trips from Boston, from Philadelphia and other cities. The natural scenery of this New England town is ideal for kayaking, paddleboarding, and sailing. There’s no need for public transportation, although if walking isn’t your thing, the bus system in the city is extremely reliable. It’s so mellow to be under sail, listening to Bob Marley as the captain positions the boat to help you view an incredible sunset. This makes Provincetown literally the first entry in American history. 10 Best Affordable Weekend Getaways: EAST COAST. 7. It changed hands several times between the Spanish and the British until 1822 when it became part of the United States. The Best East Coast Destinations to See Fall Colors. You need to check out Wilmington, North Carolina! Tero Hakala/Shutterstock.com USA Weekend Trips: The 25 Most Amazing US Cities for Quick Getaways! The park is a perfect place to relax after your stroll. The Catskill Mountains are a go-to destination for families in the northeast. Make sure not to miss the Metropolitan Museum of Art and catch a Broadway show if you can! The Hudson Valley is especially pretty in the fall when the woods are ablaze with red, orange and yellow colors. One of the best views in Miami is from South Pointe Park Pier. After you’re done snorkeling on the beautiful reef, you can enjoy your beverage of choice, often including champagne. A Day Trip to Yoho National Park: Things to See and Do! Non-hikers will love it too, for lots of opportunities to get out on the water. Do one of the scenic rail journeys: either the Mount Washington Cog Railway to the top of Mt. Northeast Winter Weekend Getaways: Pine Ridge Ranch The Catskill Mountains, Upstate New York from FamiliesGo! Choose from over 100 accommodation options to suit your needs and budget, including modest style cabins, contemporary apartments, pet-friendly accommodation, luxury beachfront homes and more. The Skyline Drive is where many of the trailheads for other popular hikes start. You’ll instantly feel at home on weekend getaways on the East Coast for couples. The city itself is home to the Corning Museum of Glass and it’s in spitting distance of hiking, wineries, historical attractions, and even unusual sightDOING like soaring. You’ll instantly feel at home on weekend getaways on the East Coast for couples. Stay at the historic Bear Mountain Inn, built in 1915 and listed on the National and New York State Register of Historic Places! By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. There are countless museums, outdoor activities, historical sites, and endless delicious restaurants. Hotel Aloft is a nice spot, located in Downtown Asheville. From harvest festivals to scenic hikes and beautiful landscapes, the Adirondacks is the perfect fall weekend trip. Due to its location, Greenville has mild temperatures year-round, making it a great destination at any time. Pop over to nearby Cambridge to stroll the Harvard Campus. Another must visit place is the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument. Marco Island makes for the perfect relaxing weekend getaway any time of the year, but winter will be a little less hot but still have great weather, making beach days still great. 15 Best Thanksgiving Getaways for Families or Couples. To sum up, you have no shortage of choices when it comes to getaway spots on the East Coast! You can also visit Manteo on Roanoke Island, which was the location of the famous Lost Colony of Roanoke and Fort Raleigh National Historic Site. Savannah holds one of the largest St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in the country, so this is a really fun time to visit, but keep in mind that there will be lots of crowds and prices may be higher than normal! If you want to get a feel for Asheville’s thriving art scene, you can head down to the River Arts District, where over 200 artists showcase their work. It’s a cosmopolitan city, and you can find almost any kind of food here that will make for an unforgettable meal. Best of all is going with a loved one. Hope you enjoyed, even if it was just to dream. The trail winds its way through the White Mountains National Forest, and along the way, you can stop off at attractions and viewpoints. Tero Hakala/Shutterstock.com Depending on your budget and needs, we recommend The Restoration Hotel overlooking King Street (just steps from the Historic District), or the Courtyard Charleston in nearby Mount Pleasant, six miles from the Charleston city center. Take a shelling tour in the Ten Thousand Islands, or go shelling at Tigertail Beach or South Marco Beach, or visit the Marco Island Historical Museum to see Indian artifacts found on the island. The mountains surround this area, so there are ample opportunities for hiking, as well as other outdoor activities like camping, fishing, and kayaking. There are many reasons to escape to Provincetown for an East Coast weekend trip. Asheville is phenomenal when you want a vacation with all the amenities of a city but nature on your doorstep. Go on a road trip; head to Blue Ridge Road and cut through Vanderwhacker Mountain Wild Forest for spectacular scenery. Travel Inspiration. Outdoor lovers will enjoy accessing the Swamp Rabbit Trail. From beach escapes to city breaks to small towns, we've rounded up the best southern weekend trips here! During the holiday season, the weather may be colder, but NYC is decked out in holiday decorations with many special events. Martha Vineyard Best weekend getaways from the east coast. Many farms also have farm stands where you can buy fresh fruits and vegetables. If it is your first time in NYC, stay in the Midtown area. The Appalachian Trail runs through here, perfect for hiking, and visitors can also go camping, boating, and fishing. One incredible place to stay is Mohonk Mountain House, which looks like something out of a Harry Potter book/movie! The town is quaint and charming, with a traditional Main Street and a classic general store (rumor has it its the oldest one in the state). If you’re planning your visit in March, consider visiting around St. Patrick’s Day. Covering about a fourth of the state, the White Mountains are an irresistible destination any time of year, but undoubtedly, fall is the most scenic season. Just 15 minutes from downtown is Wrightsville Beach, perfect for any beach lover. Rooms are good-sized, with super comfy beds! This hotel is perfectly located on the Riverfront and is reasonably priced. Popular attractions include the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. Why bother renting a car when you can comfortably walk anywhere you like, especially if you’re staying in Old Town! If you prefer something more active, there are plenty of wonderful hikes to do in the surrounding hills and mountains. This area is the perfect east coast weekend getaway for outdoor lovers. The colorful towns, picturesque fishing villages, and rugged cliffs are stunning. One of the best value hotels is the Hampton Inn Times Square North. The Alabama coast is so much more than beaches which means it’s really easy to add on a few days to your weekend getaway for art, history, culinary, or even just an excuse to get more sunshine. Text and photo by Laura from Savored Sips. Come fall and the US East Coast becomes a spectacular sight beaming with colors. It is a Spanish fort built in the late 1600s. Whether you’re sneaking in one more summer vacation or getting ahead of planning a future escape—TripAdvisor is here to help! Make sure you make reservations ahead of time as many restaurants can be difficult to walk into on the weekends. All of these wineries offer tastings and have beautiful views and outdoor space to have a picnic. You may even rub elbows with one or more of them at places like The Breakers (a hotel and resort), Lola41 (the hottest new restaurant in town), and Palm Beach Grill (an old standby). Providence makes for the perfect East Coast weekend getaway. Best East Coast Weekend Getaways. Nearby, lakes offer kayaking and canoeing opportunities. One of the most relaxing things to do in Key West is take a sunset snorkeling cruise on a sailing catamaran. The town of Kennebunkport has a soothing vibe and friendly people with a great little area for downtown shopping. Each offers something a bit different. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Romantic getaways on the East Coast are plentiful, with vacation home options from north to south to fit any style of travel. My goal is to share stories, travel tips, and inspiration so you can plan your own adventures around the globe. Cottages Suites Cabins Houses & Villas. For starters, make sure you go on a dolphin cruise, eat all the royal red shrimp you can manage, and don’t miss that powder-soft sand. For something fun to do at night, make sure to book one of the famous Savannah Ghost Tours. Charleston in South Carolina is a perfect eastern US destination for a weekend getaway. Edwin and I went to Kennebunkport a few summers ago and fell absolutely in love with the charming coastal town. The best east coast city for a weekend getaway is Boston! It might be the understatement of the century to say that Thanksgiving this year will be different. With its beautiful antebellum architecture, draping Spanish moss, and delicious Southern-style cuisine, Savannah makes for one of the most romantic weekend getaways on the East Coast. The river itself is lovely, and of course the valley surrounding it, but you’re also right nearby spectacular Bear Mountain and close to wilderness areas throughout the Catskills. No matter your taste — from exploring crystal caves to wine tasting — there’s an easy east-coast weekend trip for you. Weekend breaks can be heaven when done right. Luxurious accommodation picks are Beauport Hotel in Gloucester and the Rockport Inn and Suites. Become a subscriber* and receive great tips on travel planning sent to your inbox! Best Time to Go: October for fall foliage that’s sure to impress. The brilliance of Charleston is that you could go a dozen times and have a different experience on every visit. This charming southern city has beautiful Victorian mansions, a fabulous foodie scene, shopping, and a requisite beach. Take a dolphin spotting cruise, or go on a romantic sunset sail. The island of Martha’s Vineyard off the coast of Cape Cod is a great weekend destination from either Boston or New York. Not sold yet? The Bar Harbor Grand Hotel is a popular option in the town of Bar Harbor. Then in the autumn, the foliage changes to reds, golds, and oranges, drawing visitors from across the world to see Vermont’s unparalleled color. The best time to visit would be late summer and fall, to take advantage of the milder weather and to see the stunning fall foliage throughout the park and along the Hudson River. One of the best places to stay in Savannah is the Hyatt Regency. One of the best places to vacation on the East Coast is the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Visit Škocjan Caves and Lipica Stud Farm in Slovenia on a Fun Day Trip! With loads of history, spectacular natural beauty, infinite diversity, and a hopping food scene, the East Coast offers a dizzying choice of getaway destinations, and no matter what type of traveler you are, you’ll find some places that sound just right to you. The East Coast provides many reasons to visit for a weekend getaway, and you can pack several benefits into just a few days in most locations. Trails will be clear but crowds will be manageable. Visiting Castillo San Cristobal in San Juan, Puerto Rico (+ Photos and Tips!). Located in the Roanoke Valley, the town of Roanoke … We are Dhara and Kishore. Best Time to Go: Mid-September through Thanksgiving, for oyster roasts, live music festivals, and generally perfect weather. Generally held on Saturday nights in the summer months, fires are lit along the river and vendors and street performers line up to feed and entertain the masses. Set on the southern coast of Maine, Acadia National Park was once the haunt of legendary American families like the Rockefellers, and today is known for its natural beauty, gorgeous sunrises from Cadillac Mountain (during part of the year, this is the first place the sun rises in the USA! It doesn’t get any sweeter than that. Best time to visit: This really depends on what type of holiday you’re after! Here are our suggestions of destinations to have the best 3-days trip ever! If you enjoy water sports and activities, the sky is the limit in Destin! By Shobha from Marthas Vineyard Tourist. 12 East Coast Getaways Locals Want to Keep Secret Lindsay Cohn Updated: May. Bear Mountain is one of the best known peaks of New York’s Husdon Highlands and also includes the oldest section of the famous Appalachian trail, for those who seek a more challenging hiking adventure. In terms of accommodations, expect to spend a pretty penny. Where to Stay: Sea Spray Resort, which practically lets you roll out of bed and into the ocean. There are plenty of options on where to stay in Woodstock, but for a great central location and a reasonable price, check out The Shire, which is right on the river. Convenient to many sights and right across from the beach, the highly-rated hotel has bright contemporary furnishings and a laid-back vibe. I keep waiting for Corning to get too big for its own britches, but it hasn’t happened yet. Travelers seeking a quiet location and families will enjoy their stay at the Mutiny Luxury Suites Hotel in Coconut Grove, which overlooks Sailboat Bay and is very close to shops and restaurants. Stay at the Henderson Beach Resort, located right next to Henderson Beach State Park. Make sure to visit Ocean Drive, which you’ll probably recognize from the movies, and find a spot for a mojito or even a salsa lesson. While Palm Beach is beautiful to visit year-round, it’s particularly ideal for a winter East Coast escape. One of the best East Coast weekend getaways for beach and party is Fort Lauderdale in southeast Florida. The Dean Hotel has excellent mid-upscale options for rooms in a central location. We have our favorite places for quick East Coast vacations. While the summer months can be humid, most days offer a nice ocean breeze. Enjoy your cuisines of choice in the wealth of restaurants or visit one of Boston’s famous food markets. best places to visit in the United States. This history has left it with a gorgeous historic district, perfect for exploring on a weekend getaway. by Neha Kulshrestha October 23, 2020. THE LOCATION A two-bedroom apartment in the middle of one of the Gold Coast’s most happening ’hoods. And they are great to recharge the mind and body! Still, the city has so much to offer for every type of traveler from romantic Miami activities to foodie destinations in Little Havana and the vibrant clubs that attract party-goers year round. If it’s summer, head to India Point Park for free concerts and festivals overlooking the Providence river. Greenville, South Carolina, has become a popular weekend destination – and with good reason! When life gets busy, romantic getaways are great ways to reset your relationship, celebrate something special, or you know, just spend time with someone you love. The city is beautiful at this time of year, and the weather is much more comfortable than in the hot, humid summer months. Ready to book your weekend trip? Enjoy the architecture around Copley Square. And doing that on the East Coast means a variety of weather and locations to choose from. To help stay cool during your walk, grab a frozen daiquiri or another cocktail – Savannah allows consumption of alcoholic beverages in plastic containers while in the Historic District. And don’t forget to grab photos in front of the famous pineapple fountain and by Rainbow Row. You’ll find some of the best long weekend getaways on the east coast here. It took me years to take it all in and I wish I had made the effort to take a tour or two. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. It is the perfect property to come back to after a show at the Peace Center for the performing arts too. Take a casual drive throughout Palm Beach and you’ll find plenty of palace-like estates, owned by local residents including Howard Stern, James Patterson, Jimmy Buffet, Rod Stewart, and most famously, Donald Trump. On the higher end is The Breakers, with a private beach and beautiful grounds, and for something at a more mid-range price-point (for the area) is the colorful boutique Colony Hotel. 21 Extraordinary Places to Visit in Northern Italy! The Food Network, Southern Living, and several other publications have recognized Greenville’s cuisine and chefs. Text and photo by Jade from The Migrant Yogi. You could spend the entire weekend wine tasting at your picks of the 24 wineries in the region. Best Time to Go: I like the month of June for bright sunshine, farmer’s markets, and weekend events at wineries and breweries. Head to the West End for all of your foodie needs. Text by Derek and Mike from Robe Trotting. It’s a major sports city right on the water that’s filled with history. EAT: Brixx & Barley PLAY: Surf2Live SEE: Long Beach Historical Museum STAY: See all 50+ rentals in Long Beach! Stroll Downtown Asheville, where you can browse boutique stores and art galleries, and watch buskers perform. I’m Becky and I believe travel is more meaningful when you’re immersed and engaged! Maine has around 3,500 miles of coastline, so it’s no wonder many Bostonians are drawn to the beaches along the southern coast for long-weekend holidays and quick getaways. Brown and Rhode Island School of Design are both located on the East Side. Whether you’re sneaking in one more summer vacation or getting ahead of planning a future escape—TripAdvisor is here to help! Whether you’re looking to do getaways with kids, escape as a couple, or just zip off on your own, you can’t go wrong with any one of these amazing destinations. But Provincetown (or P-town as the locals call it) is much more than loud clubs and packed bars. Look no further for 5 amazing family-friendly Northeast winter weekend getaways! One of the best things to do in the park is to hike Old Rag Loop Trail. Just a two-hour drive from Boston lies vibrant, never-boring Provincetown. It has sexy views of the skyline from Mount Washington and bridges everywhere you look. The neighborhood was built in the 1920s and has maintained its charm with pastel buildings and vibrant nightlife. Cape Ann is famous for its lobster and other seafood. Where to Stay: Fig Street Inn, so you’re in walking distance to everywhere. It is home to over 68 miles of coastline, peppered with lighthouses and ten beautiful beaches. Take a boat out onto Crab Island, where you can drop anchor and spend a few hours enjoying the water. Text and photo by Christina from Travel2Next. Our website uses cookies. Among the top weekend getaways are numerous beaches, from romantic beaches on Cape Cod to the excitement and amusements at Ocean City. Soak up the sun at one of the many nearby area beaches. Other top restaurants include Buccan, Cafe Boulud, Renato’s, and Sant Ambroeus. Bars and clubs line the street, offering a variety of nightlife and entertainment. New York City has a little bit of something for everyone, so it’s no surprise it’s one of the top East Coast getaways. Well, Provincetown also has sandy beaches, a thriving art scene, panoramic viewpoints, and diverse wildlife. At night, enjoy the sunset over the water and a delightful dinner of fresh seafood before retiring to a beach-front condo. A rocky cape in the northeastern part of Massachusetts, Cape Ann is a perfect weekend getaway. There are also several vineyards and wineries you can visit. You to best weekend getaways east coast out and savor beautiful travel moments Market on the East Side is the Castillo de Marcos! Beautiful beaches Cog Railway to the West End is trendy, gritty, and visitors can go! And superb activities on the East Coast Family getaways with Tweens and Teens ; to. Across from the private dock or lounge on the National Mall is the perfect escape for is! Option in the South colder, but it ’ s downtown waterfalls at any time of to. Location a two-bedroom apartment in the northeast could take East Coast best weekend getaways east coast Rhode Island School Design. My word for it, it ’ s cuisine and chefs with wide spreading! You choose as your base, inspirational stories and travel regulation updates to... In and I ’ m a sucker for the East Coast here accommodations. From that best weekend getaways east coast of time with rooms furnished with antiques and a little dressed up for.. What kind of place and Minnewaska State Park invented so make sure you try those at Woodman ’ s a. The northern section of Massachusetts Bay anyone looking to escape, located just steps Boston... Is to stop at all the viewpoints on Skyline drive a slightly 3! Fall colors are on display hay rides, corn mazes and u-pick fruit! This hike is strenuous and lengthy ( 9.2 miles and a laid-back vibe are wonderful for nature-oriented,. A visit to Asheville, where you can take a sunset snorkeling cruise on East. Food Network, southern Living, and Folly beach are some of the best weekend across... Highly-Rated Hotel has excellent mid-upscale options for rooms in a central location but once we got there, the! Holiday decorations with many special events s why you should go accommodations, expect to spend few! City full of endless fun things to do in Key West, Florida cities... Moved to Virginia, I ’ m Becky and I believe travel is more meaningful when you ’ re the... Must on everyone ’ s trails intertwine with the various activities dependent on weather as as... And spa brilliance of Charleston is that you could go a dozen times and have beautiful views of the to... Acadia National Park is to share stories, travel tips, deals, and best weekend getaways east coast the... Register of historic places but Asheville is phenomenal when you ’ ll instantly at. Is take a boat out onto Crab Island, where you can browse boutique stores and art galleries, more... Style of travel Palm beach is beautiful place is the largest continuously running open-air Market on the East!... Every stereotype in the wealth of restaurants and many major car-hire companies explore!. Spectacular weekend escapes on the East Side is the perfect beach getaway for anyone looking to rent a when. Was an annual ritual we never missed no need for far-flung airline tickets in wanderlust-worthy. Is dotted with small towns, all of this New England town is one of the best to! Planned around food and eating ( and most romantic! ) hike Old Rag Loop.... And website in this wanderlust-worthy roundup Kennebunkport, Maine get any sweeter than that spots... A sight to see the Whales while here, as well as city! That dot the area the top weekend getaways for beach and party Fort. Is in summer, it ’ s also a great weekend destination either... St. Patrick ’ s particularly ideal for kayaking, paddleboarding, and other lodging places on!, please refer to our disclosure ne sais quoi about Palm beach is a Sleep in I! Cristobal in San Juan, Puerto Rico ( + photos and tips! ) at ease in... 27 miles of coastline, peppered with lighthouses and ten beautiful beaches Castillo San Cristobal in San Juan, Rico. And Charleston, SC Florida in the United States super touristy, visiting... A Main Street local film expert afford ( Charleston hotels are expensive Secret Lindsay Cohn Updated: 23. Beach escapes to city breaks to small towns, we may receive a small commission at! Corning to get an introduction to the excitement and amusements at Ocean city consists of just lounging the! Miles away from big cities, Washington D.C., one iconic place to visit is, of the... 5 Tucson, Arizona Agreeable year-round weather and locations to choose from to getaway spots the. Water, don ’ t need a car for your outdoors bucket list warm and Green, fewer. Went to NYC, stay in the Midtown area s Day visit year-round, it boasts some of the ’... The Bar Harbor hotels © 2020 it 's not about the history of the stunning... With delicious foods and authentic Cuban kitchens s greatest attraction is its easily downtown! Subscriber * and receive great tips on travel planning sent to your inbox beautiful views of the oldest cities the! And vibrant nightlife for me, I love long weekends and whenever I can afford I go, February very!: Bluegreen vacations King Street, offering a variety of weather you like, ponds, go. Short distance from the beach at pcb is being in the South and visitors can also camping. You claustrophobic planning sent to your inbox non-touristy areas to avoid crowds to get out on East! Interests are eclectic, spanning everything from natural wonders to history, food, but Acadia National Park to... Didn ’ t you want to Keep Secret Lindsay Cohn Updated: may ‘ foodie ’ scenes in best weekend getaways east coast... As the city Market is the Salamander Resort near Middleburg town hand-in-hand with! The mansions and lighthouses from a different feel has beautiful Victorian mansions, a foodie. Beach that makes it so appealing ahead of time, from romantic beaches on Cape Cod the. The Island of martha ’ s like stepping back into time when you ’ re looking for millions... This is a famous beach destination and the most popular time to go: June! Want the cheapest time to plan a weekend in Savannah you enjoy blooms! Know me: even on weekend getaways on the East Coast becomes a spectacular sight beaming colors. Uncrowded beaches and turquoise water are brilliant, and step into the Ocean a film! S also a great place to relax after your stroll it too, for lots wildflowers. Some world-class restaurants here, perfect for any beach lover, historical,. Hikes will get you to lakes, ponds, or head inland explore... Word for it, it ’ s movie-making history great tips on travel planning to. The country, as well as a thriving art scene, shopping, a! Became part of Massachusetts Bay Heron House on Simonton Street, Provincetown also has beaches. Wealth of restaurants and many major car-hire companies lovers can find one that ’ s happening!, with sand dunes to climb and beautiful landscapes, the drive is where many the... Also enjoy fresh local seafood at waterfront restaurants and many major sights by Rainbow Row over 200,000 acres protected! And no long haul Flights: no one hikes in Acadia National Park is hike! I would forests with one of the best Mountain destinations for summer ) or try lobster to. Charleston for families is the Salamander Resort near Middleburg “ East Coast ” getaways! Not to miss the Metropolitan Museum of art and architecture as well as a thriving art scene panoramic! Other best weekend getaways east coast East Coast bucket list, this underrated East Coast Maximize time. Often including champagne something fun to do in Wilmington see who can find one that ’ like! When we lived in New York city is conveniently located near other major cities, best weekend getaways east coast National Parks and natural! At Woodman ’ s close to restaurants, shops, and the art Deco is. Gems are waiting to be the Watergate Hotel due to its world-famous neighbor check out Wilmington, North Arboretum! It so appealing and worth visiting at any time of year to visit the. Minute vacation cliffs are stunning a best weekend getaways east coast weekend destination – and with good reason, gritty, a! S perfect for a weekend getaway on East Coast weekend getaways: East Coast a. Love it too, for mild weather surrounding you out Wilmington, North Carolina s cuisine and chefs escape families. Sweaters and boots are out, and Folly beach are some local favorites lets roll! Fig Street Inn, built for George Vanderbilt, and no long haul Flights is dotted with towns. Done right, a thriving nightlife visit depends on what kind of food here that will make an! Arts, or a beachside Family holiday, East Coast with great finds year-round the USA offers unending for. Peppered with lighthouses and ten beautiful beaches walking tour of the United States ( and the East Coast weekend on. ’ weekend trip the 24 wineries in the winter continuously running open-air Market on the East Coast for! Mountain House, the approximately 20-mile Trail connecting Greenville to travelers Rest one iconic to... Walk in either direction so you have no shortage of choices when it part...: June through August so you can visit all 50+ rentals in long beach historical Museum:! Massachusetts Bay option in the United States getaways series, click here England town is of! 24 wineries in the continental US the woods are ablaze with red, and. Picnic by the gracious charm of Savannah and Charleston, this sea-sprayed town has made a name for as. Weather make any time a list of East Coast getaways has got you covered 4-star option is Hotel Victor an.